Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lancôme Holiday 2012 Color Collection Blush Highlighter in Moonlight Rose

Lancôme's limited-edition Holiday 2012 Color Collection Blush Highlighter in Moonlight Rose ($42) is gorgeous, however it doesn't look at all like the promotional photo above, which I found at Nordstrom and Lancôme. It looks as light as I see it in my own photo below. It's eye-catching on the holiday display. It will draw your eyes right in to explore. It's actually much jazzier than the Lancôme-provided photo shows.

This illuminating/highlighting powder gives the skin a light-reflecting, luminous glow. Wear alone or pair with other cheek products (that's what I recommend) to create beautiful dimension on your face. It blends easily over the skin for a shimmering, festive look. The color is long-wearing and fade-resistant. I think it's a glorious color.

I took swatch photos in full sun - one in very bright light and the other in less direct light - and they both show the shine. It's a sheen, not a glitter bomb, so many will like it. I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply the top swatch heavily and a dense blush brush to apply the larger swatch below.

The pastel, cool pink makes a beautiful illuminator for women who can wear cool tones. It's icy blue-toned pink. Apply it lightly for a snow-like soft frosting or more heavily for serious brightening.

The beautiful Lancôme rose pattern was the clincher for me. The case is plain black with a small gold Lancôme rose (as opposed to the holiday eye shadow case that I will show you this week), but the case opens up to reveal a glorious rose. I couldn't resist.

Hanaa's holiday look features more colorful items from the collection. If she is wearing The Blush Highlighter in Moonlight Rose, it was layered over a deeper blush - or perhaps used to light up the center of her face.

Moonlight Rose is available, but selling out quickly, at Lancôme counters everywhere. It is available online at Nordstrom and Lancome-usa.com.

Photos at top and bottom by Lancôme; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

grlnxdor said...

My husband drove me 60 miles this weekend to a Macy's. While he was looking for a coat, I headed to the makeup counters. I could not resist this beautiful highlighter! It might be a smidge cool for me, but we'll see. I also picked up Chanel's Malice blush after trying it out. It's really lovely, too.

Suselew said...

Unfortunately, being very cool-toned, I have to stay away from these types of overly pink highlighters. It adds more pink to an already pink face. I think this would be lovely on a more warm complexion as the contrast would highlight it beautifully.

Eileen said...

"Snow like soft frosting"--beautiful image, Charlestongirl. If ever there was a time for icy, cool highlighters, winter is it. As our hemisphere tilts away from the sun, the light takes on a different quality making colors like this perfect for the season.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi grlnxdor,

Just apply it lightly. I'll bet it will look fabulous - like our faces look with candlelight.

Charlestongirl said...

Suselaw, this color won't exacerbate the redness in your face. It's too icy. I have central redness, and it looks great.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

I think it's one of those genius intros because it will make so many of us look pretty at night. I would like to see it on someone with very warm skin. I'm wondering how it would look. I'm betting on great.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

This is definitely beautiful, but I will pass on this and go for the Chanel highlighter instead--I think that this one would be much too cool for my yellow undertoned skin. I bet it looks fantastic on you though, CG!! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca,

There are so many nice new highlighters. Good point that there is one for everyone's tastes - and skin tone. :)

Alicia said...

I bought it ! But I still don't know how to apply it.. I don't have a specific brush, how you do ?

Splendid swatches ! ;)


Alicia.