Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tarte QVC Exclusive - Journey to Natural Beauty Six-Piece Collection for Spring 2013

I was the lucky recipient of a fabulous Tarte Journal to Naural Beauty Six-Piece Collection ($59.94) that will go on sale officially at QVC on Tuesday, February 5. Actually, I discovered that you can order it now. It's an amazing value, with $165 worth of products for roughly $60.I love it - everything about it except that the foundation is not my shade. See below because one of you lucky readers could win the medium shade.

You can start your journey to natural beauty with this collection of essentials infused with the best-kept secrets of the Amazon. This hand-selected set comes with a chic, travel-friendly bag, making it the perfect accessory to face any adventure. Actually, when I saw the bag, I though Missoni. It's much nicer than your average makeup bag because it's large - and the designer pattern is very cool.

What's in the collection? All the items are shown above and described below.

A new Brow Architect Shaper, Liner & Definer is a three-in-one brow perfector that shapes and defines the brows with ease. First, you use the concealer to hide strays and shape the brow with this underscoring concealer. Then fill in the brows where needed with the universal wedge-ended pencil. For the perfect finish, use the comb to make your brows stay the way you want them. There are three shade options: fair-light, medium-tan, and deep. This item retails for $25.

The new Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara is housed in a flashy gold case. This mascara will take your lashes to the extreme. It's clinically proven to increase lash volume by 725% for a black, intensified look. The mascara retails for $23.

I am totally smitten with the Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush ($32). It does an amazing job of airbrushing your foundation - any foundation. I love the handle, but the real power is in the bristles.

The Amazonian Clay 12- hour Full Coverage Foundation ($38) will help you achieve better, longer, and truer wear thanks to Tarte's Skintuitive Amazonian Clay. With a weightless texture that is buildable and blendable, anyone can attain skin that looks healthy and natural. There are five shade options, from fair to deep. I am sure I'd be fair, but I was sent the medium shade. You can see a swatch photo below.

The blush and lipstick are covet-worthy. Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($26) imparts a natural-looking flush when you dust Tarte's award-winning Amazonian clay on the apples of your cheeks. This nutrient-rich and skin-nourishing blush restores the skin's harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day. This new warm pink shade, Fearless, is stunning.

I took swatch photos in full sun. In the photo above, I applied Fearless heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator and heavily below with a kabuki brush. The rose pink is a bit sparkly and very pretty.

The Amazonian Butter Lipstick ($24) will drench your lips in moisture. Infused with nutrient-rich cupuccu and murumuru butter, this cream lip color will soften your lips beautifully. The new shade in the collection is Plummy Rose.

I love it! It has sheer color and shine and offers my lips a moist, comfy feeling. It doesn't get better than that.

Here is a swatch photo of Plummy Rose with the medium foundation below. As you can see, medium is too dark for my skin tone, although it's not extremely dark.

I don't want this fabulous Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation to go waste. I haven't checked with Tarte to get permission; I didn't expect to find them over the weekend when I had this idea. I will check with them tomorrow. I wish to give away the foundation to someone who will give it a good home and good face. If you are interested in having it and think the shade will work for you, please send me an e-mail to bestthingsinbeautycontests@gmail.com. After a few days, I will use random.org to draw a winner and notify her. I will not be announcing the winner on the site. If Tarte is uncomfortable with my idea, I will amend this offer tomorrow.

As for the rest of the set, it's mine! I wouldn't even think of letting it go. It's love.

You can order your Journey to Natural Beauty Six-Piece Collection from QVC. You will see where you can select your skin tone, and QVC will send you the right shades. The blush and lipstick will be the same as you see above in all sets. Tune in to QVC on Tuesday, February 5, from midnight-1:00 am, 10:00-11:00 am, 3:00-4:00 pm, or 7:00-8:00 pm, all ET, to see the set featured.

Photo at top courtesy of QVC; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Amy said...

I think I'm going to have to get this. The Gifted mascara and this brush are in my Sephora shopping bag right now- and the price for those two items alone = the price for this set. That's a no brainer. Is the mascara a full size or a mini? Thank you:)

Lauren said...

I think I may have to get it for the lipstick!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Amy, yes, it's full-sized! Great value. Sorry, I was over at Mom's. Delayed response.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lauren,

The lipstick is REALLY pretty.

Crista said...

I set up auto delivery this morning--can't wait!

Unknown said...

I just set up auto delivery for this collection.

Meredith said...

Beautiful! It looks like Missoni designed the bag and brush. Very pretty set!

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Crista! That was a commitment. :)

Charlestongirl said...

You too, Martha! That was a commitment.

Charlestongirl said...

Meredith,

One of the nicest bags I've seen lately. Very designer-ish!