Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chanel Aqualumière Gloss in Roselin from the Fleur de Lotus Collection

Chanel introduced two limited-edition shades of Aqualumière Lip Gloss ($27) with the Fleur de Lotus Collection. I purchased Roselin (#81), shown above. The other shade, Alizé (#80), can be seen at Chanel's Web site. I think I got the stunner on my first try.

Brush on the exquisite, water-light look of this ingenious lip gloss and discover perfect comfort in a sheer wash of color. Making this a must-have for every lip gloss lover: a mirror-like shine that gives lips a fuller, more sensual look with the precision and ease of the built-in brush applicator.

Everything promised in the marketing blurb is true. Not only that, Roselin offers fabulous color: a glimmering pink with traditional Aqualumière elegance. How could Chanel have planned to keep this gorgeous gloss in the Asian market, depriving us of its magnificence? I'm thrilled it arrived on our shores.

When Roselin arrived (I ordered it sight unseen from Nordstrom.com), I couldn't believe my good fortune. It's one of the prettiest glosses I've bought this summer, and I think I've selected some superior lip glosses. You have to see it! I am so enthusiastic, I sound like I'm making a commission (I'm not, unfortunately).

I took my swatch photos in full sun after applying Roselin with its brush applicator. The brush is a new twist from Chanel. It works beautifully.

Look at the sparkling shine! Look at the mirror-like color! Look at the perfect balance between saturated and sheer! Think I love this glorious pink? Not only does it look good, it feels good, hydrating my lips with a non-sticky finish that lasts a very reasonable amount of time for a lip gloss.

The color is a light pink on my lips, but it's not too light or too "young." It's a stunning pastel pink - one that works, even on me at 60+. It's so lively, I keep looking in the mirror when I wear it. Each time, I think, "You look as good as it gets."

Yes, I have ordered a second Roselin Aqualumière Gloss, and I'm seriously considering a third. It's a limited edition, and now that Chanel is offering the Fleur de Lotus Collection on its Web site, with free shipping, I've been encouraged to hoard my favorite items in the collection. Roselin is a world-class lip gloss. If you like light, gleaming pink, order it. Regrets are the worst.

You can buy yours - or the golden Alizé, which I just ordered - at Chanel's Web site. It appears to be gone-gone at Nordstrom. Fortunately, Chanel threw us a rope.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by a delighted Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

lovethescents said...

Oooh, this is REALLY pretty, indeed. Warmer than my Chanel glossimer, that I adore, in Concubine.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

This one may be too pink for you. I love it, obviously, but your skin is warmer than mine.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

A second and possibly third backup?!? LOL--you're awesome CG! :P

Lisa said...

You have certainly sold me! It's beautiful and I will take your word for it that it's better in person. thank you for your continuing insight.

Snjohnson10 said...

I totally agree with you Charlestongirl! This is one of Chanel's best collection in forever!! I love everything I purchased! The lipgloss is gorgeous and absolutely lovely with your skin tone!
Stacy

abbygal said...

I own plenty of glossimers but have never tried the Aqualumiere gloss. Since its back up worthy, lol, I decided to give it a try :)

Tara @ Glossy Esquire said...

Aqualumiere lipgloss used to be offered as a full line of products available in the US. However, CHANEL discontinued them last year. The formula is too sheer for most American customers. And I can't agree more. It's so sheer that is gives but a hint of color. It also does not wear as well as the Glossmiers. Clearly the line is alive and well in other countries. Sorry to rain on the Aqua Gloss parade. It was available here but no one was actually buying it...for good reason. But if you love it, buy. buy, buy and make friends with people internationally!