Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lancôme Artliner Waterproof Precision Point Eyeliner for Summer 2012

How I love an ultra-thin line at my lashes! Lancôme's Artliner Waterproof Precision Point Eyeliner ($29.50) for Summer 2012 was designed to give me a fine line - as thin as it gets. This liner was introduced in three shades: Gold Passion, Bronze Desire, and Pink Luxe. I selected Gold Passion. I think the color will surprise you, but first...

Emphasize your eyes with this easy-to-handle, liquid pen featuring a uniquely shaped foam tip that lets you line, shape, and define eyes to create any look you like. Rich, deep, luminous pigments offer the most intense, dramatic color you can apply. Glides on smoothly without scratching, tugging, or skipping on the lids and lasts all day.

You can easily use Lancôme Artliner to draw the finest line imaginable. I love the applicator. That drew me to Gold Passion (#103), but the color also captured me.

I took a few swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun. Instead of applying a thin line, I swiped on the liner multiple times to create a large swatch to show you this amazing color. It's a bronze, brown, gold hybrid. It is semi-metallic, but not overly showy at the lash line. It's also waterproof, good for all of you who have trouble with oily lids in the summer.


Is there anyone who can't wear this color? Is there anyone who wouldn't love to have it? Look at how powerful it is! If you are looking for an alternative to black - one with pizazz, this is it.


Lancôme suggests you apply it for a rich, metallic gold or bronze effect. Trace the upper lash line to add a pop to the eye and “break-up” the darkness of the smoky eye or a bright color for a daytime look.

I think this eyeliner was the sleeper of Lancôme's summer collection, and the good news is that it's still available at many Lancôme counters. The summer Artliners were available two days ago at the Lancôme Web site, but today it appears that the weird Pink Luxe is the only color for sale. I'm very curious about the two-day sell-through. Ask at your favorite counter.

Photo at top courtesy of Lancôme; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I LOVE this color and the gorgeous metallic finish! I hadn't heard of this one before, but I am definitely going to go swatch it this weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca, I love this too. Hope you can find it!