Thursday, August 16, 2012

NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Rue de Rivoli

NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($23) "takes liner to the next level," says the NARS Web site. They may be onto something.

Rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely budge-proof finish. Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking. Deeply dramatic shades named for the most iconic streets in the world.
  • Long-wearing
  • Achieves rich, intense color
  • Twist up delivery and built-in sharpener
I recently purchased Rue de Rivoli, a gorgeous metallic forest green. I ordered it before I learned that green was a Neiman Marcus pick for the "it" color this fall. I'm always in the mood for green.

If you like green as much as I do, you must investigate Rue de Rivoli! Look at this gorgeous metallic forest green - or British racing green. It's a dark green with a suggestion of sage. Does that make sense? I find the color complex, not your usual dark green.

The color is extremely long-lasting on the lid. You will probably have to use an oil-based eye makeup remover at the end of the day.

The pigment applies like a dream. It's creamy and soft. No tugging required. Be careful, though, not to turn the color core up too high above the rim of the pencil. It might break. Even if it does, though, there are excellent sharpening tips on the NARS site.

Sharpening Tips
  • To achieve a soft point, twist up the pencil color to slightly above the height of the sharpener blade.
  • Hold the sharpener still in one hand and gently insert the pencil and turn the pencil clockwise, shaving the edges to a soft point.
  • Repel pencil color so only the sharpened area is exposed.
Just like the new Eyeliner Stylo, this eyeliner is praise-worthy. It's available in 11 shades, meaning there will be at least one that suits your fancy. The reasonable price should entice you to choose two. I'm considering Rue Saint-Honoré now.

Have you tried it? If so, please let us know your color choice(s). If you haven't yet, you can find Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner at the NARS Web site, Nordstrom, and Sephora.

10 comments:

grlnxdor said...

Love that color! It looks totally wearable unlike some greens. I need to check out the other colors, too. Nars does it again!

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
What a lovely, lovely color!I adore this green particularly!
Yes Brittany is a fantastic place, I love it very much!
Hi Eileen,
I am glad you enjoyed Brittany, it's one of my favorite places in France and we could (almost)have met:-) isn't funny?...but you were there before me

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grlnxdor!

That color is wearable - as you see, unlike some greens that scream.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

Can you buy NARS there? You'd look great in Rue de Rivoli!

Annie M said...

Greetings Charlestongirl!

Thanks for showing me this new shade; looks like this is right up my alley. I already have 3 (Abbey Road, St. Marks Place, and Madison Ave). Great colors but the sharpener is not my friend. It does take a bit of practice.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I really like this shade--it is very different from all the olive and khaki liners I've seen. I'm just worried about the staying power on my small, oily lids

Dlori said...

I have a few of these colors, including this green and they are truly beautiful. This color would look absolutely gorgeous on you. I can possibly see it as a little highlighter accent to the chantecaille fall elephant palette, along with the bronze gel liner, the limited edition liner that goes with the fall edition. This color is perfect for your skin color and eye color. I also have the brown, black, campo (yellowish) and the St Marks, one of the purples. But as usual, I did the idiotic thing by attempting to sharpen the pencil damaging the pencil. When I brought it back to sephora, they were so nice and exchanged them for me for another, explaining the pencils do not need to be sharpened, just rolled up from the bottom. I'm such an idiot. Leave it to me to make something so easy, hard. These purchases were another splurge based on your blog reviews. You're killing me.

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl! Yes, I can buy NARS in Paris, thank you! or on their website: I prefer Le Bon Marché since I can see and try the products there(and have some advice too) I'm in love with this gorgeous pencil and will make it mine when I go to Paris in September:-)another splurge!....

Mopsy said...

I love my Larger Than Life eyeliner in Madison Ave (and not just because it has me humming Backstreet Boys). The perfect grey and the best texture, not too soft or too hard.

Rue de Rivoli, Campo del Fiori and Via Appia are on my to-buy list.

Christine said...

Larger than life is definitely the best eyeliner I have ever tried. I have very oily lids and these eyeliners hold like magic! Currently my favorite colors are Via appia and st marks place. I also have Via Veneto and Abbey road. Abbey road is a rather bold turquoise but it's amazing on eyes.