Friday, June 24, 2011

Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in Khaki Platine for Fall 2011

There's Khaki Platine, placed unobtrusively at the bottom of this Chanel Fall 2011 Collection photo - a superstar seemingly overshadowed by flashier celebrities. If you can purchase only one item from this collection, Chanel's Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in Khaki Platine ($29) is the one I would recommend. It's an eyeliner like no other.

Here's the first one I purchased, worn almost down to a nub just from playing with it this week. Fortunately, the liner comes with its own sharpener, so I'll make it as good as new tomorrow. I'm saving the second one I bought as a back-up. Maybe it will even go in my makeup museum. It's worthy of preservation.

You don't want to see this creamy pencil, which applies with seamless ease, in its "house." I know you want to see swatch photos. I took them over several days, trying to snap a few that would show you this amazing shade on my skin. It's green; it's silver; it shimmers; it reflects light. In certain light, it has a mint cast. In other settings, it's shimmering khaki through and through.

Unlike Rose Platine, which I found best as a liner for use under my lower lashes, Khaki Platine is gorgeous circling the entire eye. On the model's eyes in the feature below, I am sure it was used to enhance the inner corner. I think the shade will work no matter what your eye color or skin tone. It's a pick-me-up shade, one that will catch your eyes in the mirror and make you think, "I look pretty good today!" What a difference an eyeliner can make!

Be assured that Khaki Platine offers the control to apply a thin line, which I prefer, or go with a more intense, bold look. It can even smudged to serve as a shadow.

It's clearly the companion to Illusion D'Ombre in Épitant, an eye shadow in the fall collection that will make your heart race. Illusion D'Ombre in Épitant was designed for a self-confident woman. Khaki Platine will please those of us who long for a touch of glamour, but don't want to shout.

I'll leave you with one more photo. Now, hop online at Chanel.com or rush to your nearest Chanel counter and buy the limited-edition Khaki Platine! If you don't, you'll regret it. Put another way, how can you resist?

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Since it's not the waterproof formula as Rose Platine was how does it last? Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Lasts all day on me! I don't usually have trouble keeping liners on, though. If anything, I have trouble getting them off at night.

Eileen said...

Hi Perilously Pale,

I use it over a primer (Kanebo Eyelid Base) and it holds well. The difference I've found between the two is that Rose Platine's harder formula holds a precise line better than Khaki Platine's which is softer and meant to be smudged.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I didn't have any trouble drawing a thin line, probably because I nestle it into the base of my lashes. :)

Every time I work with it, I sigh. I hope Chanel realizes it has a super-hit with this "series." Keep those shades coming!

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Great minds think alike :-) I was just thinking how much I'd love for Chanel to come out with a holiday color--something other than the usual silvers or golds. Wouldn't that be something?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love my Rose Platine so much! This one looks just as gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

It is, Tracy! You will LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I love them both, I also bought a back-up of the Rose before it disappeared, I may need to get one of the khaki as well!

Beth