Friday, December 14, 2012

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Or Rose from the Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection

Chanel's Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Or Rose ($30) from the Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection reminds me of some of my favorite Chanel eyeliners: Rose Platine and Khaki Platine. They give the eyes a bright accent, rather than defining drama.

Chanel's waterproof eyeliner formula delivers long-lasting definition with a twist of the wrist: Color winds up when you need it, and it winds down when you don't. A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes - a feature I really appreciate. It doesn't break either - one of my pet peeves with other liners.

There are three shades featured in the Printemps Precieux de Chanel Collection: Or Rose, Santal, and Beryl. My choice was Or Rose. The decision took me all of a nanosecond. I could be convinced to go back for Beryl, a flesh-toned shade. Santal is brown - useful, but it doesn't have as much pizazz.

There is a lot of gold, but not much rose in Or Rose. I struggled to get swatch photos of it. Because it's light, as you can see above, and my skin is pale, there isn't much contrast to make you stand up and dance. Perhaps that's one of the reasons I love this luminous, pale eyeliner. It and its sisters break the mold. In a hurry? Just apply Or Rose above your lash line, follow with mascara, and go. The pop of color is all you'll need. Want a perfect shade for your waterline? You will love Or Rose. It's waterproof, so it will stay put, and it will brightens your eyes with a flash of gold. I could go on, but let's get to the swatch photos.

The photos were taken in full sun. I tried several times, finally settling on drawing a small block on my arm, rather than a line or arc. I know these swatch photos won't sell Or Rose for Chanel (not that the company needs me for anything - they have Brad). Perhaps my enthusiasm will?

It was extremely difficult to get photos in which I could see a hint of rose. Most of my photos yielded a gorgeous golden hue. I am showing you a few photos that do show the rose hue because I think that was intended by this eyeliner's name.

In the first photo above, I can see the rose gold. In the photo directly above, it's harder to characterize as rose gold.

Here is a close-up that's dark, but it displays the color I see with my eyes. I love the glimmering shade - no matter what they called it. There isn't enough rose to put the shade in the danger zone for those of us who have red-eye problems - just enough to give it a complexity that's flattering, like candlelight.

The collection has finally landed at most Chanel counters. I saw it last night at Neiman Marcus. I purchased my items from Saks Chevy Chase. You can also find it at Nordstrom. Oddly, it's still not available at Chanel.com. I am fairly certain Or Rose is a limited edition. Its sister shades have sold out quickly. If you want one, don't let any grass grow under your feet.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

This is gorgeous! I wonder if this is at all like Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes liner in 23L. I just got it but this one looks really pretty too--a touch more pink maybe...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca,

It is pretty. May be a sleeper until people try it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Seems perfect for my pale skin / pale eyes. I'm SO excited to try it! Thank you!

Walls said...

I bought this liner shade, too. I am _such_ a lover of all things rose gold, so it was a no-brainer, although Beryl and Santal appeal to me as well. Counting down the days till it arrives on my doorstep. After seeing your swatches, I am even more excited. I love Rose Platine from 2011, and wished that it was added to the permanent range of Chanel's waterproof liners. The latest liner in the spring collection is wonderful for those of us who like a spin on neutrals and a wearable daytime metallic. Chanel knows how to pull at my heart strings!

Clarisse said...

I love the color Or Rose, it looks always so gorgeous on any skin!Yes, this stylo is a must:-)
Let me add on a sadder note that I was terribly shocked and saddened to hear of the shooting in the school in Newtown. Such an atrocious drama.. and a tragic and senseless loss of young lives....
All my thoughts and prayers go to the families affected...

Anonymous said...

This looks gorgeous! I placed my order at the Saks in Chevy Chase, like you said, and am anxious to receive it. I love getting things quickly, it adds to it's "specialness" and will have what I want from Chanel, Guerlain's Spring colors from the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas (also like you said) and the new YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks, I ordered 3. They don't have numbers 1,3,or 10 yet but they do have the other 16 colors so check 'em out if you like this type of lip. Thank you again for letting me know where to get these products before they hit out here on the West Coast!

Anonymous said...

I feel so ahead of the game now that I've found your blog! I picked up Or Rose immediately and can't wait to play with it. I've only recently discovered how much I love Chanel cosmetics...where have I been?!! And thanks to you, my wish list keeps growing. I truly enjoy your blog and up-to-the-minute information. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Waterproof Eyeliner is one of the best eyeliners to use as there are many reasons why a regular eyeliner product would run. Another great choice will be a Liquid Eyeliner