Friday, June 24, 2011

The Friday Forum - June 25

Some Fridays bring a sense of relief and an expectation for relaxation! I'd like to follow this cool cat out to an easy chair, hat in hand, but with the book he's missing. I haven't started reading any new books lately (and they are stacking up). There hasn't been enough time in the day to get hooked on another leisure-time activity! I'm not working today; maybe a book is in my near future. I'd love to escape into a well-written novel.

What a crazy week! Two stunning fall collections arrived - Bobbi Brown and Chanel - and I've had fun playing with them. I've also been sniffing my way through several new fragrances; I hope to tell you about them soon. Every time I'm ready to share my latest skin-care finds, a makeup collection intervenes. Next week - I promise. I'll also continue my Chanel series later today. What did you purchase from Chanel Fall 2011? What are you considering?

We had so much fun this week with the Fresh team! If you haven't followed @Jawn_Fresh and @Alyson_Fresh on Twitter yet, now's the time. You will want to keep up with these talented (and fun) folks for the latest happenings at Fresh. Jawn told me about the newest products in the pipeline. We are going to love them.

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most (not all) readers have moved on.

Don't forget to enter the Juicy Tubes Sparkling Pinks giveaway contest. The deadline is tomorrow, June 25, at midnight. It's a cute set, and I'm sure the winner will enjoy the variety flattering pinks.

I forget where I found the photo - apologies to the photographer

9 comments:

lovethescents said...

This has been a wonderful week for me, in terms of makeup. Got a gorgeous haul from a friend, including LMdB's Penelope, two stunning Armani glosses, and Ken's Korals. I can't tell you how beautiful Ken's polish is...excellent and easy application, hopefully won't chip easily. We'll see. I do have a rant, though. I bought a Nubar polish and it chipped in less than 24hours! Why do I even bother?

Someone in France is picking up Dior's Le Jungle palette for me. Irrisistible! Also, that beautiful Camel polish. Have never tried a Dior polish so hopefully it's quality....can't say the same for Chanel.

On the fragrance front, got a bottle of Tauer's Zeta (double yay!), from a generous friend; also bought a bottle of l'Artisan's Mon Numero 1. If this postal strike ever ends, I'll get my Numero 1. CANNOT wait to try it. It's a blind buy but I couldn't resist the pear/mimosa.

Have a great weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

It's hard for me to believe it's 2:40 already. I feel like the only thing I accomplished so far today is blogging. I've got to get faster. Plus, I have to figure out what I'm wearing to the fundraising party tonight.

One of us will have to shop for you when the Nordstrom exclusive LMdB shades come out for Anniversary. Do you have Nordies up north?

So glad you like Zeta. Do you smell the multiple personality I detected? At first blush, an ode to Linden blossoms. Later, it fades to the trunk and roots - the woods overtaking the floral freshness. Wish it has been simpler (for my simple tastes).

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Lisa S. said...

If you ever find yourself with the time to read, I highly recommend The Help. I loved it and hear the movie version will be out in August. I have not had much time for reading either, but have a list of books I hope to get to this summer.

I know I'm very late to the party on this one, but I bought Stila's Kitten eyeshadow this week and love the color!

Have a great weekend. Stella sends her best to Charlie and Savannah!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa - wow, I've never heard of The Help, but will now look for it, based on your recommendation. Thanks!

Eileen said...

This has been an incredible week of Chanel. Gorgeous pictures of beauiful products and glowing reviews abound. I imagine Chanel is very pleased with itself and so it should be. Although I only purchased three items (so far!), I must say that I find the whole collection brilliant in conception and execution. What a pair of color geniuses are Philips and Lagerfeld! The color scheme comes from the earth, but is not earthy in the traditional sense of warm, golden tones. These are the colors of rock and minerals. Now that I've actually seen the products, I can better appreciate the edgy setting that Lagerfeld used for the presentation of the clothing collection. It all makes perfect sense.

I'm sure we were all pleasantly surprised to see Café Makeup open for business again. Amy has been sorely missed, not just for the upscale product reviews, but for the charming demeanor she brings to her blog. If Amy doesn't have the time to post as frequently as in the past, that's OK by me. I'm happy with whatever she has time to do.

Now to you, Charlestongirl. Whatever would we do if we lost you? Your energy and positive attitude, your warmth and wit, your love of mother earth and "all creatures great and small" really sets you apart. I hope you know how valued and appreciated you are, not just as a blogger, but as a friend.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I am thrilled with Amy's return. We had talked at some length after she took her break, and I was afraid it would take a lot longer for us to see her return. Maybe we have Chanel to thank! :)

I really appreciate your sweet message. This labor of love isn't just a love for beauty products. It's a love for readers like you who are my friends. I want to meet each and every one of you!

Just finished getting photos of more Chanel. What an amazing collection! Now, though, I am pinned to my computer chair. A certain Bengal has decided to sit on me, purr, and shed. His time on the porch told his fur it was time to get light, I guess. Anyhow, Peter Philips has given new life to Chanel - and the rest of the intros to come between now and holiday are also exciting.

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I got a laugh out of Charlie contentedly shedding all over you. But you haven't experienced anything until you've experienced three huskies "blowing" their winter coats. That's when all that magnificent wooley undercoat sheds. So far, I've combed out enough of the stuff to make three more dogs!

Charlestongirl said...

You cracked me up, Eileen! If anyone could have heard me just now, they would have been sure I was losing it. That's an expression I have used for years, "I could make another cat."

I used to roll up all the fur into fur balls and occasionally toss them back at their original owners. They were not impressed.

I can only imagine the amount of fur three huskies can shed!

lovethescents said...

Hi Charlestongirl! No we don't have Nordies here. No NM,either. Our chains don't exist in the US...

The idea of a personal shopper is so tempting :-) I need more American friends.

I love Zeta. I get slight, soft woods in the base. No trunk, no roots, no pencil shavings, no mossiness (thankfully as I'm not a big chypre girl). It's very light for a Tauer, which suits me just fine! Loooooove it :-)