Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Wind

The Jouer Lip Glosses ($20) caught my eye recently - at Nordstrom and at Jouer's own Web site. I've got a few to show you, including today's feature, Wind. Wind is new to me, but not one of the new shades of Moisturizing Lip Gloss.

Jouer's irresistibly sheer shades are loaded with vitamins A, C, and E; shea butter; jojoba oil; and pomegranate seed oil to moisturize, soothe, nourish, rejuvenate, and protect for smooth and hydrated lips.

Jouer Lip Glosses are available in a the Jouer signature vial that connects to any Jouer custom palette. I don't connect them to anything, so I'd appreciate a slightly longer top, but that's a small detail. The colors are beautiful.


Wind reminds me of a Creamsicle. It's soft, juicy, and almost the same pastel orange. It's somewhat like a liquid lipstick if it gets hot. I'll warn you: It will melt if exposed to heat - just like a Creamsicle. Open it and the color will pour out. [Note: I've never had that happen with a lip gloss, and I'm wondering if I received a defective one. I've used Jouer glosses before and found them to be high-quality.]

Isn't this color luscious? It's applied heavily on my arm to show the color well. One swipe, and it's much more sheer. Build the color, and this is what you get - an ever-so-slightly shiny pastel that screams summer. That's one reason I wanted to show you the color now.

You can purchase Jouer Moisturizing Lip Glosses at Nordstrom, where I purchased mine, or at the Jouer Web site, where Malibu won a recent face-off with the Hamptons. I'll show you those colors soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Crista said...

I adore Jouer products-have been using them for going on two years. It's great to see the line more readily available now! Did you purchase any items besides glosses?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Crista,

Not this time. I love what I have, including the cream eye shadows, but I only bought glosses.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I've been using Jouer for awhile (along with my faithful addiction to Bobbi Brown). I love the lipglosses and have several, including "Hamptons," which was initially just offered at Trina Turk stores in the Hamptons area, I believe. But it's a GREAT color!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mamaval,

That one I bought once it became available at Jouer. :)