Saturday, December 15, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Lip Envy by Tina West Kaleidoscope Lip Kit

I promised photos of Le Métier de Beauté's new Lip Envy by Tina West Kaleidoscope Lip Kit ($95). Today, I'm keeping that promise.

Designed by Michael Reinhardt, in consultation with Dr. West (well-known for her work in cosmetic dermatology), this Kaleidoscope Lip Kit is a stunner. I was able to get sun-filled photos yesterday. I applied all four shades from top to bottom in the palette in the same order on my arm. I used a sponge-tipped applicator, and it appears my application of the brilliant rose shade at the bottom was uneven (sorry).

I think these shades are perfect. The bronze in the top pull-out pan is sheer and shiny. It has the transparency of a lip gloss. Equally sheer and shiny, the mauve-pink below it is extraordinary. The beautiful warm pink (third down) has more pigment. I'd call it and the sparkling rose below lipstick-like - not opaque, but with enough pigment to add a flash of color to our faces.

I am thrilled with this Lip Kit. Every shade works for me - and I suspect all of us will have that "made-for-me" feeling. Michael designs colors that work - shades that appeal to women who want to look pretty, not those who are looking to make a fashion statement. I appreciate his perspective and his eye for color.

As far as I know, the Lip Envy by Tina West Kaleidoscope is exclusive to Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. Michael ordered enough of them to satisfy the expected demand - at least the immediate demand. If you want to treat yourself to a world-class lip palette, there's one waiting for you at Neiman Marcus Mazza. Just call Michael Reinhardt at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236, to place your order.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Nemo said...

I love these kits. I have to say that LMDB is my favorite makeup brand now. I love that the kits, both eye and lip, are pure creative genius. Each is handmade, beautifully crafted, and each tells a story or has a theme. I love that. It is pure romance. I love my Cherry Blossom eye kit. It would be lovely with this lip kit.

Catherine (@bcrueltyfree) said...

I've always thought their packaging just looks so sleek and beautiful. Thanks for showing this. It's out of my price range, but I can still enjoy admiring photos and swatches :)

Midwestern Mama said...

Lovely! If you could only have one, which would you pick? THis one or Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Lip Kit? I want one, but I can only have one...

Thanks!

BooBooNinja said...

Like Nemo and Catherine, I'm a huge fan of LMdB; however, my experience with the brand is limited to blog posts and photos. CG, are the kaleidoscopes convenient to travel with? I like the concept, but I wonder if they're at all bulky or heavy. Perhaps it's an irrelevant concern, as I haven't read anything negative about the packaging.

Jo said...

This is absolutely stunning. I'm so glad I have one on the way to me. Thanks CG for giving me something to look forward to.

MarciaF said...

I love the Kaleidoscopes and would consider buying this one but I refuse to pay the shipping that they charge especially knowing that they'll probably come out with another gorgeous LE one.

Nemo said...

Lizzy, I'd go with the Lip Envy by Tina West one over the Bauhaus. While similar, The Lip Envy has richer colors by far. As for BooBooNinja, LMDB kits are wonderful for traveling. I can't stand to be without one, so I carry my LMDB eye kit du jour with me in a lovely, small makeup bag, along with a couple of CHANEL eye makeup brushes. I love using them. I love your pic, too. Love kitties.

angusmum1 said...

I have recently found and subscribed to your site. I am really enjoying reading some of your posts as they are so well written, informative and entertaining, to a person who loves beauty, skin, makeup all of it. As I am well into my forties I like being able to find someone who isnt 20 and hasnt considered the concerns of under eye lines, crepiness etc that I am noticing. Overall my skin is in great condition and people are usually surprised at my age. It is difficult living in rural Ontario, Canada as access to many things isnt there or if it is its online and sight unseen. Your site keeps me up to date anyway.

angusmum1 said...

Hi Me again. I was wondering if you are familiar with a Canadian company Lise Watier based from Montreal. I know they now have a US web site for ordering, I think its fairly recently. Anyway they have a lot of beautiful high quality products and seasonal collections. As they are good and I can acceess easily a lot of my products are from there. Lisewatier.com I think, just wondering if you knew of it?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

It would be. Perhaps you can slip it onto your holiday wish list. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Catherine,

Hoping for less stressful financial days for everyone!

Charlestongirl said...

I can't help with that choice, Lizzy, but you might want to purchase the one you can get with free shipping.

Charlestongirl said...

BooBoo,

They are very easy to take along in a beauty kit in luggage.

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, Hope you love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Marcia,

I agree on the shipping. I seldom order products when I have to pay shipping. NM needs to get its act together on items ordered from its stores. Nordstrom is cleaning their clock.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, angusmum1.