Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit - Part 2

Imagine a Mediterranean sunset, with shades of sunlit peach, lavender, rosy coral, and gold - just as Dustin Lujan envisioned when he created the Le Métier de Beauté Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit. My limited French tells me a loose translation is Golden Froth or Golden Sea Foam. Light, diaphanous colors, fleeting colors that change by the minute as the sun sets over the Mediterranean Sea, have been translated into a lip palette that offers us the opportunity to create our own nuanced masterpieces, using Le Métier de Beauté's Couches de Colour application technique. Layer the four shades of Écumes D’or to "interpret the moment" any way you see it.

Yesterday, I showed you my first photos of the Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit. I wasn't happy with them because the sun was intense when I took them. This morning, I took my camera to work with me and was able to get better photos of the colors. I wanted you to see more saturated views of the shades so that you could fully understand why I'm so excited about this lip kit. I also wanted to have an opportunity to layer the four shades, starting with Calm Phoenix at the bottom, and moving upward to create a beautifully complex nude lip.

My photos were taken in my office. I applied the four shades with a lip brush this morning, "painting" heavily until I had enough color on my arm to accurately reflect these stunning shades. They are presented here as they are presented in the Kaleidoscope, top to bottom.
  • Soft Dew – a nude highlight
  • Morning Light – a golden layer of warmth
  • Deep Sea – a feminine lavender for contrast
  • Calm Phoenix – a rich, berry base
The photos of a "single shade" (at left and below) resulted from layering, starting with Calm Phoenix and finishing with a Soft Dew highlight. Look at all four shades and imagine all the sheer, glowing combinations you can create with this paint kit. Then look at the result of layering all four. Isn't it amazing? An artist like Dustin could "see" the result of layering before the fact. I'm more of a left-brain type. I need to try it.

The second set of photos here benefited (or suffered) from direct morning sun. Even with the sun's reflection, they are not diminished, but rather enlivened by the glimmering sunshine. That's how your lips will gleam when you wear these shades.

I applied various combinations to my lips today while I was working, checking frequently in a mirror to see how long they lasted and how they looked. They don't scream, and they aren't metallic. Much better, they have a subtle shimmer - a beautiful glow, really - that's extremely flattering.

The color lasts a long time, much longer than many glosses and rivaling long-lasting lipsticks on me. Eating and napkin use will take a toll, but that's why I never mind reapplying my favorite lip colors after meals or touching up during the day. I'm impressed by how long these shades last on my lips. Hours after application, they look as great as they did when applied.

I described the shades yesterday. I won't repeat those descriptions; just scroll down to see them. Order your Le Métier de Beauté Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit now! It's a Bergdorf Goodman exclusive, and it's very limited. I am sure that those who procrastinate are going to be disappointed. Écumes D’or is going to sell out, and when they are gone, they will be gone. Just call (212) 872-8612, and one could be winging its way to bring a Mediterranean sunset to your house.

Lip Kit photo by Le Métier de Beauté; swatch photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

That really is beautiful, not much more to say besides that! Dustin hit a home run with this kaleidoscope.

Charlestongirl said...

He sure did! Have you ordered/received yours, Hopelessly Devoted?

Clarisse said...

Well done: your gorgeous photos manage to capture the magic of this Golden Sea Foam:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Was that translation correct, Clarisse?

Clarisse said...

Yes, Charlestongirl, both are correct, but I tend to prefer the Sea Foam , with the reference to the Sea...:-)

Unknown said...

SO pretty!! I must put out of my head! LOL

lovethescents said...

So incredibly tempting. Painfully so.

Eileen said...

Well, Charlestongirl, between your and Gaia's beautiful pictures and glowing reviews, I was motivated to get on the phone to NY bright and early today to order Écumes D'Or. Now, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Kaléidoscope. LMdB might like to think of make-up as a craft (métier) but it's obvious that it takes a true artist's eye and imagination to visualize all the layering possibilities. Dustin is evidently just such a person. I hope LMdB appreciates his gift and his talent.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Clarisse!

PerilouslyPale, why would you put it out of your head? This is must-have makeup.

Lovethescents, Bergdorfs uses FedEx. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

You will be so pleased with it! I don't know if Dustin travels to the West Coast. I'll have to ask him. You would love him - a combination of talented, fun, and "real."

lovethescents said...

Thank you for the tip! I've never even looked at the Bergdorf site before. Beautiful :-)

lovethescents said...

--Addendum to my last post: to all non-American shoppers, Bergdorf's does not ship outside the US..

luv2smilexo said...

so glad to see a layered swatch! that is such a lovely neutral color. I can't wait to receive mine :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, friends! Glad to help everyone spend money. :)

Unknown said...

I'm trying to convince myself I don't need it because it is a big hassle trying to get these counter exclusive items to Canada. Don't tell me it's a must have! :-(

Charlestongirl said...

OK - I won't tell you it's a must-have, even though it is. I should start a personal shopper business for Canadian beauties.

Anonymous said...

From how these colors looked, I was hoping they were eyeshadows!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous!

I don't see why you couldn't use them on your eyelids - beautiful eye glosses. LMdB has such nicely formulated products, there's probably no ingredient that would irritate your lids (unless a dye). I need to read the ingredients on the box for you, but it's still too dark outside, and the light in this room is dim.

SheilaT said...

Thank you just got it love it love it! Do they have a lot because I think I need another! Will this be permanent? I am in love!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi SheilaT!

It's very limited. Extremely limited and definitely not permanent at this time.