Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chanel Raffinement Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow from the Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection

Chanel's Raffinement (#39) Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow from the Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection (Ombres à Paupières Quatuor, $58) may not rev you when you first see it. I have to admit that my first reaction was, "Oh, how nice - four more neutrals - interesting selections for spring." It was only when I started to play with the colors that I realized the genius of Raffinement. These four shades are gorgeous.

I think my photo directly above is more true to color than the photo at the top of this feature, which I cut from Nordstrom. Light makes all the difference. I would not have purchased the quad shown at the top, with its strange tones of plum, rose, and ivory-beige and sand. Fortunately, the colors are much prettier.

The sun finally graced us again, and I was able to get swatch photos. I applied all four shades heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator and swatched in clockwise order, starting at the top left. Three of the shades left me over the moon. The fourth plays nicely with the others.

The unique shimmering taupe with a hint of rose, shown at the top of my arm, is one of those shades that makes me gasp. It's worth the entire price of admission. The shimmering flesh tone, which is hard to see in my photos, is a fantastic, brightening base color. The intense brown - also with a hint of rose - is a great liner shade for me. For those with darker skin, it should create a very pretty accent when applied sheerly.  The stunning pastel bronze-peach-I don't know what to call it shade at the bottom of my arm is another keeper. I love it.

Do not overlook this palette! The shades that look ho-hum in the compact are exquisite on the skin. I'm so glad I purchased it. I will be wearing this seasonless quad year-round.

I purchased mine at Saks Fifth Avenue Chevy Chase. The Spring 2013 Precieux de Printemps de Chanel Collection is slowly making its way to other stores, such as Nordstrom. You'll want to check it out before the items start to sell out.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

CGirl said...

I didn't think I would want this, but I do! I think the hints of rose throughout will work well for my green eyes. Do you know if it's limited edition? I hope not.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi CGirl,

I suspect it is a limited edition. Will try to find out tonight.

Running with Scissors said...

I have green eyes as well and this looks just *stunning*

Christy xxx

Northerngirl said...

Charleston Girl you're killing me with these Chanel pictures everyday.
Along with the lipsticks you posted yesterday I need this pallet of shadows.
Curses if we don't get these in Canada soon.

hzeebee said...

These look great. They look like colors I need.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh this is sooo pretty. I definitely agree--a palette like this can and SHOULD be worn year-round! :D

Charlestongirl said...

I think you'll love it, Christy.

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, Northerngirl...one more to go for now.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi hzeebee,

These colors ARE actually colors you need. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, this was the sneaker palette for me. I thought ho-hum - until I actually tried it.

kellinicole86 said...

ARG why can't companies wait til after the holidays to release these lol I'll def. have to check this out next time I'm at my Chanel counter, which will be sooner rather than later : )

Ava said...

It's beautiful. It looks similar to the new GA Eyes to Kill Palette #6, Boudoir.

Rosemary said...

Dear Chanel, why do you have to be so flawless?

Oh, wait, there's that Brad Pitt ad.

Seriously, hope this is permanent so I can fit it into my budget next year. Thanks for the swatches, CG.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi kellinicole86,

I know. We have so many competing priorities at this time of year. I remember it was December last year too. ARGH is right!

Charlestongirl said...

Very much so, Ava. There are always nice brown tones for us neutral lovers.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Rosemary, the whole Brad caper knocked Chanel down a notch.

Teasmade said...

Haha, GOOD ONE, Rosemary! So true.

Seriously, though, GC, I have enough neutral shadow palettes to last until I die, and of everything, blush and eyeshadow are the ones I have vowed not to buy in 2013! This is making it so hard!

Anonymous said...

Please bring back your beiges of Chanel 2008 collection! I would lve to purchase it!!