Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chanel Ligne Graphique de Chanel Liquid Eyeliner Intensity Definition

Chanel's Les Expressions de Chanel Collection was supposed to launch the limited-edition Ligne Graphique de Chanel Liquid Eyeliner Intensity Definition ($34). It didn't. At the time, we were told that the launch has been cancelled. Suddenly, though, it was for sale - at Chanel.com and Chanel counters (Saks Chevy Chase has it).

I ordered one of the three shades: Platine (#20). The others are Noir Noir and Purple. I'm trying to figure out whether I order black or both with my next purchase - if it's still available.

Precise lining and defining are effortless. This new, long-lasting liquid liner offers deep color with extreme shine - and a delicate bristle design allows flawless results.

I am thrilled with everything about Platine. The ultra-thin brush allows me to effortlessly apply a smooth, even, and very thin line at the base of my eyelashes.This liner is extremely budge-proof and long-lasting.

I took my swatch photos in full sun. You can see the brilliance of this silvery shade that has an ever-so-slight pink hue to it (in only some lighting conditions). It's gorgeous on its own. I learned from Georgia at Saks that it's equally stunning when paired with a black liner. Apply your black liner in a very thin line nestled into the base of your lashes. Then apply Platine where you would normally apply a black liner above the base of your lashes.

I could not be more pleased with this fabulous eyeliner. It's one of the best liquid eyeliners I've used.

You can find it at Chanel's Web site and, apparently, Chanel counters everywhere. Even if you purchase basic black, I think you'll love the way it "handles."

Update two days later: I decided to see how long this eyeliner would stay on my arm without scrubbing. It survived showers and after two days, I had to scrub it off to take some swatch photos. That's long-lasting!

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

lovethescents said...

Oh how pretty! This won't suit me at all, I'm certain, even with a nude or gold liner on my waterline but it will look glamorous on so many women!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Go try it. You may be surprised! :)

Unknown said...

I love the color! I usually go with black and brown but this looks amazing.

Rosemary said...

I've seen these in person, and they are gorgeous. I actually like the purple the best. It's a medium to dark shade with a dose of grey in it. Very elegant.

I like the technique Georgia told you about re using the black and then putting another color behind it. I used to do that years and years ago with a Chanel eyeliner in an icy blue.

Eileen said...

Oh, Rosmary, how I smiled when I read what you used to do with blue! Back in the early 60's, Revlon made a gorgeous frosted blue liquid eyeliner. I used to paint on a line along the upper lashes and then nestle some black into the lashline itself; then lots of Maybelline black cake mascara :-)

Virginie said...

I am wowed by this eye liner!!!!!! But $34 man, I don't know if I can bring me down to spend that much for an eye liner!!!! Why oh why??

Rosemary said...

Eileen! I'm glad I brought back a good beauty memory for you! Tomorrow I think I'll "layer" my black eyeliner with Chanel's Bleu Aerien. Why not? :)

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

love. when i stop sniffling- off to Chanel for me- or perhaps i'll order online!