Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Beige Clair from the Fleur de Lotus Collection

Chanel's limited-edition Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Beige Clair ($30) is the only item from the Fleur de Lotus Collection that didn't knock my socks off. Beige Clair (#86) is a fabulous liner for the waterline, removing any excess redness with ease, but as an eyeliner to define the eyes, it's too light.

Waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliner delivers long-lasting definition with a twist of the wrist: Color winds up when you need it, winds down when you don't. The gentle, soft, silicone-enriched formula delivers smooth, even lining. A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes.

In general, Chanel's eyliners are top-notch. I love everything about them and am hoarding several from recent collections. This one leaves me cold. You'll see why in my swatch photos below.

Can you see the two beige parallel lines in my swatch photos, which were taken in full sun? Barely there, right? On the waterline, Beige Clair is fabulous. Above my lash line? Useless. It disappears.

I can see the slightly orange-hued beige, but it offers me nothing to define my eyes or draw attention to them. Since I already have several liners that are perfect for removing redness on my waterline (a constant in my contact lens-wearing life), I didn't need another.

If you need a liner for the purpose of covering redness, you will love this one from Chanel. It's soft and easy to apply. It has all the characteristics we love in liners. It simply has no real color. You can find it at Chanel's Web site if you want to experiment like I did.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I still haven't jumped on the beige/white-eyeliner-on-the-waterline-to-brighten bandwagon. I would really love to try this eyeliner though--I have pretty darn small eyes that could use the brightening/widening effect of an eyeliner like this. :)

sunnlitt said...

Charleston Girl, what eyeliner would you suggest for removing redness at the lower waterline?
I've always been hesitant to put product so close to surface of my eye, but I sure could use some help to disguise the pink that seems more apparent with age(curses!!!).
Do you use something matte or something with a sheen?
Thanks for any help.

memoiselle said...

This looks very versatile looking eyeliner. This surely will widen the look without giving too much attention that we are wearing an eyeliner in the inner corner :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca!

Try it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sunnlitt,

You can use any of these beige or champagne liners. Best if they are waterproof.

Charlestongirl said...

True, Memoiselle.

Anonymous said...

It's *supposed to be a waterliner. It's actually one of the holy grail liners that's hyped about on beauty guru blogs and I'm bummed they don't stock in Australia. Count your blessings.