Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit

Run, don't walk (and please don't trip and fall) to Bergdorf Goodman to get your hands (and lips) on the new Le Métier de Beauté Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit ($95)! It is drop-dead gorgeous, and every Le Métier de Beauté fan is going to want one. Since the availability is very limited and it's exclusive to Bergdorf Goodman, give the counter a call if you are not near New York. Their phone is (212) 872-8612.

Dusk on the Mediterranean, the sun’s lucent rays falling into the sea below. As the ocean collides with the picturesque beach, the rich colors of the sun and sea spray the horizon with lush tones of coral, gold, lavender, and opal. Introducing Écumes D’or, a new, limited-edition, summer Kaleidoscope Lip Kit from Le Métier de Beauté - the essence of this fleeting moment.

Le Métier de Beauté’s Écumes D’or captures the lush colors of the Mediterranean horizon, creating the perfect warm, nude lip. Using Le Métier de Beauté’s exclusive Couches de Colour application technique, layer the four shades to create a look that's all your own. Or use them individually, paired any way that pleases you, or layer three of them instead of four. Whichever way you choose to apply the shades, you are going to have happy and stunning lips.

The four shades, presented top to bottom in the Kaleidoscope, are:
  • Soft Dew – a nude highlight,
  • Morning Light – a golden layer of warmth,
  • Deep Sea – a feminine lavender for contrast, and
  • Calm Phoenix – a rich, berry base.
These are elegant, glowing, subtly shimmering shades. I have never seen a better kit for creating a nude lip - one that has just enough color to enliven your face, but not so much that you will lead with your lips. The shades are as perfect as it gets.

Le Métier de Beauté's photo is at the top of this feature. The other photos are mine. The one above right shows the top two shades in the Kaleidoscope, while the one at left shows the bottom two, with a bonus of another photo of Soft Dew. When I saw Deep Sea and Calm Phoenix, swiveling out of the compact, I wanted to do cartwheels (my body asked me to reconsider). When I applied them on my lips, I recognized a new love. Thank you, Le Métier de Beauté! You made my week!

Here are some swatch photos for you. They were taken in full sun, so remember, please, that my pale arm reflects sun extremely well. I took photos at different angles to try to get you decent swatch photos of these sheer, beautiful shades. They are swatched in the same order, top to bottom, in which they are presented in the Kaleidoscope.

At the top is Soft Dew, a light, almost clear, nude-pink (on my skin). Can you see its fluid look on my skin? It's the Mediterranean translated from water to lip color! The next one down is Morning Light, a gorgeous gold - one that you will use with the Kaleidoscope shades and over so many lipsticks you already own. Next is the lavender-plum Deep Sea, a shade that makes my heart skip a beat, just like Uma Paro does. These light plum shades look really good with my coloring - and on most gals. They are extremely popular. At the bottom, Calm Phoenix, is the most colorful of the sheer colors - a warm berry shade that's unique. In the compact, it displays a hint of coral. On my lips, it's more of a sheer strawberry shade.

I've been playing since UPS arrived, applying one shade, then another, then another, using the Couches de Colour technique Dustin Lujan taught me. To meet Dustin is to love him. I often think I'm his biggest groupie until I find out that hundreds (thousands?) of other women are sure they carry the only backstage pass to see him when he visits their Le Métier de Beauté counter. He makes all of us feel special, and his new creation, this exquisite Kaleidoscope, will make you feel special even if you've never met him.

The lip colors
are light, luminous, translucent, and flattering. I can't imagine a prettier combination - one reason why Le Métier de Beauté is one of the most desirable and beloved beauty lines among women who "know." I rushed this feature into print so that you, my readers, will be among the first to order this Kaleidoscope.

I am sure that those who procrastinate are going to be disappointed. Écumes D’or is going to sell out, and when they are gone, they will be gone. I usually call sell-outs correctly. Order your Le Métier de Beauté Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit now! I will get "more intense" swatches as soon as I can, but don't wait.

Le Métier de Beauté's Écumes D’or Kaleidoscope Lip Kit is available only at Bergdorf Goodman.

Update 6/15: I got some more intense photos in my office this morning, so watch for Part 2 of Dustin's dreamy Kaleidoscope later today!

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty; Kaleidoscope sent by Le Métier de Beauté (I ordered one too)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I adore all my eye kaleidoscopes but have never tried any lip ones ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PerilouslyPale!

This one is sheer perfection. Brilliant! With your lovely, fair coloring, you need it.

makeup merriment said...

I can't wait until mine arrives- I'm not really a lip palette girl but this was so tempting. Thanks for the photos =)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeup Merriment!

I said on Twitter than I think the LMdB folks are Makeup Mensas. I really means that. This Kaleidoscope is AMAZING.

Eileen said...

The setting sun's play of light creating a kaléidoscope of color as the surf hits the beach--what a lovely inspiration for a beautiful set of lip colors! Now this is the type of nude lip I can embrace. These are sure to enhance a variety of lip tones with a sheer tint of luminous color. It looks like LMdB has another hit.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, you will adore this Kaleidoscope. I hope you will order one. I would love to read your reactions. These shades are going to look fabulous on you - I just know.

fgirl said...

Those are so pretty! I still want Penelope. Thank you for the gorgeous swatches.

lovethescents said...

Beautiful swatches of a stunning palette. Le Metier is quite possibly the sexiest line out there...or at least the sexiest du jour :-)

Anonymous said...

Sigh... I wish we had this LMdB up in Canada! My hubby bought me 2 eye kaleidoscopes when travelling for work and I adore them! This and Chantecaille are my fave brands now thanks to you! So, thank you! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi fgirl, Lovethescents, and Tracy!

Better swatches just posted today - they are more saturated.

I love the Kaleidoscopes. I'm glad you do too. We've got to find out how our LMdB friends can make it more convenient for Canadian beauty lovers to purchase!

Someone wrote that Neiman Marcus offers free shipping to Canada for online purchases. True?

lovethescents said...

Sadly, Charlestongirl, that isn't true. Neiman Marcus does not ship for free. Just did a retest on a $10 Le Metier polish. Total is $53.87. Deliver & processing total first time is $35.50. $10 for Air Restricted content. Then Delivery and processing total again $25.50. A few extra taxes and voila. Cri-mi-nal.