Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Silk Aether Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadow

My personal soap opera continues...love at first sight, obsession, pursuit, possession - love turned to lust for everything Rouge Bunny Rouge. This morning I featured Original Skin Blush for Love of Roses. Now I'd like to show you Silk Aether Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadow ($40.32). I purchased Velvet Fritillary from Zuneta. If you don't know the online boutique, please read this morning's feature. Knowing Zuneta is like having a door pass to an exclusive club.

I was placing my first Rouge Bunny Rouge order, sight unseen, and trusting my instincts to select products and colors I would like. Since I adore cream eye shadows, Silk Aether Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadow, with a wand applicator, was a natural. It's available in five shades. The one that fascinated me the most was Velvet Fritillary, described online (and perfectly) as a satin wash of greyish khaki with golden reflections, buildable to a darker, more opaque, metallic hue of the same shade. I love grey, and I love khaki, so it jumped right into my shopping cart during my e-mail conversations with the team at Zuneta.

Since I love the way Rouge Bunny Rouge is described at Zuneta, I have to share this enchanting description of Silk Aether Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadow.

Deep inside one of the Enchanted Garden’s dense jungles, surrounded by a thick and leafy rain forest, lies the Butterfly Makers Workshop. As the hot, monsoon rains drum down upon its roof, inside there is serene calm, as hundreds of the most skillful tailors labor lovingly over exquisitely fine fabrics, cutting and moulding them with a precision that only a select few can ever manage to attain. Rolls of light and airy chiffon, luxuriant velvet, delicate white batiste, and sparkling brocade are cut, smoothed, and shaped by the expert fingers of the craftsmen. A tailor will close his eyes, and, fabric in hand, imagine on a mental canvas the image of a perfect, elegant butterfly. After many hours of work, the outline of smooth wings becomes apparent, absent of the smallest crinkle. It is said that some of the butterflies are so perfect that they burst forth from the fingers of the tailors. Acquiring a life of their own, they mingle with the light and fly away into the rain forest, gently flapping their smooth, silky wings.

We were inspired by these very butterflies that sprung to life, to bring you Silk Aether Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadow. Our utmost Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadows caress your skin with the ease of a butterfly wing beat, so that your lids appear smooth and renewed, while coated with a semi-matte, slightly luminous color. It’s an irresistible combination of exceptionally long-wear, a non-crease formula, and smudge-proof texture. Our comfortable wand includes a light, velvet, creamy formula for silky gliding. Easy application is achieved by innovative silicon waxes and gels, in combination with beeswax. Rouge Bunny Rouge added para cress flower extract to stimulate natural skin-lifting capabilities and coffee extract to increase collagen and elastin production while also enhancing the natural skin defenses.

How could I resist? An enchanted garden, butterflies, whimsy, airy chiffon, and skin-enhancing color will get my attention any day! When my shadow came, it was love at first sight. I loved the packaging, the tube, and the color of Velvet Fritillary. I'm fairly sure that one or two of the additional colors will populate my third order.

My photo above right shows the box, tube, and wand. My photo at left shows a close-up of the applicator, which should give you a pretty good idea of the Velvet Fritillary shade on the wand. It intrigued me the second I opened it. I could see the subtle greyed khaki, just as promised, and I couldn't wait to get it on my skin! I was applying eye shadow long after my "public day" had ended.

My swatch photos show Velvet Fritillary in two ways. They were taken in outdoor sunlight. In the photo below right, the shadow was applied directly from the wand to my arm to show you the unblended color.

Look at its complexity! It's a greyed khaki, as promised, with golden tones, but words cannot describe its elegance. The photo below left shows the same swatch smudged lightly with my finger. Had I wanted to tone it down even more, I could have used any synthetic brush I have or Rouge Bunny Rouge's Large Shader (003) or Mini Shader (005) Brush - or my finger - to even the application of the cream shadow. Can I gush? Isn't this shade exquisite? What khaki or neutral lover wouldn't want it? Even gold enthusiasts will covet it.

All Silk Aether Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadows can be worn in two ways - as a satin wash of color with a one-layer application (my personal style) or a stronger application for more oomph. The shadow is so easily blended, you can achieve any look you desire.

Of course, there's a Product Application Guide at Zuneta. Their swatch photo at the beginning of the clip makes Velvet Fritillary look way more green (and honestly less interesting) than it really is. It's possible it's just my computer display, though, since all displays portray colors differently. The soft jazz that accompanies the demonstration is relaxing, making the experience of purchasing a treat, even if I can't look like that young model.

As I mentioned this morning, Zuneta's customer service, helping me (or you) select colors online is superlative. The shipping from the U.K. is free to U.S. customers who order enough. I didn't have any trouble achieving the free shipping level. I did it twice, and I'm sure to do it a third time soon! There's more Rouge Bunny Rouge to come here at Best Things in Beauty.

You can find the Rouge Bunny Rouge Web site at this link. They have a Facebook page here. Head over to Zuneta to browse and order. You must.

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; all other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks divine! I wish I could enlarge the pic to show the complexity. It looks incredible!

Charlestongirl said...

You can! Just click on it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have a question for you that is unrelated to this post (sorry!)...I have been reading past Chantecaille posts to help me with my massive shopping cart :) and thought I would get your input! I am questioning my "need" for the St. Barth's bronzer. I have bronzers from Edward Bess, New Dior Aurora, Guerlain blonde, and Becca. How "special" do you think St. Barth's is? Of course I do realize one "collector" is asking another!!!!

Stacy

Style de Nude said...

This color is gorgeous! It is like a khaki gold, my favorite! Would this work with powder shadows or better alone?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Stacy,

If you are looking for a bronzer that is perfect for very light skin, more a dark peachy/golden tone, you need St. Barth's. Do you have a counter where you can look?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi ProductDoctor!

It works well with powders over it. I haven't tried powders under it - not sure that would work.

Anonymous said...

Charlestongirl, I do have a Chantecaille counter (NM) but they don't have the St. Barth's collection in yet! Patience is not my virtue! Thanks for the lovely description! I am thinking......
Stacy

btw the Rouge Bunny Rouge line is calling my name...

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

I'm debating between this and GA ETK in khaki. Both look awesome and I need more RBR in my life - great post!

Charlestongirl said...

Stacy,

The product seems to be dribbling into the stores. My NM has the testers, but not most of the products. They expect them this week. It will show up soon for your consideration.

Ask the counter to give you a call when the products arrive. I'm sure they would be pleased to do that.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Hopelessly Devoted,

You know I'm one of the biggest fans of Armani on earth, but in this instance, I'd have to recommend the RBR khaki. It's less flashy, and, therefore, more versatile.

I hope the Armani gods don't hunt me down for that.

Unknown said...

The pics don't really get any larger for me when I click on them :-( Oh well. Looks darn puurty anyways!!

Charlestongirl said...

That's strange. They enlarge for me. Using Firefox here...or iPad.

lovethescents said...

Oooh, sounds wonderful. I do have some trouble with cream shadow application. My new Guerlain Ombre Fusion in Bahia looks streaky. I've tried to apply it with the wand, my finger, my BB cream shadow brush, always streaky! For that reason, I hesitate.....

Unknown said...

That is such a beautiful colour. I love the RBR cream eyeshadow I have and I believe there's room for more in my collection!