Monday, February 18, 2013

Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #210 from the Mediterranean Beauty Collection

Last week, I was able to show you Clé de Peau Beauté's Mediterranean Beauty Collection. Eye Color Quad ($55 or $80) in #209. Today, we'll check out #210. Both add a touch of blue - although different hues - to a neutral palette. If you'd like, you can see a short film featuring La Beauté Mediterranéé at the Clé de Peau Web site. Radiance becomes you!

A new collection inspired by a sunlit Mediterranean sky and clear blue sea stretching to infinity. A white hot sun blanching the earth. Bathe in its aura. Glow with its captivating radiance and limitless beauty. Lips are lustrous. Eyes glisten like jewels, reflecting the lucidity of the sea. The look expresses the pure energy and stunning allure of the Mediterranean.

I purchased both new quads from the Mediterranean Beauty Collection at Neiman Marcus. As with all the new items, I opted for the refills, so you will see a plastic container below. The compact adds an extra $25, which adds up when you buy one of the quads. Since they take up less space when stacked in my bathroom, I'm perfectly happy with the refills.

Layers of light in whispers of color. More than eye shadow, it's the feeling of light and translucence. Soft shades combine with skin-care benefits to achieve delicate depth and refinement.

The skin-care benefits to which Clé de Peau Beauté refers are argan tree oil, which provides smooth application and hydrating wear, and Clé de Peau's proprietary advanced moisturizing Hydro-Wrap Complex. Somehow, the ingredients the company uses combine to produce luxurious makeup.

Quad #210 reinforces Clé de Peau's blue seas theme with one blue shade to add contrast to the neutrals. I took swatch photos in full, afternoon sun. I applied all four shades heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator.

I swatched from left to right in the palette, top to bottom on my arm. The gold shade at the top of my arm is a perfect gold, a nice pigment that applies evenly to the skin, providing a perfect sheen. It's a light gold, which adds a nice contrast to the darker browns and blue.

The copper-toned brown provides a bit of subtle sparkle that flatters the eyes. The true blue is vibrant. Blue and brown has always been one of my favorite clothing color combinations. Now I'll see if these two bring that combination to fore among my favorite eye looks.

The brown at the bottom of my arm is applied heavily. As a result, it looks muddy. It's a prettier shade when applied lightly - appropriately. It does look great as an eyeliner, as it was intended to be used, given its size in the palette: small. Wear brown mascara, not black, and you'll have a fresh, new, beachy look.

Of the two new Eye Color Quads, #209 is my favorite. It's lighter and better suited to my pale complexion. I think this one, #210, was designed for woman who like or can wear more color.

I'd recommend you stop by a Clé de Peau Beauté counter and explore the magnificent new colors. Or, check them out online at the Clé de Peau Beauté Web site. I have photos of the new Enhanced Lip Luminizers and promise I'll post them very soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Eileen said...

#210 Aquamarine has all the coppery depth that my eyes adore. This is the one I'm waiting to try later this week. Because I'm an older woman, I'm really loving and appreciating these gorgeous pops of color we're seeing in some of the spring palettes as opposed to full on color from lid to brow. No 1970's flashbacks here! LOL. I love my makeup to look fresh and modern without looking trendy and Clé de Peau and Armani have given us some excellent examples of rocking the blue trend without straying into extreme territory. I think it is also nice that Clé de Peau has given us two palettes for women of different coloring. When I first saw the promo of Amanda Seyfried wearing #209 Sapphire, I thought she looked stunning but I knew without a doubt that the colors would not suit me. Then, when I saw pictures of #210 Aquamarine, my interest was piqued. Your swatches have confirmed that these are my kind of colors :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

You had mentioned that you thought this would be your fave. I like it, particularly the gold, but I think 209 is better for my coloring.

What I really love about CdP is that their formulas are fantastic. No fall-out - ever!

That film features Seyfried. It's one of those image photos, not informative, but it sets the mood for the collection.

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Ditto about the formula of the Clé de Peau quads. I've never had any problems with fallout, either. I also love how the shadows remain vibrant and smooth all day and well into the night--even without a primer! True, my lids are dry and I don't have any hooding so creasing is never an issue for me anyway, but that the colors still look so fresh many hours letter is something special.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh and the formula! With quad this good, I wonder how CdP put out last seasons mono shadows that were soooo bad.

BooBooNinja said...

Clé de Peau quads are breathtaking. CG, do you have an all-time favourite? Do you prefer the quads or the singles?

Charlestongirl said...

Definitely the quads, BooBoo, and not the singles. No all-time favorites.