Saturday, February 9, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Perhaps the original Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Balms were too light for your tastes (they were perfect for me). Maybe you're ready for a change. Either way, the new Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balms ($16) are an exciting introduction. They provide a soft cushion of color that's not quite opaque, but close.

Loaded with mango and shea butters, these wonderful sticks will make your lips pop and feel comfortably soft and smooth. The eight vibrant shades all called my name. I had to exercise overwhelming discipline to select only three on my first round, an online order at Clinique.com.

After agonizing over it for a few minutes, I selected 06 Roomiest Rose, 07 Broadest Berry, and 08 Grandest Grape. They are shown directly above in that order.

I took my swatch photos in morning sunlight. I think you could agree that all three colors are stunning.

Roomiest Rose t the top of my arm is gorgeous. What a pure rose! I'd love to have a vase of real roses in that color. Broadest Berry, in the middle, is that brown rose to which I always gravitate. It's a perfect color for me.

Grandest Grape, shown at the bottom in my swatch photos, is a grape-leaning, cool-toned rose. Magnificent!

These lipsticks (literally) are very pigmented. These three are plenty dark on me. They are not as shiny as they appear in my swatches, primarily because of the direct sun. If you want shine, you should add a lip gloss over them.

I definitely want to try another one - probably Chunkiest Chili. You can purchase them at Clinique's Web site, where you can buy two (for lips or eyes) and get free shipping with the code CHUBBY. They are also available at all Clinique counters (and their equivalent store online sites).

Photo at top courtesy of Clinique; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Running with Scissors said...

Wow, gorgeous colours. They are definitely the ones I would have chosen as well.

grlnxdor said...

I think I need to revisit Clinique. Those eye sticks you reviewed the other day are beautiful--really loved the two green toned ones. I've never tried this type of makeup before. I need to get to the mall!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christy,

They are - and they are so inexpensive!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi grlnxdor,

It seems like Clinique is getting hip!

Paula said...

THis is so apropos for the summer heat ! THanks for reminding us, Charleston Girl....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Paula,

You mean when you leave your lipstick in the car, and it melts?

Annick said...

Great swatches! I purchased Chunky Chilli and love it. I really wanted Roomiest Rose but they were sold out :(2259 rkInPD

Unknown said...

I want Roomiest Rose and Curviest Caramel. Clinique can you please, please, PLEASE launch these in India soon???

Jenni said...

gorgeous! i have loads of chubby sticks and still counting - they look like cute crayons in a box so i feel the urge to collect the colors of the rainbow :D