Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wand

More Rouge Bunny Rouge - my latest makeup obsession! I ordered two Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wands ($43.43) from Zuneta. I could not be more delighted with them. I am reminded of a known saying, "Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul."

Rouge Bunny Rouge's Blush Wand is a cream blush. I love cream blushes because they melt into my skin and make the color look natural - like magic. Here's the description of the Blush Wand at Zuneta.

When acts of magic happen in our world, the weave of the Enchanted Garden opens and captures it as swiftly as the wind's winged messenger. This line of blushes was born in just such an auspicious instance - when the muse inspired the great painters.

Charge your cheeks with ultra-sheer, natural-looking color in a starry instant. A decadently ravishing, sitting-by-a-glowing-fire flush, or an innocently alluring frolicking-in-the-meadow bloom is yours. This magical-sceptre-of-a-blush enlivens your face with a subtle, youthful shine and a hint of even, blendable color.

Four charming shades are available to paint a "soft aquarelle inspiration or a vivacious oil-on-canvas muse to your cheeks." The Blush Wand contains a blend of natural oils and spherical powders for a super-soft emollient cream-to-powder finish in an easy-to-use portable wand. I have applied it straight to my cheeks from the wand, blending with my fingers or a brush, or running a synthetic brush over the top of the wand to pick up the color.

I purchased two shades.
  • Rubens, a semi-transparent medium sangria with ice - great on all complexions
  • Vermeer, a semi-transparent medium-soft rose petal pink, probably best for light or medium complexions.
As usual, Zuneta's shade descriptions were spot-on! Here's a photo of both shades in their tubes, used. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Rubens is on the left, and Vermeer is on the right.

I swatched them for you and took my photo in full sun, in front of my Satsuki azaleas. Rubens is shown at the top of my arm, and Vermeer below. I applied them fairly heavily to ensure the shade differences would be apparent.

Both shades are perfect for me. Rubens is rose, with just a hint of plum, and I think it will work for many skin tones, not just pale faces. Vermeer is a lighter shade, pink but not candy-pink, a very flattering shade to make you look pretty. The shades are not sparkly; they just look that way from the sun's reflection on my arm.

There are two more shades available: Goya (peachy-coral) and Manet (rosy-coral). With four shades, there's bound to be one you'll like.

As with all Rouge Bunny Rouge at Zuneta, there's a product application guide. You can count on accurate swatch photos. It's a great place to shop! As I mentioned earlier in the week, Zuneta's customer service, helping me (or you) select colors online is superlative. The shipping from the U.K. is free to U.S. customers who order enough. I didn't have any trouble achieving the free shipping level. I've done it multiple times! There's even more Rouge Bunny Rouge to come here at Best Things in Beauty. If you missed my earlier features, just scroll down.

You can find the Rouge Bunny Rouge Web site at this link. They have a Facebook page here. Head over to Zuneta to browse and order. Just remember, the U.S. dollar isn't what it used to be.

Update 6/5: Sometimes I feel like an idiot. This morning, thinking about painters (and these blushes named after them), I looked at my copy above and saw that I changed poor Mr. Vermeer's name to veneer, which is a thin covering some put over wood and art. I must have done that because of the intoxication caused by Rouge Bunny Rouge. I can tell you that the Enchanted Garden really does have magical effects - perhaps as good as I've heard hallucinogens are! Laughing... There's been so much interest in the Blush Wands, I threw in another photo. I probably should have used it when I published the feature.

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Eileen said...

Well, golly gee-whiz! It looks like I have more to add to my Zuneta wish list! That Vermeer is particularly lovely and looks beautiful on your skin. Sheered out over the cheeks, I can easily imagine how natural it looks. Another color I saw on Zuneta that looks promising is Goya, but that one is for the coral and peach lovers amongst us. I don't think I'm going to have any trouble at all hitting that free shipping mark, do you? LOL

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

I think you'll be just fine. If anything, I worry about spending too much there, not that I won't spend enough. :)

I would love to try Goya, but there are other things I want more. I really like these blushes. They remind me of the BB ones.

makeup merriment said...

Ugghh.... I really shouldn't have read this! Those are really wearable! Thanks for the swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeup Merriment!

I aim to please...or ruin your day? :)

These blushes have my heart. I was just browsing Zuneta to order even more RBR. It's so much fun, in addition to being gorgeous.

Clarisse said...

What lovely blushes! I have discovered Rouge Bunny Rouge thanks to your reviews and they seem to be really amazing products. I think I'll indulge some of them on Zuneta website very, very soon!

Style de Nude said...

I love the dark, rosy color! I don't have anything like that in my collection! How is the wear? Do they last all day?

Lisa said...

Wish this post had arrived earlier! I haven't received my first shipment from RBR and found myself drawn to the Zuneta web site again! This morning I bought al the items used in the Isola Bella video for the Spring 2011 launch, eyes, face, cheeks, and lips. Did not buy the liquid liner pen, too many great ones out there and the make-up artist looked like he was struggling with it, so I know I would too! How do these creme blushes compare to NARS, Tarte, or Hourglass?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

Isn't it wonderful that they ship just about anywhere?

Lisa said...

I agree with Eileen the Vemeer is especially lovely!

Charlestongirl said...

ProductDoctor,

They last all day on me. I don't usually have trouble keeping blush on my cheeks, though, because my skin is dry. Even with plenty of moisturizer, I come home from work and can still see my blusher.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa,

I like them better than most of their competitors. Not all, most. I haven't done side-by-side tests, though.

You been doing the same thing I've been today!

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

What a great find! RBR seems to be really catching on, especially among us bloggers! Could you imagine if they had a store here? We could have instant gratification! Then again, perhaps them being so far away adds to the allure and charm?

Unknown said...

I have had Vermeer on my want list for such a long time. I've never seen a swatch of Rubens before, it's lovely and might *actually* be better for me than Vermeer. Thank you for sharing!
Jane x

Unknown said...

Oooohhhh I really, really like the look and sound of these! I'm really kicking myself for not including one in the order I just made! I've been loving cream blushes lately thanks to my fav blush at the moment Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Poppy but somehow I neglected to notice these beauties when I placed my order :-(

morelikespace said...

Every time I read something about this brand, my wallet screams a little. Thanks for sharing nonetheless. Your swatches and reviews make it that much less intimidating to order sight unseen...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jane!

Both are so pretty, you may need them both. If you need a little more color, order Rubens. If the pretty-in-neutral-pink look works for you, then you should adore Vermeer.

BTW, it was this morning that I saw my mistake in typing the painter's name yesterday. My, oh my, what a difference a day makes!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PerilouslyPale,

There will always be another order! Zuneta is such a great source. I'd be buying Edward from them if I didn't have the fantabulous team at Bergdorf Goodman! You'll love Poppy!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Flora Mundi!

I may have to sell antique silver again to start paying for these habits!