Sunday, December 23, 2012

Guerlain KissKiss Gloss for Spring 2013

Re-promotes, but who's counting? I adore Guerlain's KissKiss Glosses ($32). These two shades, featured with the Spring 2013 Color Collection, are beautiful. Frizzy Mango (#849) is shown on the left. I featured it in this January 2011 feature. It was part of the Spring 2011 Collection. Cherry Pink (#870) is shown on the right. I featured it in January 2012; it was part of the Spring 2012 Collection. Great colors never die. They just reappear at the perfect time or live on in our memories.

Both of these lip glosses are pigmented, so you get color with your sparkle and shine. Their fabulous non-sticky formula keeps my lips moisturized, while water-resistant and magnifying esters ensure long-lasting effects with a boost of volume. The flat, smooth brush provides accurate application.

KissKiss Gloss is available in three different formulas: Petal Effect gives sheer coverage, Pearl Effect gets a boost of pearly essence, and Gloss Effect provides a subtle sparkling finish. I can't begin to tell you which formula these two are because it is not imprinted on the box or tube. If I had to guess, I'd say Gloss Effect, particularly with Cherry Pink.

I took swatch photos in full sun - today. It was delightful to be promised a full day with sunshine. The rest of the week?  Clouds are in our forecast. I swatched both glosses using their own brushes. Fizzy Mango is shown at the top of my arm, with Cherry Pink below.

Are these shades gorgeous or what? Look at that sparkle! I love it. It's provides an elegant razzle dazzle to your looks, whether worn alone or over your favorite lip color. This is one way to enliven all those velvet-finish lipsticks you purchased this fall because they are the "in thing."

Frizzy Mango is a sparkling peach with a touch of pink. I continue to think it should have been named Fizzy Mango. Cherry Pink is described by Guerlain as a gourmand pastel. I'd call it a vibrant fuchsia pink

They won't take a bad photo. I like using the holly backdrop, but I took photos all over my garden. Guerlain's KissKiss glosses showed me scrumptious color and shine in every location.

I purchased mine from the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas. I've given you their phone number in recent prior posts. Just scroll down. Make sure to ask for Rhonda. She is wonderful. If you need to order from afar, she will take great care of you, sending samples, which many online retailers don't do. Of course, most of us have our favorite Guerlain counters in our local department stores - Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale's. Most of them now have the full Spring 2013 Collection in stock. It has not yet appeared at Sephora.

Photos by Best things in Beauty

17 comments:

Nemo said...

I bought the new CHANEL spring eye quad, Raffinement, yesterday, and tried it today. Went out to the car where the light is the best and liked what I saw. It is really neutral, and nice. Glad I got it. Now I am aiming for the new spring Guerlain Coup d'fourde (sic) quad and the 2 shine lipsticks you featured last week.

morelikespace said...

These are such perfect all-around Spring colours that I'm surprised Guerlain doesn't feature them every year. This collection will be the death of me.

Anonymous said...

Those glosses are super cute.

But not sure why anyone would want to "enliven" their velvet lipsticks- theyre huge for spring, and if I bought it because it was matte, Id rather it stay matte. Its a look.

Who wants to look the SAME ( aka glossy lips) everyday? Its only makeup, play, try something different, have fun. Break out of the box and live a little.

Eileen said...

Aren't these scrumptious colors? I can see why have been available ever since they were originally released. I guess that says a lot about their popularity. They're such beautiful colors and go perfectly with Guerlain's two distinct spring looks. It doesn't surprise me that Guerlain repromoted these two perennial favorites rather than create something new. I'm obviously not the only one who thinks they're the perfect pop of springtime color.

Nemo said...

Eileen, what do you think of the Guerlain spring eye quad, Coup de Foudre?

Eileen said...

Hi Anonymous,

I believe Charlestongirl was offering a suggestion to some of us much older ladies who tried the matte/velvet look and discovered that it was very unforgiving on our pruney old lips. :-( I'm a very adventurous person, know considerably more about makeup than many MA's, and have excellent technique, BUT I'm also a realist and am willing to move on if the look of the moment doesn't suit me. Although "huge for spring", if the matte look doesn't look good on me, it doesn't look good. That has nothing to do with having fun, thinking outside the box, etc. It's just my reality. I bought two gorgeous Rouge Allure Velvets earlier in the year, but they look flat and lifeless on me unless I "enliven" them with a bit of balm. Applying a bit of gloss would just be another option. Having options to make things work for us and enhance our own individual beauty is a good thing.

Eileen said...

Hi Nemo,

I think Coup de Foudre is gorgeous, but the khaki color gives me pause. Khaki is a color that always makes my eye color look drab and dull. The rest of the greens, though, are drop-dead beautiful and the coral really isn't intimidating. Since you like Turandot (love, love, love!), you obviously know how to work with red tones. It's more a question of whether or not your eye color can handle all the green. The counter was very busy the day I went to claim my goodies, but I decided I'd go back one morning after Christmas and do my own makeup application at the counter using Coup de Foudre. If I like the look without the khaki, then I'll get it. I love the lush, verdant concept of the colors. I just hope all the green isn't overwhelming. I'll never know until I try, though :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

Glad you like it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate,

These colors are beautiful - so pretty I bought them again. Can never have too many lip glosses.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

The problem is that I look absolutely sick in matte lipstick. It accentuates my thin lips and makes me looks ghastly.

Gals with thin lips who are aging must have some shine. Younger gals can experiment and "have fun." Fortunately, I know what looks horrid on me. I don't want to be a fashion victim.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I think companies with drop-dead shades need to remind their fickle customers that the colors are ageless. They sure complete the display nicely!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen - again.

I was out finishing my shopping. I must say, "Ditto!"

lola seicento said...

These are so stunning! I thought that I would be able to escape this collection, but these glosses have me weak in the knees!!! Thanks for the gorgeous swatches! Merry Christmas! <3

Anonymous said...

You guys! I think you're all beautiful, and I dont believe in "pruny" lips! Or age barriers. I know I might seem naive, but Charleston Girl, from your pic, youre gorg - I bet you could pull it off if you find a formula that makes you comfortable.



The GA ones are DIVINE. I bought 6 of them during the 20% deal. The two new ones in Chanel spring are also beautiful. I wore the orange out yesterday and got zillions of compliments from men and women alike.

Give it a shot!

Running with Scissors said...

Sparkle-icious! Lucky you! xxx

Eileen said...

Ah, Anonymous!

You're a dear heart and I love your positive attitude. We all have our own special beauty to celebrate and that is true no matter what our age. And, you are so very right about Charlestongirl being gorgeous. Blond, beautiful, and brainy--she's got the whole package :-). And, I think that is true of her readers as well. You are all such a caring, sharing, humorous, thoughtful, and supportive group of men and women who have come together over an appreciation of beauty in all it's many forms. Snarkiness might be the norm on some blogs, but here at BTiB, our gracious hostess and all you wonderful readers make this one of the best places to spend a few moments every day.

You raise an excellent point, Anon, when you say you don't believe in age barriers--neither do I. I do believe, though, that we need to learn to tweak things a bit and make adjustments to accommodate our aging features so that we look chic and modern rather than like we're trying to recapture a youthfulness that is no longer there. I've never ascribed to the theory that women over forty can only wear matte neutrals on their eyes, or that shimmer must be avoided, etc. I do believe, though, that it is important to be honest about ourselves and adjust the trends to suit. For some of us, that time will come earlier than for others. It just depends on how we are physically aging. I could rock just about anything until I hit 65. That's when I noticed that my skin was losing elasticity, that the apples of my cheeks were headed south, and that I was getting more crepeiness in the eye area. Absolutely none of that means I'm ready to throw in the towel. It just means I've had to make some adjustments as I cruise towards 69. I joke with Charlestongirl that we are sexy sexagenarians. I'm going to have to come up with something equally good for when I hit 70 ;-)

Happy Holidays, Anon! Happy Holidays, everyone!

Elizabeth Emma said...

Awesome product.