natural. It’s ultra-comfortable, hydrating, and offers medium-to-full coverage for up to 12 hours.
A long-wear foundation with a natural-looking finish had been at the top of Bobbi’s wish list for a long time. To bring this vision to life, she and her team tested over 10 different versions of the formula to strike the perfect balance of film former, pigment levels, and emollients, which moisturize and keep the skin looking fresh. After tweaking the ingredient levels for months, they hit on the perfect balance of finish and wear and came up with a formula that provides flawless, natural coverage from morning to night.
Treated pigments in the formula are suspended in an emollient gel, creating a silky and lightweight texture that looks completely natural and stays color-true. The perfect ratio of emollients blended with a film former sets this long-wear formula apart, giving it a lightweight, unique texture, so that skin looks and feels like skin for a full 12 hours - without ever feeling dry or taut. A “soft-focus” effect evens the skin tone and provides an immediate reduction in the appearance of lines, wrinkles and pores.
Glycerin and shea butter keep skin feeling hydrated throughout the day. To protect skin against future damage, the formula contains broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 and antioxidant vitamins C and E. The coverage is breathable, flexible, and truly compatible with our skin.
Proof that it's long-wearing, has a natural finish, and is hydrating, with superb test statistics...
- 95% reported that it looks fresh and flawless all day
- 90% found that it stays color-true from morning to night and found it doesn’t change color
- 92% thought that it looks natural
- 79% found that it minimizes the appearance of pores
- 84% described a lightweight feel upon application
- 80% reported that it left skin feeling moisturized throughout the day
- 90% found that it absorbed oil and helped control shine
- 86% described a comfortable feel on skin upon application
- 90% found that it feels fresh all day
There is an explosion of fabulous new foundations. I have two to show you, will try this one very soon, and am waiting eagerly to get my hands on Giorgio Armani's new Maestro, a water-free foundation that I think was made for me. What am I going to do? Alternate foundations by day?
Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown