Thursday, December 20, 2012

Guerlain Météorites Perles du Paradis from the Spring 2013 Color Collection

Guerlain's Spring 2013 Collection Météorites, Perles du Paradis ($70), looks so scrumptious, I spring for the door when I hear my UPS guy come. I ordered mine from the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas, and they were not in stock yet at the time. Even Neiman Marcus locally did not have the piece last week. So, I continue to wait for the exciting day when these stunning little colored balls, created for spring, but perfect for the holidays, arrive.

To illuminate skin with an angelic halo, Guerlain’s legendary pearls are getting a boost and coming out in an XXL limited-edition size. This devilishly beautifying compact features six skin-toned and pastel shades. The traditional correcting colors - blue and green - have been replaced by pink to brighten dull areas and silver to reflect ambient light and ensure one-of-a-kind radiance.

I'm expecting dark zones to disappear, grayness to be erased, and fatigue to vanish. When you apply Météorites, the face lights up and shimmers subtly - revitalized and instantly awakened, as if by magic. This sheer, refreshing effect embellishes absolutely every type of complexion. It's somewhat miraculous. The soft, caressing, pale pink powder puff, which I probably won't use) is topped with an elegant black bow in tribute to women’s inherently feminine flair.

I think I'll call Las Vegas later today (we have a three-hour time difference) to find out whether my Perles du Paradis arrived at the store and shipped out to me. I'd rather know now than continue to await my UPS guy so eagerly. He doesn't arrive much before 7:00 pm - and sometimes much later.

Photo courtesy of Guerlain

14 comments:

Rosemary said...

Forgive me if I sound rushed! I am running out the door to deliver Christmas presents, mail one last one, and do the huge holiday shopping at the grocery store!

CG, I'm so glad you posted about the Meteorites. I have been thinking about them and have decided to purchase hopefully next month. The trouble is, I don't know which ones to get. Can you advise?

I'm pale and cool-toned with very dark hair. Anything with yellow in it is awful on me. I want these for everyday instead of powder, so I don't want to look like a glitter ball. I went back and read your reviews, CG, and your comments, Eileen, if you're reading this. I *think* the Meteorites I should buy are the Perles du Dragon.

Any advice would be appreciated. There is no Guerlain counter, as far as I know, until I get to your area, CG, which is about 3.5 hours away from me. So a Guerlain SA phone number would also be appreciated. There is a Sephora an hour away, but I don't really like it.

Thank you, ladies, to anyone who can give me some tips. I'll be back later today.

Eileen said...

Hi Rosemary,

If you want these as an everyday finishing powder, go with the Perles du Dragon. They have a luminous quality and brightening effect that should be perfect on your skin and quite dramatic with your hair color. I've been wearing them almost daily since getting them and they play nicely with a variety of blushers and other highlighters. They'll work we'll for spring, too, but come summer, they'll undoubtedly be a bit too cool and pale--but Guerlain will probably have something new for us by then :-)

Hi Charlestongirl,

I swear my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw these at the counter and I was positively giddy with excitment the first time I stroked them on. They are breathtaking! So many clichés, I know, but Guerlain really outdid themselves with this creation. Stunning!

The larger size of the pearls and the way they have been packaged like a beautiful Boudoir body powder makes it obvious that these are meant to enliven more than just the face. Swept on the décolletté, they are drop dead beautiful. I love the soft hint of pink and gorgeous shimmer. Am I babbling yet? :-)

As for the cute pink powder puff, I don't use it either, but I keep it in the container because it makes me smile. I'm using my Tom Ford bronzer (powder) brush with these.

I'm not sure why these are arriving at some counters in dribs and drabs, though. My local counter received the tester, but no product, then later in the week, they received three, and then a few days later they received another five--all of which sold out the same day they arrived. Needless to say, my sweet Guerlain gal has a waiting list and is busy tracking these down and sending them out to customers.

Christina said...

My local Nordstrom has this in! It's so pretty! It leaves a very delicate pale pink sheen behind with just a touch of lavender and silver. On my very fair olive complexion, I can almost use it as blush, but it looks a bit powdery and sparkly that way.

It's worth noting that the sparkle in this is more prominent than in some of their other releases, so that might turn some people off. Then again, if you're a fan of these Meteorites, you probably know what to expect already.

The case is also lovely. It looks very classy on my vanity table!

Evelyn said...

I am definitely going to purchase this because it's pretty and I'm addicted to Meteorites! :) An after holidays present for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, Rosemary, I can't. Go to a counter and try them. There isn't one I don't love. Call Ronda at Guerlain at 702-732-7008. She can go through them one by one with you and help you select.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

The sporadic deliveries are very strange. I was at Saks today. Did they have anything but the tester?
Nope!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christina,

It's not quite colorful to give a blush to my pale skin, but it sure provides a pretty finish!

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn, I think we all need to treat ourselves!

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Eileen! Perles du Dragon it is then. I'm really excited about getting them. :)

CG, I really can't get to a counter. Thanks for the SA phone #.

Thatfashionista said...

Just a heads up that my local Sephora (which carries Guerlain) had at least eight Perles du Paradis, so you may want to check out your local store! Needless to say, I came home with one :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I love the packaging. I think I'm going to treat myself to this as well.

Anonymous said...

Nordstrom in Bellevue, WA has them. I just arrived back home with 2 containers in my hot little hands. These Meteorites are gorgeous and my favorite of all the ones I've been collecting for years! Call 425-455-5800 to get yours!

Midwestern Mama said...

Thank you for the post, CG! They are beautiful. How do they compare to the other Meteorites? New colors? I just purchased the Chanel illuminizer (spring 13)...could you use these with that? Or in place of?
Thanks!

Midwestern Mama said...

And Merry Christmas!