Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chantecaille Biodynamic Lifting Serum

Chantecaille's Biodynamic Lifting Serum ($210) has arrived! I have been waiting for this new addition to the Biodynamic Lifting line since Alex Chantecaille described this new serum to me early last December. She gave me an advance "snapshot" of the Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream, which I now love, and the Biodynamic Lifting Serum. Alex told me about the ingredients of the neck cream and how the serum would share its technology, but with greater concentrations. I bought the neck cream, which I use regularly, and now I have the new serum.

It's too early for me to tell you about the serum's effectiveness. I don't look 10 years younger since Tuesday. I can tell you about the ingredients I'm sure the neck cream and serum share.
  • Raspberry stem cells for anti-inflammatory properties and DNA repair, using special technology to make sure all the extract is absorbed into the skin.
  • Marsh samphire, a succulent salt-tolerant herbaceous plant that grows in salt marshes and on beaches - the plant grows in a harsh environment and provides its unique self-protective capabilities to the skin
  • A hexapeptide for anti-aging properties, one that encourages deep muscle relaxation for a lineless look
Here is what Chantecaille says about the new serum and how it works. The ingredient list reads like a who's who of the plant world. The serum is 88% botanical! It's also paraben-free.

Aging is about the degeneration of collagen. Chantecaille’s Biodynamic Lifting Serum is the newest, most potent collagen builder and collagen protector. Collagen is essential. It lifts, builds density, and smoothes wrinkles. Raspberry stem cells are a fierce collagen protector. They are extremely rich in potent antioxidants and GADD 45, the gene of longevity that repairs DNA damage.

There is a long list of additional active ingredients. Using Chantecaille's information, I'll summarize them for you.

A new BioNymph Tripeptide is the first peptide from a living plant to stimulate collagen renewal. This tripeptide is said to activate DNA repair and reduce DNA fragmentation by 57%. Clinical tests have shown a 25% reduction in crow's feet after 30 days of use (on humans).

A new "Age-Controlling Compex," liposomes of carnosine and lemon balm prevent glycation (remember, sugar is bad for skin cells) and enhance the anti-inflammatory properties of the BioNymph Peptide. Clinical tests showed a significant improvement in firmness and smoothness after four weeks of use.

Intense hydration - immediate and long term - come from hyaluronic acid, marsh samphire extract, and imperata cylindrica extract. Hyaluronic acid helps create a moisture reserve in the skin (nature's sponge) and tighten cellular cohesion, reducing moisture loss from the skin's barrier. Clinical tests showed that 91% of test subjects exhibited more hydrated skin, and 66% experienced a reduction/smoothing of fine lines.

Imperata cylindrica extract leads to intense and long-lasting skin hydration - by 60% immediately, 50% after six hours, and 20% after 24 hours. Marsh samphire extract reduces epidermal water loss by 25%. In vivo tests have shown that moisture levels increased by a factor of six.

As if that weren't enough, the serum restores brightness and skin clarity with panax ginseng extract, which removes toxins and puffiness through better oxygenation. White tea extract is also in the mix. The antioxidant clarifies skin. The EGCG compounds found in high concentrations in white tea stimulate the skin to retain moisture and protect against inflammation.

Chantecaille believes this innovative lifting serum is a major wrinkle fighter - and they are normally right in their conservative claims. The company says the rare, powerful, and patented active ingredients in the serum - which harnesses nature and technology - deliver visible results, minimizing the appearance of lines and maximizing skin tightness and density. The serum will boost the effectiveness of the other products in the Biodynamic Lifting line, which is excellent for all skin types, but particularly great for us dry types.

I have applied Biodynamic Lifting Serum morning and night since it arrived. It has a fabulous, light rosewater scent and lightweight feel on the skin. It absorbs quickly and evenly. The container is small at an ounce (give or take a fraction), and I fear I will use too much of this lovely serum too fast. My skin slurps the first product I apply after cleansing. I always have that problem with expensive serums. Not sure how I'm going to feed all my recent habits.

The serum is dispensed through a medicine bottle-like dropper. Just squeeze the bulb at the top to draw the serum into the "syringe." I squirt it into my palm and apply it to my face from there. Chantecaille advises to use it morning and night, which I have been doing.

I will definitely come back to the serum in a month and let you know how it performed. For now, I'm excited to be one of Chantecaille's early adapters. I love the combination of botanical and technology-driven ingredients, and I believe I'll adore this serum as much as I adore the rest of the Biodynamic Lifting products.

I bought mine online at Chantecaille's Web site. As of early yesterday, it had not yet arrived at Neiman Marcus, but was expected soon.

Photo courtesy of Chantecaille

12 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I have to say, you and your blog were the catalyst to my Chantecaille obsession (which is a good thing!) It is the brand I am most interested in these days, partly because I am fairly unfamiliar to the line. I really love your reviews, and have been enjoying the featured Chantecaille products lately.

Quick question - have you ever used any of their foundations? I am thinking of purchasing Future Skin. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kate

P.S. You recently posted a pic of yourself (I can't remember the post), and you were seated with a black top on with a gentleman standing next to you. I just wanted to tell you how lovely you looked in that pic!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate and thank you. I'm responsible for a few Chantecaille obsessions, and I am right in there with all of you!

I have used Future Skin and like it. It was only in-store. I don't have a container all to myself. Wish I did! Foundation is one thing I try not to buy too much of because there are only so many one can wear in a week. Even though I try, I have a bunch. That said, I have been thinking about buying Future Skin ever since Eddie used it on me last weekend. The alabaster shade was soooo nice!

Thanks for the photo compliment. Kathy Shoreman took that picture. She was just the right distance from me to make me comfy. :) I hate photos of myself! They show all my flaws - and I have a bunch of them.

Eileen said...

Hi Kate,

I have Future Skin in Alabaster and like it a lot for a casual daytime look when coverage is not the top priority. It blends out evenly and leaves the skin with a satin matte glow. It is a gel, so the texture is feather light and is very comfortable to wear. It offers versitile medium coverage which can be sheered out or built up a bit. If, however, you've got a number of flaws to conceal, then Future Skin is definitely not for you. This is for the woman who takes good care of her complexion and just wants enough coverage to unify her skin tone while providing a smooth base for blusher, bronzer, etc. I have dry, mature skin and find that Future Skin lasts the day without settling into my nooks and cranies. I do set it with a very light dusting of finishing powder.

The one gripe I have is that it comes in a jar and all you germaphobes out there know what that means. To keep the product as clean as possible, I transfer a small portion at a time to a much smaller container and I work from that. I also clean my foundation brush daily.

All considered, it's very nice, but not great. I hope this helps a bit.

Charlestongirl said...

Another reason, Eileen reminded me, a jar takes up more space on my bathroom counter than my pump-top Armani foundations. I really adore pump-top foundation containers.

Laetitia said...

Thanks for updating us Chantecaille fans about this fabulous serum. I've been sampling it, and I really like it. The scent, like all the Biodynamic products, is incredible. I was surprised, given the cost of the cream ($295), that Chantecaille didn't price the serum in the $300 range. Oh well, summer surprise I guess! I'll be buying two instead of one I guess.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Laetitia,

I was thing the price might discourage some. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those newly obsessed Chantecaille converts thanks to you too! I don't even look at MAC anymore. I got some samples of some of the skincare recently and now I want to get it all!! So divine! This serum sounds like something I've been looking for. I hope I can find it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Tracy, join the Chantecaille Club - not exclusive, but we all share a passion!

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering what your final thoughts are on Chantecaille's bio-dynamic lifting serum and if you are still using it.

By the way, I really enjoy reading your daily blog.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks! I LOVE it and purchased my second bottle so I don't run out. That counts for a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

I use future skin..love it
The tinted mousuriser didn't have enough coverage for me
I use the vanilla biolift conciliator alone as we'll its a perfect cover up for me.
I use the daily moisureises, the lilly/jasmine mask, the eye makeup remover, the rice/geranium cleanser, the rose water spray.

Have yet to get into the colors....watch out. Love it!!!
Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

I'm completely new to this product, and am really interested in buying the lifting serum. However, I mainly want collagen rebuilding in my lips, but the eye and smile area could use some attention nowadays. Also, if it isn't used for lips, can one of you wonderful ladies recommend one?
Thank you!!