Monday, June 27, 2011

Xtrème Lashes Eye Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser

I haven't exactly been holding out on you. I've meant to tell you about Xtrème Eye Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser ($13.95 to $34) for a very long time - too long. I can see hiding a very special eye shadow - one that's yours alone, one that makes your eyes the envy of everyone who sees you. Some might love that and adopt an "eat your heart out" attitude, right? I felt almost selfish when I realized I had never told you about this extraordinary eye makeup remover, one I've been using since last year.

I did tell you about GlideLiner - an abfab, long-lasting eyeliner with all the great qualities of a liquid or gel, but in a devilishly easy-to-use pencil. I also told you about Xtrème Lashes AMPLIF-eye Lash & Brow Fortifier, an effective product that does not contain the dreaded prostaglandin, the active ingredient in LATISSE. If you didn't see those features, please click on the links and visit them. I love both products.

I also love the Xtrème Lashes Eye Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser, an aloe-based makeup remover that will gently cleanse and moisturize the skin around your eyes (or your entire face) while conditioning the lashes and brows. A coconut-derived cleansing agent removes impurities and stubborn eye makeup, while antioxidant and vitamin-rich botanical extracts, including rosehip, chamomile, eyebright, and cucumber calm, refresh, and nourish the skin. I always feel grateful after I use this gentle product - grateful that Xtrème Lashes created it. For me?

It's over 90% natural and contains no mineral oil or artificial colors, fragrances, or dyes - nice and pure! It's sulfate-free too, so it won't strip your skin of natural oils. The clever folks at Xtrème Lashes, who specialize in eyelash extensions, created it to ensure it would work in harmony with their lashes. It's ideal for all skin types, even the sensitive skin around the eyes (my most sensitive area).

A little goes a long way. When I cleanse my skin with many gentle facial cleansers - usually too quickly at the end of a day - I end up with a touch of mascara "wash" under my eyes if I don't target the area under my lower lashes. One quick wipe with Xtrème Lashes Eye Makeup Remover, and it's gone, without tugging or a struggle. I have never felt even a remote suggestion of stinging, and it doesn't migrate into my eyes. I tried another eye makeup remover recently, one that was advertised as supremely gentle, and it migrated into my eyes and stung! This one never has.

I know Xtrème Lashes labels the product a facial cleanser too, but I have never used it to remove the day's makeup. I use it to supplement my cleanser. I think it would be lovely, though, to clean up quickly on one of those makeup-free days, when a light wipe is all I need to take off the day's grime. It's refreshing.

The next time you are in the market for an eye makeup remover, check it out. I'll bet you'll like it as much as I do! My lashes are natural (no extensions) and long. I want to take good care of them. I can count on Xtrème Lashes Eye Makeup Remover to help me.

You can order directly from the Xtrème Lashes Consumer site. While you're there, check out the other cosmetic products offered by the company. Jo Mousselli founded Xtrème Lashes, which has grown from a small, family business into an international company - for good reason. You can find out more about Jo and her company at this link.

OK, who remembers the British comedy Absolutely Fabulous? Nicknamed AbFab, it was a hit in its day.

Photo courtesy of Xtrème Lashes

13 comments:

Shannon (Lipstick Musings) said...

Thanks for the review! I've been looking for a good, gentle eye makeup remover, especially since I started wearing Diorshow Iconic, which can be a bit tricky to get off. I'll have to check this out!

Also...AbFab is hysterical--I love that show! I heard they are thinking of doing a reunion show or movie or something. Apparently, it's in the works. It may have just been a rumor, but if it's true...fabulous!!!

Shannon

lovethescents said...

I, like Lipstick Musings, have been looking for a good eye makeup remover. Some are too oily, some burn. This sounds perfect. I've never heard of this line. I'll have to give it a try. Plus, you had me at "coconut". :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shannon!

Wasn't AbFab a riot? I wish PBS would rerun it instead of that old bag they run on Saturday nights. They even took off Are You Being Served on my local station, leaving me with no comedy to start my night.

Charlestongirl said...

Give it a try, Lovethescents. I didn't check to see if they ship to Canada. Hope so!

lovethescents said...

There's my post! Yay! Speaking of post, strike is over after 4 long weeks!!

Nemo said...

Do you know if the Xtreme Lashes Eye Makeup Remover works on waterproof mascara as well?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo!

The answer is no. Waterproof mascara is harsh and drying, and Xtreme Lashes doesn't recommend that you wear it. Most waterproof mascaras will make your lashes brittle over time. Not only that, it takes a solvent to remove them. Yuk! Xtreme Lashes wanted their product to be gentle - definitely without a harsh solvent ingredient. They designed this remover to be nutritious for your skin and lashes, and it is, with so many healing ingredients like aloe!

Give your lashes a break (no pun intended). Don't wear waterproof mascara every day if you don't absolutely have to. It has its place for certain occasions, but you might be surprised if you try some of the superb non-waterproof mascaras on the market.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes! Hi Lovethescents!

I am so glad that strike is over. Was so hard to send packages back and forth between the U.S. and Canada. Our postal service even stopped accepting parcels bound for Canada.

Anonymous said...

Xtreme Lashes ships almost worldwide! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Yes! Thanks!

Our non-US friends should be very happy with that news. I talked to them today about waterproof mascaras and forgot to ask. Duh!

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Charleston girl. I beg to differ on wearing waterproof mascara. I have worn it for years, nothing but, with no problems whatsoever. I wear nothing but Lancome. To remove it, I do not use a solvent--never have. In fact, I use the Un-Petroleum Jelly by Alba. Organic. Just a little takes off the mascara and leaves my eye area lubricated.

leslie said...

Hi Anonymous, I'm sorry but you have been using a solvent all these years -- oil. Not sure what being organic has to do with anything, but almost all of the ingredients in Un-Petroleum Jelly by Alba is an oil.

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Some more helpful sites:

http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=692

http://www.thesmartmama.com/understanding-labels-peg-40-hydrogenated-castor-oil-greenwashing/

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Leslie. I meant to get back to Anonymous today with similar info, but my day got away from me.