Thursday, December 6, 2012

TATCHA Luminous Dewy Skin Mist

How can TATCHA turn out such amazing products - customized to satisfy every need? No matter what your skin type, age, or preferences, there is a TATCHA product (or suite of products) for you.

In August, I introduced TATCHA here and learned that many of you were already devotees of this brand and its fabulous products. For over 300 years, Japan’s geishas have been held in awe for their breathtakingly beautiful, porcelain skin. Perfected through centuries of timeless rituals, the beauty secrets of the geishas had been passed down from one generation to the next by word of mouth - that is, until TATCHA rediscovered their coveted daily regimens in a 200-year-old manuscript, written in the twilight of Japan’s Edo Period.

Traveling back to the City of 2000 Temples (Kyoto), TATCHA worked with teams of scientists, scholars, and geisha themselves to decipher the rituals and ingredients from this text. What they uncovered is the very foundation of Eastern skin care and beauty.

TATCHA’s formulas pay homage to the icon of Eastern beauty and their own storied heritage. Now the secrets of the geisha live on through a proprietary process involving the most precious green teas, Okinawa red algae, rice bran, and other time-tested ingredients.

TATCHA Luminous Dewy Skin Mist ($48) was made for me. You won't convince me otherwise. TATCHA had my clone in their labs as they envisioned and created this revolutionary skin mist. She was a woman with dry, possibly aging, skin. She wanted more than anything to look dewy and fresh again - not just in the morning right before she leaves for work, but at any time of day when she needs a boost. She told the researchers that she cares about botanical ingredients that unlock nature's secrets. She also prioritized the appearance of the container, explaining that lavender blue is calming - one key to feeling and looking younger.

TATCHA took her vision and turned it into Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, a mist among many on the market, but one that's unique.

What is it?  Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is a silky liquid moisturizer that's formulated with green tea, squalane, red algae, Japanese rice bran, and TATCHA's HADASEI-3 bioactive complex. It should be misted onto the face for a boost of soothing hydration and dewy, luminous, replenished-looking skin anytime, anywhere.

The milky emulsion contains moisturizers and humectants that leave my skin rehydrated and dewy. Because it does not contain the high levels of alcohol and fragrance found in conventional hydrating sprays, it has no drying effect that would be counterproductive to a hydrating purpose.

Named one of the 10 best hydrating facial mists by Vogue.com, it's already made its mark on the beauty profession. Daniel Martin, celebrity makeup artist, keeps Luminous Dewy Skin Mist in his bag. Simply put, he said it feels good. He has already gone through several bottles of TATCHA’s spritz since discovering it earlier this summer. “I love layering it on before foundation to prep the skin. In some cases, it’s hydrating enough that I don’t even need a separate moisturizer,” adds Martin, who also uses the mist after makeup application to set makeup in place. Like me, he loves TATCHA's packaging. It's pretty and luxurious, and we all know pretty makes pretty.

Another leading magazine, Harper's Bazaar.com, featured Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (along with its sister mask) by reporting that it seals in intense hydration. Finish your hydrating treatment with Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, "a mist of botanical water with humectants to rehydrate your complexion minus any drying alcohols, so you look luminous all day."

This wonderful skin mist will not affect your makeup - other than refreshing it. I'm using it now as I go from the cool, fall air into office air, which is very drying. I spritz lightly (just a few pumps) to renew my skin and my makeup. Luminous Dewy Skin Mist will make your skin dewy and fresh, but never oily - just instantly revived and refreshed. Your co-workers may wonder what miracles are happening in the ladies room. Use it in summer or winter; there's no constraint on the season for this miracle mist.

You really need to check out TATCHA's Web site, especially if you can't get to a Barneys, the best-known retailer for TATCHA. If you register for TATAHA's newletter, they will send you a VIP sampler set. TATCHA is a "find," and I recommend a trial.

Those geishas were onto something. Don't you think we should encourage TATCHA to develop a cosmetics line?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charleston Girl, I am about to send you an email - I found a lot of dupes across my Metier Beaute Lip Kaleidoscopes and was wondering about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

EllenB said...

Definitely going on their website to register. I liked reading your background on the product line. It was very interesting! I got a giggle out of how they "made it just for you". I just might invest in this product or another if I see something I "gotta have" on their website. Oh, and yes, we must talk them into making a cosmetics line.

Eileen said...

I love Tatcha! And this is one of my favorite products. I've always adored cooling mists like Shu Uemura's, but this one by Tatcha is in a class by itself. Most facial mists like Shu's, Jurlique's, etc. are primarily water with a bit of fragrance and maybe a hint of glycerine, but if you read the ingredient list for Tatcha's version, you'll discover that it is loaded with skin loving things that calm, sooth, and moisturize the skin every time you use it. It's a bit pricey, but it's not "just a bottle of water" like so many other mists. It's a wonderful skin care product.

Anyone interested in Tatcha should definitely visit their web site. They offer three free samples with every purchase and free standard shipping (1-2 days) within the US. Unfortunately, Tatcha's Friends and Family sale is over, but if you sign up for emails, you'll be sure to hear about other special offers. I was able to stock up on my beloved cleansing oil, gentle enzyme exfoliating powder, and hydrating mist--all at 20% off :-)

Just a bit about the company itself. Tatcha is located in San Francisco and is owned by a lovely lady named Vicky Tsai. She and her team obviously love the products themselves, the company's esthetic, and the concept behind Tatcha and it is reflected in everything they do from the quality of the products to the elegant and refined packaging, prompt and gracious customer service, and those now legendary personalized handwritten thank you notes that accompany every order. Yes, Tatcha is quite a find!

solanace said...

This line sounds amazing. I'm a sucker for Japanese cosmeics.

Anonymous said...

I have been a skincare and makeup junkie for many decades and I think Tatcha is the best. Pure, soothing,effective and beautiful, you won't go wrong no matter what item you choose. I love the entire line and don't use anything else. This is the only line that made me abandon my beloved Cream de La Mer. Try it and fall in love with your skin.

lovethescents said...

Oh my....well, I remember Eileen first mentioning Tatcha's products, and raving about them. Oh, the temptation is crippling!!

Charlestongirl said...

Re: LMdB...Yes, Anonymous, the world falls into two categories: 1) those who care about dupes (of which there are many, consider not just LMdB, but MAC and others), and 2) those who don't. I'm in the don't care category.

Not sure why they do it, except that they may be repeating customer faves. Or promoting new blending options.

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, aren't there times when you are sure they created a product just for you? The fit is so perfect with this one. Now I want the mask.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I am slowly but surely turning into a TATCHA cheerleader.

Unknown said...

I never had a Tatcha before, I better check it out.
Had a good laugh about your clone being in their lab. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Solance,

The Japanese offer a refinement - that special touch - that we sometimes overlook, I think.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Today, I used both this skin mist and La Mer. I am a moisture junkie.

VancouverChic said...

Hi C-Girl,
After researching my rosacea sites there are quite a few giving this product rave reviews. So, I ordered directly from Tatcha. If anyone does order from them, make sure you get on their mailing list as they will send you a special welcome code. I used the welcome code and got samples which are for my skin concerns. Free shipping too ladies! YAY!!!!!!
I will let you know C-Girl how it goes on my skin. Right now my face feels like needles accckkkkk!!!
C-Girl if you have any info on your blog about products for rosacea skin do let me know.
Thanks so much for today's info!!!!
Warm Regards,
Joanne ~ VancouverChic

Judith DM said...

Is Tatcha sold anywhere other than the website? I am asking as where I live in West Los Angeles there are some INCREDIBLE "markets" Japanese and Korean and shopping malls and they sell amazing cosmetics! There are cosmetics within the markets as well as independent small stores. Shopping in them is AMAZING, the produce, seafood unlike anywhere else, books, magazines, music, appliances.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne,

Search rosacea on my search box. When I had it, I favored Atopalm products. There were others I liked. I also tried a prescription product that didn't do much. I think the key is gentle, gentle, gentle.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Judith!

Aren't you near Barneys?

Judith DM said...

Minutes from Barney's BH! What a Pleasure Palace! I will check it out. Somewhere I saw mention of a wonderful eyelash product, I think. Like the gorgeous Anna Sui lipsticks I read about today in a gorgeous rose case, colors are distorted on a laptop screen. Some things just have to be seen, I think.

Eileen said...

Hi Joanne,

I have mild rosacea and have not had any problems with the cleanser, gentle exfoliating powder, moisturizing mist, or the radiance serum . I did develop a bit of sensitivity to the silk cream after several weeks of use. As soon as I discontinued it, my skin began to normalize. I second Charlestongirl's recommendation of Atopalm. Their skin cream is ultra gentle and is perfect for those times when my skin is acting up. That doesn't happen very often since I've been getting an IPL treatment every 6 months, but when it does, Atopalm is the only thing I use on my face until the "crisis" passes :-)

Hi Judith,

You won't find Tatcha in Little Tokyo, etc. It is marketed as a luxury brand and is available at Barney's. After my first Tatcha purchase at Barney's, I began ordering from Tatcha's web site. Their service is great and you can return a product for any reason.

Anonymous said...

Hello Joanne,
I have mild rosacea and am very sensitive and dry. I have used all the Tatcha products and all of them are wonderful. I even tried leaving on the cleansing powder to see if it would over-strip or burn but it didn't. The serum is gentle too, I usually can't use this type of product (one that lightens brown spots) due to them being too harsh.

@CG, I too have used the Mist with Creme de La Mer. My skin can't get enough moisture either! Have you tried Tatcha's newest cream? Compare it to La Mer and see what you think, I love it.

VancouverChic said...

Hi Eileen, C-Girl and someone else with no name lol lol,
Thanks for all the help with the rosacea. I get 5 IPLs per year and spend a fortune on face care products which are not prescription in the USA but prescription in Canada. (I know ... head-desk, head-desk)
The Tatcha products have ingredients that do counter inflammation with me - which is an everyday battle.
I am so glad Tatcha included samples for me as this will really help see if it can calm things down. I have never head of Atopalm and will check it out asap. Right now I am on SkinMedica which is prescription in Canada (repeat head-desk head-desk) but I buy in USA. Peptides are a huge problem for my skin, so that is out. SkinCeuticals has excellent products, but some work and some don't. I am really hoping the Tatcha mist will help calm down the feeling of needles in my skin. Tatcha shipped it out the same day! They are scoring points with me!!!!!
Warm Regards,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I really like La Mer The Mist, but the ingredients here are very compelling. I just might have to try when I'm ready to replenish. Thanks for the great review!