Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vincent Longo Lip Stain Lipstick SPF 15 in Cherry

Nordstrom at Tysons Corner Center had just started to assemble its Vincent Longo display. The brand was new to the store. Despite knowing Vincent Longo from days past, I was anxious to see everything. Instead, I saw a sample of what had arrived.

Vincent Longo's Lip Stain Lipstick SPF 15 in Cherry ($23) was lonesome in the display - the only shade of the 15 currently offered. It was an obvious choice to play. Once I skin tested it, I realized it was there for a purpose: to entice me.

Here's how Vincent Longo describes Lip Stain Lipstick with SPF 15.

Our award winning Lip Stain SPF 15 Lipstick delicately tints lips with a glossy coat of sheer color.
  • Contains aloe vera and vitamin E to soften and nourish lip tissue
  • Lightweight, emollient texture clings to lips and won't bleed over the lip line
  • SPF 15 protects lips from UV sun exposure
  • Creates a soft, clean natural finish
  • Hint of a delicate vanilla scent.
  • Perfect for women of all ages
Besides all that, it's a really nice lipstick. I took a few swatch photos in full sun to introduce you to Cherry. It's one of those "me" shades that many of you like too.

Cherry is a sheer rose with a subtle shimmer. It's darker in the tube and on my lips than it is on my arm. The pigment in my lips, added to this color, makes it look like a superb fall rose shade, and because it has that sheer saturation, it's wearable by all.

It feels creamy and hydrating - not like a stain at all. I find its title a little misleading; I don't get a stain look or effect from Longo's Lip Stain. No matter, I think it's a beautiful lipstick. Now I'm anxious to see the rest of the display on my next visit. The Dewdrop Radiant Blush looks downright gorgeous.

If your favorite Nordstrom doesn't stock Vincent Longo in store, you can see the line online. I just made a run through the site and could have spent hundreds. Look out!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Judith DM said...

I have long been a fan of Vincent Longo. When I first shopped the line it was available at Sephora and Barneys. A brilliant makeup/hairstylist friend of mine (from my career long ago, we have remained close friends) had/has complete trust of this line. I still do, having had many items from foundation to slip and eyes, everything. It is good to know it is coming back to stores! I have ordered a few products from his online store, however, unless something is reviewed and swatched or sold from a store such as Sephora or Norstrom, which accepts opened cosmetic returns, I am reluctant to buy online. Wonderful that you liked it, you have impeccable instincts!

Tatiana said...

OMG! I love you! I used to wear VL Water Canvas foundation. Then it got harder and harder to find and finally, I have the crumbs of one compact left, that I'm eking out. Nothing I've tried since matches my skin color (extremely fair) or looks as natural on. To know that I can find this line at Nordies is huge.
I remember the lipsticks as being very comfortable and not drying in the least. Thanks for the heads up! Enjoy your new lippie.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

The Nordstrom closest to me now has a Vincent Longo counter too! I was beyond excited to see it, especially as this particular Nordstrom is quite small and doesn't have carry a lot of brands in it. This Lip Stain Lipstick looks like it was MADE for me!! I love sheer lippies :D

lola seicento said...

What a gorgeous color! I had no idea that Vincent Longo Counters were starting to pop up at select Nordstrom locations-- I thought that it was going to remain online only. What fantastic news!!! Thank you for your fantastic review! A big heartfelt congratulations on making it onto iFabbo's 50 US blogs to watch and learn from. I cannot think of anyone more deserving, Charlestongirl! xx

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Judith!

You're in luck now. Nordstrom takes returns.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tatiana,

I used to wear Water Canvas. It was amazing foundation. Now, you'll be able to get it easily. Yea!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca,

We got two new counters: Longo and Stila. I was thrilled.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Lola! I was surprised - and really happy.

time4beauty said...

So you recommend to try it? What would you advise from the brand?