Friday, June 10, 2011

Lord & Taylor Friends & Family and Tysons Corner Events

Liza Wade, a beauty veteran, is now managing the beauty department at Lord & Taylor at Tysons Corner Center. Lord & Taylor has always had a great beauty department, but Liza has given it a little extra pizazz!

This week, Liza hosted a preview party for bloggers the night before Friends & Family began. The spotlight was on the Allure Readers' Choice Awards. We had an opportunity to browse and talk with representatives from many of the brands offered at the store. Now you have an opportunity to stop by your closest Lord & Taylor to take advantage of the Friends & Family events and, of course, discounts. You can even shop online using the code FRIENDS to save money! The Friends & Family event runs through Monday, June 13.

Where did I spend my time while I was roaming the beauty department? I started at Shiseido, one of my favorite brands, spent a lot of time with the charming Dior rep, poured over all the Lancôme summer colors, and checked out Clinique and Chanel. I can cover a lot of ground in my favorite department.

While I was in the store, I tried on a pair of fabulous Michael Kors shoes (they didn't have my size) and navy blue slacks (they didn't have my size). I was a lot more successful in the beauty department. I think I told you I came home with yet another Dior Addict Lipstick.

There are some fabulous gifts with purchase available during Friends & Family. One of my favorites is from Clinique. A darling, colorful water-resistant bag, perfect for the pool or beach, is filled with generous samples and bonus samples. For the bonus samples, you can choose a Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Violets or Nudes and a Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink or All Heart. The GWP is free with any Clinique purchase of $25 or more.

When there is a GWP, it's the perfect time to stock on on your Clinique essentials. Based on Allure's awards, we know many consider 7 Day Scrub Cream ($18.50) an essential part of their beauty routine. The gentle exfoliator nudges away roughness and flakiness to refine the skin, lessening the appearance of fine lines and clearing the way for moisturizer to absorb. The rinse-off formula is convenient. I keep one in my shower.

Did you know that Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector ($49.50), a serum that targets hyperpigmentation, is Clinique's #1 seller? It was launched early last year and had a meteoric rise to the top. Lynne Greene, Global Brand President of Clinique, saw an opportunity to fill a "white space" in skin care. She consulted with dermatologists, who told her they didn't have a great product for hyperpigmentation without sensitivity. Lynne saw the need - 26% of American women are interested in pigmentation issues - and tasked her team to create Even Better Dark Spot Corrector, now a worldwide hit. Under Lynne's leadership, Clinique has jumped from a being tried-and-true company to an innovative one with a host of skin-care solutions. I mentioned in April how much I love CX Neck and Chest De-Aging Cream ($110).

Interested in the gorgeous new Lancôme Bronze Sensations Collection for Summer 2011? You can try out all the shades at Lord & Taylor.

This weekend, Lord & Taylor at Tysons Corner Center has a host of events tied to Allure's award winners and favorites. Here are a few of the events on Saturday, June 11, that should interest DC-area gals. I think it would be worth your time to stop by!
  • Clinique diagnostic facials
  • Chanel summer color sessions
  • Dior makeup sessions
  • Shiseido facials (who doesn't like a free facial?)
There's another event on July 22 I have to mention. Clarisonic is having a trunk show, featuring Evan Harlow. Evan is the Clarisonic expert of our area, and he's a delight - as much fun as it gets. Why not stop by to let Evan show you how Clarisonic can change your life? I'm loving my Opal!

Everyone living in the DC area knows that Tysons Corner Center is a shopping destination. Don't forget to make Lord & Taylor your beauty destination. While you're there, ask for Liza and introduce yourself. I'm sure she would love to meet Best Things in Beauty readers. You can bet I'll be stopping by this weekend to take advantage of the 10% discount in beauty. It's like free money!

Photos by Lord & Taylor, Clinique, and Best Things in Beauty

No comments: