Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Shimmer 4-Color Eyeshadow Palette in #10

The last of Giorgio Armani's new palettes, Eyes to Kill Shimmer 4-Color Eye Shadow Palettes ($59), that I purchased is #10 (Mirage). It features peachy neutral shades. You can see the first two quads I purchased by scrolling down.

The innovation in Armani's eye shadows is in the formulation: intense pigment that produces a satin, pearly veil, amplifying light. The four new Eyes to Kill Quad Shimmers are said to feature iridescent, eye-catching colors with electric shine and shimmer. "Irresistible with its extremely soft appeal, the eye shadow arms the eyes with a flawless weapon all day long." I don't see electric shine in any of the palettes I purchased, and I suspect you won't find it in the fourth one either. That part of the description was lost something in translation. However, the new quads are fabulous. You can read more about them here.

I couldn't show you the photo Neiman Marcus shows as #10. It bears no resemblance to my photo of #10 above. There is no photo on the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site. Both the box and the compact I have are marked #10, and it was displayed with the other three at Neiman Marcus. I also verified that it is new. This may be the only color-true photo of the quad in existence today.

I took photos in full sun, fortunately, because today we are having another cloudy, rainy day. Sun has been at a premium this winter. I swatched each shade, top to bottom in the quad, with a sponge-tipped applicator, top to bottom on my arm.

As you can see, three of the shades are pastels. The pink-leaning peach at the top of my arm is divine, offering a sheen that will light up your face. The golden ivory provides a subtle shimmer. Actually, all four shades offer a subtle shimmer, unlike the other new palettes that mix shimmer with satin.

What looks peach in the compact is really a gold-peach hybrid. It's a stunning shade - one that you can use any way, as a base shade or for contouring. The brown is warm with a glimmer that coordinates exuberantly with the other three shades. All four shades are sheer and buildable. A wash of these colors on your eyelids will enhance your eye color - blue, green, or brown.

I am really excited about #10. Those of you who fell in love with the taupes of #11 will probably need #10 too. It's a dynamite eye shadow palette.

You can purchase three of the four shades at the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site. I'm sure this one will arrive sooner or later. You can find all four at Neiman Marcus (click on the Neiman Marcus link to see all four palettes, but pay no attention to their photo of #10). One or two would be a great addition to your Beauty Event purchase. If they aren't at your favorite Armani counter now, I'm sure that they will arrive soon.

I will be attempting to find out why there is such a discrepancy in photos, but for now, I'm sticking with my story. This is prettier anyhow. I think I need a back-up.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Eileen said...

Boy, am I in trouble! Even more Armani goodness to check out tomorrow. Should I leave my credit card at home? Nah! They'll just look up my number for me. LOL. If these are half as beautiful as your pictures indicate, these two palettes will be taking up residence chez moi :-) That peach shade is particularly lovely. In your photo it looks like a peach with a gold pearl. Beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I'm not thrilled with my swatch photos. The colors are even prettier!

Mel said...

Yeap, it's official: between this one, the gorgeous taupe one, the green-lover's dream one and - my wishlist leftover - Pantelleria, next month I'll be broke. Gorgeous, CharlestonGirl, but broke nonetheless.
On a serious note though, the color coordination of the Armani palettes is spot-on. That's a huge compliment coming from me, because I seriously don't like palettes. The only ones I own are from Armani... I love the texture of the shades and the effortless sophistication that has become his trademark.
And I can't wait for the new mono eyeshadows that are about to launch! Do you happen to know when, Charleston Girl?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

This one would be for me! I love the colors, and there's not too much shimmer for me. More of a glow...

Laci said...

Trying. To. Ignore. Prettiness.

And yes this looks nothing like the photo on Neiman's site. Maybe that's the reason I didn't bother looking at this one twice when I ordered Mystery last night.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

For some reason--based on the description--I didn't think I'd like this one as much as the other 3 I had been eyeing but WOW! I think this might just actually be my favorite! LOVE this and need it now! :P

BeautyTraveler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BeautyTraveler said...

Gorgeous!

angusmum1 said...

This is my favourite by far! All the shades look appealing and think would be very flattering offering just enough colour to be more than a basic neutral yet still soft and wearable. I hope I can figure out a way to purchase this, it is one of the nicest palettes I have seen this season. Thanks for sharing the true colour, what a difference it makes.

Evelyn said...

I so don't like peach and yet this one is jumping up and down saying buy me! buy me! lol But I have to be patient, my friend's 40th is coming up and chipping in for a party has to edge out the Armani for the moment. It's on my list now though! :)

solanace said...

These are gorgeous, so hard to choose!

Brenda Penton said...

My favorite one so far! I really like these colors.

Dlori said...

I'm not real big on taupe but I have to admit that this palette is truly amazing.

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, everyone, I am behind on comments. I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Bought 2 of these. At first I loved the silky texture and satin like finish. However when applying on eyes the powder did not tend to stay in one place. I tried a couple of times but had to give up at the end. Just sold one of them last week, thinking to return the unopened one to SephoraT_T. Love your swatching though, these shades look awesome on your arms!