Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Roundup - June 11

This week, we are welcoming Karla Sugar, everyone's swatch queen, to our weekend roundup. We feel so privileged to have such a talented blogger join our team - with her world-famous arm. I always check Karla's blog, The Next Best Thing to Going Shopping Yourself, to select a shade she's already swatched when I'm purchasing online or on the phone. We hope you'll leave a warm welcome in the comments!

Anyone who read Café Makeup regularly (isn't that all of us?) knows that Amy has taken a long pause from blogging - maybe forever, maybe not. We love her and hope she will return someday. She's too talented to leave us! Sabrina, of the fabulous The Beauty Look Book, is on a short break. Doesn't everyone deserve a little vacation? It's officially summer here. We had a 105-degree day at my house. I could have fried a lipstick on my flagstone walk! Here's what our talented team has cooking.

Karla Sugar swatched the new Gloss d'Armani lip glosses by Giorgio Armani Beauty. Find out how they compare to the prior gloss formula, which is being discontinued.
Gouldylox Reviews turned orange so you don't have to - one of the big reasons I don't "do" self-tanners anymore.
Fab over Forty went from fair to fabulous with Lancôme's newest Bronze Azure Summer 2011 Collection.
BeautyXposé wants us to glow for summer, so she's doing a giveaway of four Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect products.
The Non-Blonde showed us some fabulous shades of Dior Addict and is giving two away! Be sure to enter to win one of my favorite lipsticks!
Product Girl showed us how to give our eyes a little sparkle and shine with Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liners. I love Stila.
Diva Debbi loved the new Brazilian Peel, and she told us how it compares to peels. I just started testing it, and I'm enthusiastic too.
Daly Beauty loves the scent of jasmine and shared with us some of her favorite fragrances that contain the beautiful note. Given my own passion for jasmine, I think Jane just cost me some money.

Here at Best Things in Beauty, I recounted the story of my very limited-edition Lumières Byzantines de Chanel Palette. The things we do for beauty! That palette is a museum piece, but I decided to use it. Find out why.

Update: Interested in a photo of the damage?

Stay cool!

No comments: