Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New: Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds Are Singing...Long-lasting Eye Shadow

I finally received my new Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds Are Singing...Long-lasting Eye Shadows ($27) in Snowy Egret (shown above) and Eclipse Eagle (shown below). I had waited until they made their way to Beautyhabit in California. It wasn't the earliest source, but it was the easiest.

The firefly festival is eagerly awaited all year in the Enchanted Garden. For then on this very special day, the best voices of the bird world feed on tiny fireworks to embellish their voices and then gather to perform a single concert together. Their jubilant musical notes are inscribed in a syrup of figs and milk and preserved in tiny pots to be enjoyed all year round. Like this golden froth of musical syrup, When Birds Are Singing... eye shadows are a time-defying exotic enigma. This is plumage to adorn you in shades as deliciously mellow as soft silence that flows, or as brilliantly potent as jeweled notes. So addictive are these morsels that you’ll be causing your own kaleidoscopic ripples every time you wear them.

These beautiful eye shadows merit the beautiful, fanciful story. The powder eye shadows have a fabulous lightweight, creamy touch and superior adherence to the skin. This formula creates pure dynamic iridescence while it maintains second skin effect. It offers extended eight-hour wear that will stay perfect and look freshly applied all day. Orange-derived flavonoid in the formula improves blood microcirculation, enhances luminosity, and scavenges free radicals.

I own so many shades of this wonderful eye shadow, I was excited when two new ones were announced. Snowy Egret is described as a smoked, pale gold iridescence. It might be mistaken for silvery white in the compact, but on my skin, I see the ultra-pale yellow hue.

Eclipse Eagle is described as a dark brown-grey plum with platinum iridescence, the richer and darker sister of Delicate Hummingbird. On my skin, it's way more brown-grey than it is plum - unless you look at it in strong light. Then the plum reveals itself. That's my kind of plum: mixed with other shades to keep it from looking too purple.

I took swatch photos in full, morning sun. I swatched both relatively heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator.

These exquisite shades are stunning when worn together - and they are just as fetching when worn alone or with other shadows. I am thrilled with them.

I think you can see the plum fairly well in the photo directly above. As a rule, plums don't excite me. They often make my eyes look red. Eclipse Eagle has so many other hues, it works! Snowy Egret is in a class of its own. I don't think the yellow tone shows up well in my photos. Trust me; it's the palest yellow.

I know some of you have tried them. What did you think? Rouge Bunny Rouge is available at Rouge Bunny Rouge (where shipping costs were just lowered), Zuneta (where there is a 20% off sale with code VALENTINE until February 14), and Beautyhabit.

Photos at top courtesy of Beautyhabit; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Suselew said...

I just ordered these two also at Beautyhabit! Can't wait to get them but unfortunately, BH ships snail mail and being in Michigan, I would guess I won't see them this week (BH is in CA). I was disappointed that Zuneta is either out of stock or doesn't have them yet. I did order a few other RBR shadow refills from them. However, I think the timeliness of their customer services responses are poor (FOUR days)so I only order from them when they have a sale. I want to depot my entire RBR shadow collection (have 5 in the RBR pots and the rest I am ordering as refills) so I can grab the entire collection (using Z Pallettes) at one time.

Evelyn said...

I actually did order these from Zuneta the other day (before the 20% off lol). I wasn't sure if they would work for me but I actually put them on together on one eye as a trial and forgot I had them on - as is typical I got distracted by other things I needed to do. After awhile I happened to glance in a mirror and wow! they looked beautiful on. Better than I expected together and useful on their own as well.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Suselaw,

Yes, it takes seven calendar days for me to get my BH orders, but it is free.

I always get fabulous service from Zuneta. You are the first one who has ever mentioned a complaint. I'm surprised.

Anyhow, great shadows. You will love them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

Isn't it interesting how well these two look together?

Adriana said...

These are gorgeous shades, they may well have to be my first RBR purchase.

Charlestongirl said...

Be prepared for addiction, Adriana!

QuietDawn6 said...

RBR offer an amazing customer service and I always receive my orders with many samples. Right now they seem to have a special for Valentine's with any order over 50€ (I'm from Germany) you get a free sheer color lipstick.

Unknown said...

If you try Ulta's "Mystique" eye shadow you'll see its the exact same as the second color, "Eclipse Eagle." Its also a good match for the color you featured months ago as a new unusual contour color for the cheeks. And at only $2 on sale like it is now, its beyond a bargain as it can be used in more than one way.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm officially addicted to RBR's products. And I can thank you for introducing me to a brand that I had read about on other blogs, but hadn't gone for. YOU, on the other hand, always have such a trustworthy, authoritative voice, that I couldn't resist trying out RBR, and I'm SO happy I did! I'm glad that you're always honest with your reviews and I can trust your opinion!

Suselew said...

Ok, I'm confused. The refills I got today from BeautyHabit (yes, they got here very fast...despite USPS) and they are 2g. However, the four I already have are 2.4g each (in the containers). Is RBR going to all 2g sizes? I was going to depot my four, but I wanted the sizes consistent with my refills and 15 of them fit perfectly in my Z palette.

Bonnie C. said...

The Snowy Egret looks lovely, these shadows have such an interesting (and nice) mix of hues, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so complex with such a good result. :-)