Pfew, that's pretty stunning language for a collection that looks disjointed to me. Let's dissect this collection as presented in The Book (there's more to it, but I'm equally unmoved by the rest of the collection).
Here are the items, lest I get carried away and forget them. The "sexy" names actually turn me off. I'm so over Tom Ford's ideas about sexy.
- Extreme Mascara in Raven (snooze) ($42)
- Nail Lacquer in Dominatrix (I find the name a turn-off; the color lies on a well-worn path) ($30)
- Lip Color in Aphrodisiac (bold pink - not unique this fall) ($48)
- Limited-edition Lip & Cheek Stain in Tainted Love (OK, this looks interesting; I'd like to see it in person) ($48)
- Eye Color Quad in Emerald Lust (did someone say spring?) ($75)
I'm sorry, Mr. Ford. In my humble opinion, this one is a big miss. Including black mascara, a staple, in a color collection is a cop-out. An intense pink lip color? How original! A blue, aqua, and green quad? I already have eye shadows that will give me the peacock look. It's not on my fall radar. We did these colors last spring.
Have we reached the point at which his name will sell anything? Was he counting on that when he "designed" this collection?
Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus - let's not blame them; they just sell this stuff