Monday, December 10, 2012

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss from the Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection

Chanel's Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection has two new Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss ($32) shades, and they are both must-haves. The mauve Merville (#69) and the golden Attriance (#70) are my kind of colors.

They were the first items that captured my eyes on the display - not really a display, just a grouping of items because the official display had not arrived from Chanel. The testers look like lip glosses, so one can see the colors housed inside the normally black tubes shown below. I was smitten from first glance.

Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss is Chanel's newest lip gloss, "with color so rich and shine so intense, it could only have been inspired by the iconic lipstick, Rouge Allure. Bold color combines with the smoothest, silkiest gel texture for luxurious wear and a dramatic effect." This gloss-like lip color never feels sticky or tacky, and it always looks luminous, full, and colorful for hours.

The spring shades are sheer and pretty - not dramatic or theatrical - and are perfect for any time of year. I swooned as I tested. Then I came home and took swatch photos in late afternoon with a setting sun. I think I was able to capture their magic. I applied them "normally," without excess painting on my arm, using their own applicators.

The shade at the top, Mervielle, is as perfect as it gets in my eyes. It offers exquisite shine and a my-lips-but-much better color. I do not need to wear lipstick underneath this extraordinary shade. Mervielle is definitely going on my hoarding list. Tomorrow, I will be calling Saks Chevy Chase to ensure I get one, maybe two, more. I am almost as fond of the peach-hued gold Attriance. It can be worn alone, but is equally pretty when used as a gloss. Look at the color and shine and imagine how great it will look on your lips. Everyone can wear these shades.

I am trying to think of all the appropriate words to describe these high-shine, long-wear sparklers. Gush and swoon are givens. Actually, they are the best Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss shades I have ever purchased. That should tell you something. Chanel has two hits on its hands for spring. Will I be waiting for spring to wear them? Not a chance. Mervielle is going to work with me today. I will be wearing it when I call to order a few more. When you find something you love, don't let it get away.

This spring collection from Chanel has just started to arrive at Chanel counters. I purchased my initial items at Saks Chevy Chase. If you absolutely cannot wait for this collection to arrive at your local Chanel counter, give Georgia, Loyd, or Maria a call at (240) 497-5363.

Photos courtesy of Best Things in Beauty

28 comments:

Dafne Ortiz said...

Hi CG...they look so pretty!!! I will have to wait until next year when they hit the stores in Mexico...Thank you for the review, I really appreciate your advice and comments on the beauty products!!! Have a great week!!!

LilJeJa said...

Oh my they are both so beautiful!

Eileen said...

Extrait de Gloss has been my favorite gloss/lipstick hybrid type formula ever since its launch in 2010. And, this year in particular, Chanel has created some beautiful new colors. That Merville is such a crisp and clear springtime pink. I must call Yuki, my delightful Chanel gal, to find out when this collection will be arriving.

Sam said...

Thanks, as ever, for your great swatches and timely reviews! You've got me drooling over these glosses. I'm wondering--is Merville similar to Troublant (which I adore)?

Evelyn said...

I absolutely love this formula of Chanel's and you can be sure I will be purchasing Merville which is of course in my favorite lip color family (aside from reds that is!). I probably would look fine in Attriance but I like mauves rather than peaches. :)

Anonymous said...

These look gorgeous! Definitely will be ordering Merville. Thank you for the swatches. By any chance did you get to see the nail polishes? Any thoughts on them? I was curious about Emprise, but from other photos I've seen looks like a very sheer color.
x Maria

Anonymous said...

You evil woman! I was trying to wait for the Guerlain collection first but these swatches along with your endorsement are simply too much to resist! I just spoke to Georgia and she's sending me the powder, the Merveilluse lip and two eye pencils. Thank you for making my X-mas brighter.

VancouverChic said...

*huge eyes*
*swoons and does a double back flip at the same time!!!*

The first one is omg gorgeous! 100% swoon worthy.

Want-want-want-want !!!!!

Biz Morris Haselwandter said...

Oh, no. Poor wallet. I have already emailed my friend at the Chanel counter at Saks in Boston- so gorgeous!!! Thanks for the first peek!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dafne,

Won't anyone close to the border ship to you?

Charlestongirl said...

The ARE, LilJeJa. I love them both.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I see Mervielle as a mauve, not pink, on my lips. I'm sure lip color affects its color. To me, mauve is a year-round shade, one of my faves.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

I would think New York should have it very soon. :)

Charlestongirl said...

I did see them, Maria, and I must plead for forgiveness. I'll get a photo of them later this week. I didn't have my camera with me when I was there.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I'm happy to make your Christmas a good one. Guerlain is hitting the counters too, though. What's a gal to do? While holiday shopping, it's buy one for them and two for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, VancouverChic,

I consider it one of those lip colors that only comes along a few times/year. Get it when you can!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to get my hands on these and the gorgeous powder also.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

This kinda sorta reminds me of Troublant--except a touch lighter and definitely more mauvy. It's gorgeous, though!! Troublant is actually the only Allure Extrait de Gloss I currently own, but it really made me fall in love. EVERYTHING from the packaging to the smell to the cushy feel is perfection. I love mauvy-pink glosses so much, I definitely need Merville!!

Rosemary said...

Merville is calling my name. :)

CGirl said...

I must have Merville. It looks perfect for me. Thanks for the lovely swatches.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Beautiful. I've read so much positive buzz about this Chanel formula, and I think "Mervielle" just pushed me over the edge! (enabler, you!)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann!

Should be any day now.

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, it should. Troublant is in the same color family. I think Merveille is a bit lighter/sheerer.

Charlestongirl said...

Laughing, Biz Morris,

Every new Chanel collection is a hit to my wallet.

Charlestongirl said...

It is, Rosemary and CGirl.

Can't you hear your names repeated faintly in the winter air?

Charlestongirl said...

Great one to be your first, MamaVal!

Biz Morris Haselwandter said...

I just picked up the Mervielle. And variations.

And while I am not a highlighter user (yet), that powder for spring is like butter in texture. Amd divine. But I am pacing myself. Or trying to!

Bettina said...

Merveille looks very pretty. After I read about it on your blog I started searching for it. Seems they are not in the stores yet here in Germany. I will look for it. It looks like a great color and just the color that I like