Monday, December 3, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Lip Kit

Le Métier de Beauté's Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Lip Kit, exclusive to Neiman Marcus, has arrived ($95). It's even prettier than I had anticipated. I know I've said it before, but this could be the perfect lip kit.

A deviously divine mix of function, flame, and form, Le Métier de Beauté [I fixed their online name error] introduces the newest Holiday Kaleidoscope Lip Kit, "Bauhaus." Each distinctive hue blends together effortlessly for a dimensional pout, mirroring the bold Bauhaus notion of combining unique parts for a collective whole. Lips will be left with a total package, mixing statement and sophistication.

The shades, from top to bottom, are:
  • Linaire - a lustrous gold-infused rose petal,
  • Criterion - a gilded amber-peach,
  • Esthetique - a shimmering vintage rose,
  • Shilhouette [sic] - a Cimmerian cloak of sheer amethyst, with a name that is probably spelled incorrectly.
"Cimmerian" means very dark or gloomy - not an attractive name for a lip color, but in person, it's gorgeous. I pre-ordered Bauahus at the Neiman Marcus Web site, where it was originally advertised as an online exclusive. Not the site says it's available in stores as well. Over the weekend, I learned that Michael Reinhardt had them in store at Mazza Gallerie. I drove right over to ensure I'd have one to show you.

I took the photo directly above with clouds overhead. You can see them in the shiny silver top of the Kaleidoscope. I had all but given up on getting swatch photos when the sun popped out. I applied the shades to my arm, top to bottom in the Kaleidoscope on my arm from top to bottom and dashed outside to get photos.

While the four shades in Bauhaus look intense in the kit, they are all sheer and stunning when applied. I think Bauhaus is exquisite. The light Linaire at the top of my arm is a beautiful shade. Just a smidge on the cool side of warm, it's a pink magnet. I love it.  The nude Criterion, called amber-peach by Le Métier de Beauté, is a pretty nude that leans peach. While it may not set the world on fire, compared to the other three shades, it does provide a warm counterbalance that is perfect for layering.

Steady my heart, the shimmering rose Esthetique is dashing. The color lights up my face, and it's sheerness makes it a go-anywhere shade. The oddly named Shilhouette isn't gloomy at all. I had expected a sheer deep purple. What I got is way better. The shade is a warm pink with a touch of lavender that should please everyone. I want another Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Lip Kit! I suspect I'll use this one so often I'll run out of my favorite shades right around the time this limited-edition beauty becomes the object of a treasure hunt - like so many "vintage" Kaleidoscopes have become.

You can purchase Le Métier de Beauté Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Lip Kit at the Neiman Marcus Web site. Or you can call Michael Reinhardt, who managed to acquire it for his customers in time for his special event this weekend featuring Erin Lockhart. You can reach Michael at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236. He expects to receive the Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Eye Kit in time for Erin's appearance.

Update 12/12: Overnight, I received an e-mail from Neiman Marcus telling me that the Bauhaus Kaleidoscope Lip Kit that I had pre-ordered had been delayed. Remember, it was to be an online exclusive. I have no idea what's what, but I cancelled my order since I was able to purchase one from Michael Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie.

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

tika said...

i want it *__*
nice colooorrr *__*

lovethescents said...

Estetique IS gorgeous. They should do a single in just that one :-)

VancouverChic said...

oooOOOOOOOHHHH WANT IT!!!

Absolutely gorgeous and stunning colors. Thanks so much for the great photos C-Girl!

Joanne, Vancouver, British Columbia

Jo said...

That is gorgeous! So glad I have one on hold for me at my local Neiman's. Thanks for the great preview CG!

Icaria said...

Stunning! Great review.

Gauri said...

I'm fairly new to this blog & I can't stop looking at your pictures! You're such an expert!!

cool ageexperts.net website said...

I love the nude colors though.

Anonymous said...

May I be so bold as to request a makeup storage post? You must have a ton of products in your arsenal and it would be very informative, educational, helpful, and just down right interesting, to see how you are able to organize your stash :0) I absolutely adore your blog and how often you upload information on all the current collections. Please don't ever go away!!!! God bless you and thank you for your blog.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Anonymous,

The unfortunate fact is that my storage "system" is a wreck. What is stored "appropriately" is in those clear plastic shoe box-sized containers with lids. I store by brand.

That's it - except for the large copier boxes that contain things I haven't gotten around to filing. It's pathetic. Sometimes, I can't even find thins I have. Don't learn from me! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Cool age,

Most gals love nudes for everyday use. They are so easy and go with everything.

Charlestongirl said...

Gauri,

Thank you! I am far from an expert. I know how to get better photos, but that would take an investment in an in-home photo lab, and at that point this hobby will become a real job. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Icaria!

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, I think you are going to LOVE it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne,

Bauhaus could go down in history as the best lip kit ever.

Charlestongirl said...

That would be cool, Lovethescents!

Charlestongirl said...

Hello Miss R!

Buy it while it's available. You know how fast some LMdB palettes can go.

Midwestern Mama said...

Beautiful! Does this come with a lip brush?

Unknown said...

Its a breathtakingly beautiful palette...with a breathtaking price too....lol.