Monday, June 6, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Ken's Korals - Exclusive to Neiman Marcus

They've arrived - Ken's Korals were delivered just in time for Camp Gorgeous, Neiman Marcus' summer beauty event! Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing, the definitive taste maker for Neiman Marcus, collaborated with Le Métier de Beauté to create two limited-edition products inspired by the bold, uplifting colors seen on runways. The result was Ken’s Korals. The coral-red lip and nail shades were chosen to be universally flattering.

Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick in Ken’s Kissable Koral ($32) is an innovative lip stain and moisturizer in one. Jojoba, lanolin, and shea butter will keep your lips soft, while a shot of rich coral on the lips will adds some drama to the classic sun-soaked summer look. The Nail Lacquer in Ken’s Kontagious Koral ($18) is available in a new, larger size, .40 ounces.

Both items are available exclusively at Neiman Marcus and neimanmarcus.com. If you are interested, you should reserve or purchase them soon. They are bound to sell out.

These swatch photos taken by Kathy Shoreman. As you can see, they are intense colors. Kathy took the photos in the store, I think, with her iPhone. Pretty good for iPhone photos! Isn't she the best?

I'm such a Le Métier de Beauté devotee, I wanted to show you the shades as soon as possible so that you red and coral fans can make sure to get these beauties while they are available. The hot colors are already hot tickets.

Photos by Kathy Shoreman for Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours!! Thanks so much to you and Kathy for the swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

They are pretty - I'm so grateful to Kathy for those "hot off the press" swatches. :)

Someone had asked me to put up swatches when they came in. That's as fast as it gets. They just arrived.

lovethescents said...

Love-love-love the polish and would def. wear it. The lipstick is beautiful too, although I'm not sure it's something I would go to on a regular bases.....hmmmmm....thank you for the swatches :-)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous-thank you for sharing! I can't wait to try these beauties. They put me in the mood for summer and vacations on a beach.

I wanted to mention that I had the opportunity to meet Kathy for the first time at Tyson's yesterday. She is simply wonderful and incredibly nice! I highly recommend her--stellar customer service!!

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, you met Kathy! How cool! She's one of the best things that ever happened to retail. :)

Kathy swung by last night on her way home. She had painted one nail with Ken's Kontagious Koral nail lacquer. We decided we'll call it "Sexy Feet."

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Until I get my hands on it, I fear it's too dark for me - and too orangy. It might make me look like I'm trying to make a statement.

Hmmm...there are a few times when I want to do that. :)

lovethescents said...

Yes, it's fun to make a statement sometimes :-) For more fun I went to the website to see what shipping charges would be. Now the two items together were $50, shipping and handling charges, plus bizarre extra charges = $120!!! Bahahhaaaa! Pass...

Me said...

I ordered the nail polish. Back ordered to June 21, wah. I passed on the lipstick because I can't don't look my best in warm reds, but I thought long and hard about it. I may still do yet!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Zuzu! Call Kathy Shoreman at 703-761-1600, x 3282, and get her to send it to you. I think she can pull off free shipping. From what I hear, it may never make it until June 21. In other words, the store is telling me that they expect it to sell out in-store.

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, e-mail me if you want it. Soon! :) I have a box to ship to you, and it could be in it if you want.

Me said...

Eek! I'd have thought my order reserved me one. I'll call Kathy tomorrow, thanks much!

Charlestongirl said...

Zuzu, Kathy is off tomorrow, but Anna Befanis will be happy to help you for her. Kathy has arranged for it, and Anna is a doll. Ask for the RéVive Counter when you call 703-761-1600.

A bunch of readers called Kathy today, and she is grateful! A gal has to take a day off now and then, but don't wait for her retun on Thursday. Ken's Korals are selling like there's no tomorrow. :)

Me said...

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I really want to wear the nail polish with Bobbi Brown Sweet Nectar lipstick, which is about as vibrant a coral as my face can withstand. :)

Charlestongirl said...

That will look pretty Zuzu! Actually, that flashy nail polish will go with most lipsticks. It's a great bright red.