Wednesday, December 26, 2012

YSL Beauté's Rouge Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Lip Balm from the Spring 2013 Makeup Collection

There are two new YSL Beauté Rouge Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Lip Balms ($30) for Spring 2013: Framboise Craquante (#12) and Moka Griotte (#13). When they arrived at Saks, without the rest of the collection, I grilled the YSL rep to make sure they really were brand new shades. I have purchased every other Sheer Candy Glossy Lip Balm, and I wanted to make sure I didn't have these shades.

It seems a little odd to be featuring spring today. It's cold and grey outside. So far this morning, we had sleet, rain, freezing rain, and snow. Hopefully, it will switch over to all rain very soon. It's a good thing I got photos a few days ago.

I fell in love with YSL's Rouge Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm when it was introduced. The glossy, tinted balm dresses the lips in a sheer veil of brilliant transparent color boosted with vitamin-laden and antioxidant-rich fruit extracts. Its ultra-light texture leaves my lips feeling soft and hydrated and looking shiny - just the way I like them. The juicy, sheer color is perfect for any time of year; its soothing, moisturizing texture feels sublime.

Framboise Craquante (#12) is the pink shown at left above; Moka Griotte (#13) is on the right. I swatched with  #12 at the top of my arm and #13 below.

You can see they are very sheer. These tinted lip balms provide just enough color, while making my lips feel spoiled. I can wear every shade because they are sheer - even the corals!

Moka Griotte looks particularly stunning when combined with the rose pigment in my lips. I wore it yesterday. I love these tinted balms so much, I'm wondering if I should start to hoard them. You know how companies discontinue your favorite everythings? My bras, for example.

What's totally unfair to U.S. shoppers is that there is a third, surprising shade that is exclusive to Selfridges. Selfridges is not anywhere near my shopping haunts. It's called Frosted Mint (#11), and it's light turquoise blue. You can see it at MakeUp4All. I really want it.

I found my Rouge Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Lip Balm from the Spring 2013 Makeup Collection at Saks Fifth Avenue at Chevy Chase. I see that Nordstrom has them too, so I suspect they are arriving at counters everywhere.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, Cahrlestongirl! I got a good laugh out of the notion of hoarding bras. My favorite was discontinued last year and I still haven't found a suitable replacement!

As for the sheer candy lip balms, those are two lovely options. I'm never, ever without lip balm for my chronically dry lips so it might as well be a pretty one :-)

Polarbelle said...

What is it about bras that when you finally find a style that fits, they discontinue it after three years? It's like Lancôme skin care. That whole thing doesn't make me try something new from them, it sent me to other brands cuz I was so irritated by the whole ray race. Bras are different, you have to almost stay within the same brand if you're hard to fit. /end rant

At any rate, I think I neeeeeeed the pink lippie!!! I'm into light pink flushes currently so it does sound like a need, doesn't it? They're both beautiful.

Gail said...

Very pretty. Are these scented?

Judith DM said...

Gotta laugh about your (our) favorite things being discontinued. My mother is 98 years young and just about everything from toe to head that she loved has been discontinued! Especially clothing, all aimed for the younger! We shop catalogues and we are not talking Neimans or Saks or even Nordstrom or Macy's! I love these and intend to pick up one or two! Even in LA it is chapped lip time, we actually do go from heated homes to slightly chilly outsides. I want to wish you a fabulous coming year, and look forward to your posts, as if it were not for you I would never venture out, The Knee has made it difficult, but as you say, you try so we don't have to! I don't know what happened bur those crazy letters that I could never get right, thus could not post, have been much cleaner! Maybe lots of complaints!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Seriously, is it not a universal problem? You find a bra you like, it's perfect, and it's gone. My very simple Warner was perfect, and it sold well for over 10 years. So why discontinue? I looked the other day and found nothing just like it. Bummed.

Charlestongirl said...

Polarbelle, it's a conspiracy against women. I'm sure of it.

You will love the pink shade. Feels much better than non-perfect bras. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gail,

The Sheer Candy's do have a slight fruity fragrance, much like the other Rouge Voluptés. I don't notice it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Judith,

One of the best decisions I ever made - should have made it earlier - was to have my knee replaced. That knee is my rock now.

Your poor mom! I can't keep a bra for 10 years, so imagine: 10 times that of the continuous search for a suitable one (if she still bothers). :)

Happy New Year!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Moka Griotte is very subtle but extremely gorgeous. I NEED this!! :D


Hope you had a very merry Christmas, CG!!

Bettina said...

oy, another "to look out for" product. especially since I like the mix of lip balm and color and shine.
I should not read this blog :) kiddin'. I enjoy reading it. As a result I have a few more products on my mental I would like to check out further. The BB powder, the Guerlain meteorites, the Chanel Merveille gloss and these Rouge Volupte Balms.

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, it's the prefect sheer, neutral brown. Love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bettina, at least you have a list to focus your shopping, she says meekly.