Saturday, December 22, 2012

Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #202

Not brand new, but featured with Clé de Peau Beauté's holiday display, the Eye Color Quad in #202 ($55) attracted my attention as I shopped at Neiman Marcus a few weeks ago. I tested it in the store, but did not purchase it that day. It nagged me for at least a week, so I went back to purchase it. Normally, I am not attracted to blue shades. They don't look "right" with my blue eyes - solely my own opinion - and when I shop, the blues seldom stop me in my tracks. #202 did. It haunted me until I finally went back to purchase it.

These blues are different - special. I have always loved the combination of blue and brown in clothing. Clé de Peau Beauté used three of the colors in one of my favorite Armani jackets and offered them to me in an eye shadow quad. I'm thrilled to have #202.

Clé de Peau Beauté uses a light-reflecting technology that always looks good on the eyelids. Plus the finish of their quads is silky and even, resistant to smudging, creasing, wandering, and fading. The shadows contain argan oil to ensure smooth application and wear and and exclusive Clé de Peau Beauté advanced moisturizing ingredient the company calls Hydro-Wrap Complex. I adore Clé de Peau's quads. Some of the recently released singles have been glitter bombs - which is a shame. The quads, on the other hand, are glorious eye shadows.

I took my swatch photos in full sun. As usual, I applied all the shades with a sponge-tipped applicator. I swatched from left to right in the palette, starting at the top of my arm near my wrist.

Even though the traditional Christmas colors are red and green, I adore blue themes at this time of year. This one's perfect. the beautiful, shimmering, pastel periwinkle shown at the top of my arm is stunning on the lid. The peachy flesh tone is as pretty as it gets. Combined they are exquisite.

The deeper blue actually works on me! I am using it as an accent shade in the outer corner. Those with darker skin could use it all over the lower lid or in the crease. The brown was carefully selected to serve as the perfect counterpoint to the beautiful blues and a pastel peach that lights up my face.

I broke my own rule against "buying backwards." I don't like to purchase items that aren't brand new because my blog statistics tell me that my readers love to see the newest collections. If you don't own #202, you owe it to yourself to go to a Clé de Peau counter and try it.

As always, I purchased the refill. Clé de Peau Beauté does not provide a case with your $55 eye shadow. Since the plastic case in which the shadows are sold protects the shadows just fine, I skip the cases so that I can purchase more makeup. I'd love to have a case someday, but I'll have to have nothing else on my wish list. Wonder if that will ever happen?

You can find this beautiful quad at all Clé de Peau Beauté counters. It's also available online. Check here if you shop at Nordstrom.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Nemo said...

I would like to try this. Meanwhile, I am now able to endorse my brand new purchase of the CHANEL Rouge Allure Intense lip color in Evoutante, part of the spring collection you featured recently. Too many CHANEL lipsticks don't last. I mean don't last a minute, and they're gone from your lips. Evoutante does indeed last and it even contains some nice but subtle sparkles. I recommend it.

Bettina said...

The colors sure look pretty. I cant wear that browne and that blue though. But still they are very pretty. When I read your post here today it reminded me that I wanted to check into Cle de Peau again. But last time I was in the US I forgot. I really need to put it on my list for the next trip. I went onto their website and saw a couple of quads with pretty colors. I will probably "end" up with them the way I ended up with La Mer Soft Cream. At the end I will purchase one despite the high price tag

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

Glad you found a lipstick that you love!

Charlestongirl said...

Bettina, normally I would turn my nose up at blue, but these work for some reason. The icy colors are very pretty.

Definitely purchase a few quads when you come this way again. They are worth every penny.

Anonymous said...

Try storing the eyeshadow in an Altoids box. Works in a pinch.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

If I ate Altoids, I guess that would work. I'm actually happy storing them in their plastic. I can see what's inside.

Mary Ann said...

Thank you for showing this quad, I would never consider buying it without seeing it swatched or in person. It is very pretty. I have 3
Cle de Peau quads and also have used the foundation. Their products are pricey, but worth it.

Charlestongirl said...

I agree, Mary Ann. Pricey, but worth it - except for those awful pigment-free glitter bombs of late.

Beauty Box said...

I've never looked closely at Cle De Peau's makeup (their concealer is world famous and that's all I know about the brand) and this is a very lovely eyeshadow quad. Beautiful colurs...

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

That periwinkle is just STUNNING--and I haven't seen a blue shadow that gorgeous in a looong time. I'm the same as you--blue just isn't a color that "calls" to me when it comes to makeup, but this eyeshadow palette does! I am definitely checking this out!

JMay said...

This palette is gorgeous! I really appreciate your opinion about high quality beauty products even though they aren't brand new.