Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel from the Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection

I was surprised and thrilled to find Chanel's Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection at Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase yesterday. A sweet Chanel representative told me it was at Saks Chevy (and, of course, she was bummed that another store got it first). Since I was nearby, I dashed right over and purchased quite a few pieces. It's a gorgeous collection!

Poudre Signée de Chanel ($68) may not impress you on first glance. Yes, it's very pretty, and its distinctive embossed double C's (large and small) will enchant until you wear through them. My practical side started to kick in as I asked myself how this light pink highlighter/illuminator would add a novel touch to my overwhelming makeup wardrobe?

Loyd to the rescue. He applied it in a C over the top of my cheekbones, sweeping it around my eye near the hair line, and finishing on my temples. He applied it on one side only and handed me a mirror. I was putty. The difference was astounding. Even though my makeup had been beautifully applied (by Erin Lockard), Poudre Signée de Chanel was the finishing touch that lit up my looks. I didn't even ask the price. In retrospect, I'm surprised I was able to contain myself and purchase only one. I suspect these limited-edition treasures will sell out - right about the time I decide I need a back-up.

I had a feeling this powder would be hard to swatch. Most finishing powders are. I'm pleased that you can see Poudre Signée de Chanel on my arm. I applied it heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator, and I used a dense blush brush to apply the larger swatch below. My photos were taken in full, afternoon sun, with winter's red holly berries as a spring backdrop.

Fortunately, you can see the sheen. I assure you this gorgeous powder is not a glitter bomb. Even though my product photo at the top of this feature gives the powder a pink hue, it's actually gold. It had a pink-gold look in the store that make me think "pastel rose gold" at first sight, but it's more gold than pink. Look carefully at my swatches, though, and you may see that gold leaning pink. Perhaps that's just my skin tone.

Do we have to give it a definitive color? I don't think so. Will I be wearing Poudre Signée de Chanel long before spring? You bet! It's the perfect finishing or highlighting powder to give my face that extra brilliance just in time for holiday parties.

Is it a party-only powder? The good news is that I can wear it during the day. Lightly dusted as Loyd demonstrated, it brightens up my face, just as the sun becomes a rarity. I could not be happier with Chanel's new centerpiece.

The rest of the collection has some pieces you will covet. I'll show you two stunning new lip colors next that should entice you to the Chanel counter. The eye shadow quad will leave you wondering if Chanel had a fall design left over to use for spring, but if you like neutrals as much as I do, you'll find it in your shopping bag. If you absolutely cannot wait for this collection to arrive at your local Chanel counter, give Georgia, Loyd, or Maria a call at (240) 497-5363.

I do not have confirmation of the following news, but I want to share it anyhow. It's possible that Chanel's cruise collection will be available only at Chanel.com and Chanel boutiques. I'll let you know as soon as I can confirm that rumor. Additionally, I'm sure some of you have seen photos of Chanel's spring look, shown on the runway and described by Allure. It is characterized by bright, "wild" shades. much like the bright colors for spring that Guerlain is showing. The late spring collection will be along later.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty and courtesy of Chic Profile and Allure

28 comments:

Eileen said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! I am such a sucker for a gorgeous highlighter and this one is absolutely stunning. One of my all time favorites is Chanel's Lumière Perlée from the Le Blanc collection two years ago. It looks like it now has some very stiff competition which is a good thing because I hit pan this past summer :-) I have liquid highlighters, cream highlighters, and powder highlighters. Did I mention I'm a sucker for a gorgeous highlighter? This is beautiful, Charlestongirl. It will definitely be added to my collection. I'm now so excited to see all the other goodies you got!

Bellyhead said...

That is beautiful! The only powder highlighter I own is Guerlain Cruel Gardenia. So this Chanel one, is not a dupe! Love the gold coming through.

Walls said...

Up until now I have shown restraint and not bought any Chanel makeup since the summer 2012 collection. Despite being a Chanelophile through and through, nothing from the last two collections jumped out at me. But now Chanel has me wanting nearly everything in this spring collection from the highlighter to the eye quad, from the eyeliners to the Rouge Allure lipsticks! What's a girl to do? Thanks for the review, CG!

JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty said...

What a beautiful highlighter! The powder looks so delicate and the design is to die for. I just feel like Chanel has repeated themselves for several seasons now. An intricated highlighter as a star item.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

You and me both. Can one have too many highlighting products? No - never! :) You're going to love it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bellyhead,

Ah, Cruel Gardenia. I wonder where I stuck mine. You just brought back its wonders by mentioning it.

Charlestongirl said...

Buy, I guess, Walls. :)

Cheers!

Charlestongirl said...

Joanne, I think when you find a winner in business, you stick with it. I would.

Hope that means they ditch Brad. LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fine review. I had hoped I could skip the highlighting powder but your swatches are gorgeous. I passed on the Las Vegas and the Bombay ones. I am excited to see more swatches. There was some discussion whether the quad was different for Asia and America. Do you happen to know. Is it a more cool-toned neutral palette?
Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday.
Tanja

Jo said...

This is simply to die for. It's added to my list. I can't wait to see the rest of your Chanel goodies!

Heather said...

Hi
CG! How close is this to Nars Albatross?

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Wow that was fast!! Can't believe it's out already! This GORGEOUS powder is just trouble, plain and simple. I told myself no more presents for me until I buy all my presents for everyone else (:P) but HOW can I resist this?!!! I like that its only the slightest bit pink and is mainly gold so it will suit cool and warm tones alike! I definitely need this!

Delacotta said...

Is the effect comparable to the Guerlain Meteorites? I gotta save some money, dang it! Thank you.

Sandra said...

How does this product compare to Chantecaille's new Rose Petal highlight powder?

Thanks!
Sandra

Charlestongirl said...

Hi everyone,

Lots of questions here about comparisons to other products. I just got this! I don't know. I have had very little time to play with it. I do encourage you to go see it and take with you the products you want to compare for color, finish, and effect.

Anonymous said...

Chantecaille Rose petal highliting powder is more on the pink side. Looks kind of powdery on my face. I am returning it. It has to sides. One more dominant side is pink, second one has more like warm sheen.

Anonymous said...

I think that guerlain meteorites will be more useble as an all over the face Powder or highliter. More versatile if that make sence. Guerlain meteorites have more transparency in them. You can not really detect a lot of colour. Just a nice glow. Although scloven our isdefinitly there. I love them. Guerlain meteorites are also matifying. Chanel powder probably would be used the best as a nice highliter or even maybe as an eyeshadow base or something like that. I don't think This product will be appropriate as an all over powder for an oily skin. But it looks gorgeous ! I am looking forward to buy it! Please excuse my mistakes!

Anonymous said...

Just want to correct couple mistakes. I am using my phone to post so.. I ment that although some colour is definitely there - meaning in meteorites. :)))

Unknown said...

It is so beautiful! I feel so lost in my passion for Chanel now since Neiman Marcus stopped shipping it to Canada. I have a feeling I may not be able to get my hands on this. :-(

Brenda C. said...

That's so gorgeous, I'm not sure I would be able to use it and bear seeing the beautiful design go away.

I have the Dior Garden Clutch and I've been working around the roses in the eyeshadow in order to not break them up. I know eventually I'll have to but it'll break my heart once I do.

Unknown said...

this highlighter is so beautiful! It's almost ethereal! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!! Just got this and some other goodies from this collection! It is a must have big time!!! Stunning, gorgeous , fabulous ! L O V E

Catherine (@bcrueltyfree) said...

Wow... as everyone has said, this really is such a beautiful product.

LRW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Polarbelle said...

I have yet another question. So would you say this is closer to The Pearl Glow Powder than either Ombres Tissues Beiges, or that delicious work of art Lumiere Sculptee De Chanel Highlighting Powder? I haven't been to a counter in a couple months, with the hubby's illness...I'm going to have to go so I can see it. But I wonder how it compares to these previous three highlighters? Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Polarbelle,

How is your husband doing?

Check out Reika's swatch of the Pearl Glow Powder: http://www.frontrowbeauty.com/chanel-pearl-glow-powder-review-and-fotd-possibly-the-best/

Gotta run off for now, but I would look for swatch photos.

Charlestongirl said...

Sabrina's post is helpful too, Polarbelle.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/08/fall-2011-highlighters-chanel-dolce.html

Charlestongirl said...

Everyone, Polarbelle answered that her husband is better. I can't believe I hit Delete, not Publish just now. Sorry! I must need a nap.