Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Dry Body Oil

I guess I was asleep at the switch. I didn't realize that Jo Malone had introduced a dry oil in English Pear & Freesia ($65). When I found out, my credit card jumped out of my wallet at lightning speed. I love dry oils, and I love Jo Malone's English Pear & Freesia fragrance. It was a natural for me.

English Pear & Freesia is a fruity floral with a burst of King William Pear in its top notes. White freesia (always one of the most fragrant flowers in a bouquet) is among the scent’s heart notes. Amazingly, its dry-down includes patchouli, white amber, and musk. I don't smell the patchouli, which I normally despise. I do smell the musk.

This luxurious, moisturizing oil scents the skin and is silky to the touch. The innovative, light texture is said to be ideal for warm weather - in my mind any weather. Dry oil hydrates the skin, but is dry to the touch. This one leaves behind nothing slick that would interfere with clothing, just lovely, scented hydration.

Given that "dry oil" is a relatively odd term, you might be wondering, "How can an oil be dry?" A dry oil is an oil that has been rendered almost free of water, contaminants, and impurities. Most dry oils for skin care are absorbed rapidly and don't leave you feeling sticky or greasy. A few do - but not this one. If you like English Pear & Freesia, you might want to look for this dry body oil.

You can find Jo Malone online and at department store counters everywhere.

Photo courtesy of Jo Malone

12 comments:

Hlopushka said...

I'm a huge fan of Jo Malone too, but I missed this dry oil as well.
Is it only Pear & Freesia or other fragrances as well?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Hlopushka!

There is one in Lime Basil & Mandarin too. You can see them at this Jo Malone link.

http://www.jomalone.com/templates/products/mpp_family.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY21522

Miss Brahms said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. I had a woman stalk me in a grocery store to ask me what it was. If you like any white flower bouquet, you will LOVE this fragrance. It smells even better than the fragrance - this oil - once it dries down. And those of you who shave and then put on a dry oil to make your legs gleam, this is such a lovely fragrance, people will go crazy. It smells like clean freshly shampooed hair - the kind that the guy in high school loved to smell on you. I seriously recommend this fragrance - i don't care for all of the jo malone arsenal, but this is top dollar fragrance. Almost 100% of my customers end up buying it after sniffing, sampling or wearing around the store. A real crowd pleaser! :)
InCircle begins tomorrow at Neiman Marcus - Jo Malone has a fab travel mini gift with fragrance, hand cream lip balm and the vitamin e gel - stock up, baby!

The Rhapsode said...

I keep hearing about Jo Malone scents!! I love reading about perfumes, I really ought to save up to buy one sometime... And the idea of a dry oil sounds lovely.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Brahms and Rhapsode!

There are some Jo Malone scents that just "light my fire." This is one of them.

sunnlitt said...

Thank you so much for explaining what a 'dry oil' is. I really appreciate your help with that.

And, this particulat one sounds wonderful!!

Eileen said...

I took advantage of Nordstrom's extra points awhile back and the Jo Malone GWP to stock up on two of my favorite summer fragrances: Orange Blossom and Nectarine Blossom and Honey. I bought the colognes and the wonderful SA, Svetlana, rounded out my purchase by giving me very generous samples of the matching dry oils and body creams. Of the three different fragrance forms, I found the oils to be the most delicate. That's not a bad thing. Because they're oils, they provide a wonderful base for layering more of the same fragrance or layering something different. As for the body creams, they are richly sented and will make your skin feel like satin. Applied before sleeping in between the sheets, they're guaranteed to send you off into soothing slumber :-)

Unknown said...

what kind of oil is it, is it a combination of vegetable oils or a synthetic blend?

Hlopushka said...

Thanks Charlestongirl,
I love Mandarin and Basil:)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna,

It's sesame oil. Nice stuff.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I'm catching up on comments. One afternoon out for makeup mania, and I got behind!

Last year, I stocked up on Jo Malone during a discount event. I've given some away as gifts, but still have a nice back stock. :)

I need to buy the other dry oil, but I just spent too much on fragrance! I have lots to review.

Charlestongirl said...

Any time, Sunnlitt! If I ever assume with terms, please ask. I try to get to all comments.