Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Le Métier de Beauté "Vintage Kaleidoscope" Find

It's hard for me to believe it, but there are a few Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope Eye Kits ($95) still available at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. I want you to know because this is one of my personal favorites.

Micheal Reinhardt's Le Métier de Beauté limited-edition Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95) was launched just as the cherry blossoms along the Tidal Basin bloomed. Michael Reinhardt, Le Métier de Beauté manager, artist, and all-around ambassador, works at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, and the Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope was exclusive to his counter. Michael is an industry veteran - one who "knows his stuff" and is an extraordinarily talented makeup artist. He applied my makeup today, using the new Nouvelle Vague Kaleidoscope Eye Kit, and I got compliments everywhere I went in the store.

Michael has a talent for knowing what the "Washington woman" wants to wear. We can't arrive at work looking like a New York fashion model wearing the latest far-out trend or a West Coast hipster. We need sheer, buildable eye colors that work and make us look pretty, while staying within the bounds of office-appropriate. The Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope Michael designed was perfect for us - and most of you too.

If you want to see my my swatches, hop over to this link. As I review those photos today, I don't think they are the greatest. Trust me; this is a fabulous Kaleidoscope.

Once I publish a "vintage find," the find usually sells out quickly, helped along by our love of Le Métier de Beauté. Michael is at work today.  Give him a call at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236, to order.

Stay tuned for more on his application of Nouvelle Vague later. I'm feeling quite glam.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

I called!! Thank you C-girl!!!!!!!!

EllenB said...

Beautiful colors! I can see how his inspiration was a cherry blossom! I am only familiar with the Kaleidoscopes thru your blog and have never seen one in person. I always have wondered what one of these looks like when it's closed up. It is the most unique thing I've ever seen in the makeup world! How clever of them! Just to relieve my curiosity (and maybe other's too), please show a "closed up" pic if you can when you do another review.

I enjoy your reviews and always look forward to seeing what you've found next!

. : * justine * : . said...

I just wanted to say thank you for posting about this find - it will be my first kaleidoscope and I'm very excited!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marley's Mom!

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sure Michael treated you well.

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, they look like little circular compacts, with four obvious pull out drawers and a not-so-obvious mirror at the top. I'll publish a photo soon.

Charlestongirl said...

I'm so glad, Justine!

Unknown said...

Thanks again, CG, for pointing me in the direction of more amazing LMdB goodies (even if I am WAY late to the party)!

I rolled the dice and gave NM @ Mazza Gallerie a call today and I was shocked to learn they still had Cherry Blossom in stock. And while chasing down Silk Road I found out another store had Penelope still in stock! Of course I had to. ;)

I tracked down both Silk Road and Penelope from an amazing LMdB SA in the Las Vegas NM store. I can't remember her name (as it flew out of my head as soon as I asked her for her card in the box she was sending) but she says she prides herself on tracking down oldies. She's great!

Michelle said...

I just called the Mazza Gallerie store today and was shocked when Sherri told me that Cherry Blossom was still in stock. Needless to say I was like, "take my money!" and she is shipping it to me. Happy dance.

Would love it if anyone had any other leads to some of the vintage kits. Thanks!