Thursday, February 21, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté "Step-up" Gift with Purchase at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie

The "regular" Le Métier de Beauté Gift with Purchase (GWP) during Neiman Marcus's Beauty Event is a snazzy liquid eyeliner in Bark. Even better, Michael Reinhardt can offer you a step-up GWP, a duo in a black, monogrammed pouch: a Brown as a Berry True Color Eyeshadow Duo and a mini Anamorphic Lash Mascara. This gift is so good, I'd pay for it! You can't though. It's free with a qualifying Le Métier de Beauté purchase.

The eye shadow colors are so pretty, I swatched them heavily before I started swatching the Melange de Colour Fashion Eye Palette (which has been interrupted as I wait for the clouds to roll by and leave me with the sunny sky I was promised). I swatched Brown as a Berry with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full, morning sun.

The fleshy, dusty peach-rose is a hard shade to categorize, other than by the use of a word like "stunning." A  heaven-sent taupe perfects this magnificent duo. Both shades offer a subtle sheen - not a shimmer, but a look-at-me liveliness that's ultra-flattering.

Why has this eye shadow duo not been available since the founding of Le Métier de Beauté? Where has it been hiding? How can you get it?

Call (or visit) Michael Reinhardt at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. Ask for Michael. Tell him Best Things in Beauty sent you and work with him to select your new Le Métier de Beauté treasures. You can reach him at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236. I believe the Melange de Colour Fashion Eye Palette, as I warned, is nearly sold out, however, Michael can try to get you one from another store. Don't delay!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for posting swatches of the GWP - what a pretty duo! Do you happen to know the step-up amount? $125 or something higher? Thanks!

Virginie said...

Hi Charleston Girl,

How do you to take such nice pictures?? I tried my self today, of different product, so hard!!!! Please give me your tips!! ;-))

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I will find out later today when I go there. Or you could call.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

Shop for a camera that takes color-true photos. When I selected my Panasonic micro four-thirds camera, I took swatch samples with the model and the Olympus one and selected the one that yielded the truest colors.

Take your photos in strong, natural light. It makes all the difference in the world.

Have a steady hand. :) Set your camera for close-up/flower settings. Use the right lens.

That's about it!

Anonymous said...

I just called Michael--he is absolutely love and so knowledgeable!

For those of you that are curious, the step-up gift requires a $275 purchase.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey thanks, Anonymous. I e-mailed him, but I'll bet he is working his butt off today. :)

Unknown said...

Is the step up gift for Le Metier de Beaute at all Neiman Marcus stores?

Anonymous said...

I do not think this step-up gift is available at all stores... My store (San Diego) did not have it. I bet it's something special that just Michael has....

Virginie said...

Thank you!! I actually have a very good camera, Canon 50D I guess I don't know how to use it! Will see what an I do....

Unknown said...

I called the store in Charlotte,NC and they did not get it. I would have called DC to order it if I would have know about this "Step-up" gift before hand. I picked up my bag, eye palette and a few other things yesterday. I'm new to Le Metier de Beaute(love it) and Neiman's Beauty Bag so maybe I will get lucky next time. Thank you Charleston Girl for all your lovely advice on your blog. Tatcha is another company that I am now using products from and just love them. Tatcha's customer service is just wonderful. Lots of company could learn from them.

I did get a call back form my SA here in Charlotte and he said that DC is all out of the Brown as a Berry True Color Eyeshadow Duo.

Meredith said...

Another special gift going on at Armani website is 15% off $75 or more with code ARMANI13 21rst-24th. Plus, a full size pink gloss with $75 or more, code GLOSS 21rst-28th.. I'm going to see if they have the new eye quad Mirage that you reviewed, really pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Anonymous,

The step-up is ONLY available at Mazza.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh gosh what a lovely duo! I just looove the combination of pink and soft brown on the eyes! Dang...I wish I could buy this!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Martha, I was there at 6:45, and Michael was not out of step-up gifts at that point.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Meredith!

Charlestongirl said...

Martha,

Since you were misinformed, Michael said to call him. His phone is on this post. I believe he has one for you.