Monday, December 17, 2012

Guerlain Shine Automatique Hydrating Lip Shine from the Color Collection for Spring 2013

If I were rich, I'd have two of every shade of Guerlain's Shine Automatique Hydrating Lip Shine ($35). Want a little sparkle in your life? Here's the answer. This moisturizing and long-lasting lipstick combines bold color with pearly particles to give your lips a subtle, elegant shine. Wear it, and your lips will be soft, smooth, and luminous.

Guerlain has introduced two new shades for Spring 2013. Flirt (#761) is shown above at right. When I saw it in the store, I feared I would not be able to wear it. It's a purple-rose hybrid, and the color is intense. Here is a swatch photo below, but I do not think this swatch on my arm adequately represents the shade on my lips. You have to remember that most lipsticks will be darker on your lips because your lips add their natural pigmentation.

The sun did its work too well when I took this swatch photo. This shade is much darker on the lips than it appears on my arm. I would describe it as a deep purple or plum rose. It is borderline on my comfort zone. I like to wear a gloss over it to lighten the color. I realize that may seem kind of crazy, but I don't like to lead with my lips.

The second new shade, the lighter Rendez-Vous (#762), is shown at left in the photo at the top of this feature. While officially described as purple, I would instead call it a blue-toned pink.

Rendez-Vous confirms the message delivered by the new Rouge Automatiques that we'll be thinking pink in the coming season. I took swatch photos at different times - all in full sun. This may be one of the best, directly above. The sparkly cool pink is stunning. While the sun enhanced the sparkle, you can be sure that you'll achieve a beautiful, subtle shine, when you wear this gorgeous shade.

I would love to have an opportunity to get better swatch photos of these two lipsticks. Unfortunately, the sun departed Friday night and hasn't returned. My next best hope will be Wednesday, I hear.

Guerlain’s Spring Color Collection is available starting now at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, Bloomingdale's and Bergdorf Goodman. The collection is arriving in phases. I purchased my Rouge Automatiques and Shine Automatiques from the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas - then I purchased extras at Neiman Marcus. Think I'm smitten?

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Jen said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Eileen said...

I saw these today and gave them both a miss because the colors were just too cool for my skin tone (I did buy the two Rouge Automatiques, though). Flirt, in particular, was gorgeous but just not on me :-(. Both the Shines are beautiful, though, and will look lovely on women who can wear cool lip colors. You're absolutely right, Charlestongirl, we're all going to be pretty in pink this spring :-)

bisbee said...

I need both of these. Are they available online?

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Jen.

Charlestongirl said...

Flirt is very blue, Eileen. Even I have to tone it down with an opposite shade gloss.

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee, I checked around a few days ago, and they were not at that point. They may be now. Check Nordies.

bisbee said...

Thanks CG - not yet at Nordies online - I'll keep checking!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee,

Nordies is usually first to publish online. Not sure what the delay is, but call Rhonda. She will ship to you for free.