Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne

The scent of innocence. Childhood memories of blackberry picking, with stained lips and sticky palms. A burst of deep, tart blackberry juice and sparkling grapefruit, blended with the herbal freshness of just-gathered bay. Softened with delicate flowers, resting on a brambly base of vetiver and cedarwood.

Jo Malone's new Blackberry & Bay Cologne ($60 or $110) is vibrant and verdant. An initial burst of sweet, fresh, juicy berries is tempered by the citrus and bay, yielding a lovely, balanced treat. Once Blackberry & Bay dries down, the vetiver keeps it fresh, while the cedarwood grounds it with the lingering memories of the afternoon. 

I was lucky to be able to purchase Blackberry & Bay early, and I'm thrilled with it. I think it's going to be a top seller. The new fragrance will be available in September. You can pre-order it at Nordstrom's Web site, where it is estimated to ship on August 31.

Jo Malone London suggests wearing this luscious fragrance solo or spritzed with Lime Basil & Mandarine for added vibrancy and a peppery citrus zest. Or layer it with Nectarine Blossom & Honey for a sweetness underlaid with a green, herbaceous edge. I like mine straight up - exactly the way it sprays from the bottle.

Not only will Blackberry & Bay be available in Cologne, you'll also be able to purchase Body & Hand Wash ($50), Body Creme ($75), and a Candle ($65). I think you're going to like this one as much as I do, so you may be tempted to surround yourself with the fragrance.

Blackberry & Bay will be available at Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, and online. In Canada, you'll be able to find it at Holt Renfrew.

Photos courtesy of Jo Malone London

7 comments:

sunnlitt said...

Charleston Girl,
Thanks for the info about this scent--it sounds as though it could be lovely, with the bay calming the sweetness of the berry.

DRTVrMoi said...

Prior to reading your post, I'd rather given up on Jo Malone London. Since Jo is no longer involved in the brand, I've been hoarding my dollars for the much anticipated arrival (in my dreams) of Jo Loves. I love the smell of bay and usually only find it in a good stew or soup. I am very intrigued by it and the dry down to vetiver. When JM sold vetiver, I was devoted to the scent. I will definitely be looking to sample this scent. Thank you for the heads up.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sunnlitt!

I adore it. See what you think when it hits the counters.

Charlestongirl said...

Have any friends in London, DRTVMoi? That's how I get my Jo Loves. They are exquisite!

Kelly said...

I love your blog.
You share so much great makeup with us. Thanks. :)
I adore this item...

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

I saw this today on their website, I received a sample when I placed a previous order.

Just one niggle. It's not released in the body and hand lotion. I'd have liked the body wash and body lotion.