Friday, February 1, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Blushing Fabric from the Spring 2013 Pop Collection

Giorgio Armani Beauty has introduced two new, limited-edition Blushing Fabric ($39) shades for Spring 2013 with the Pop Collection: High Density Orange, #8, and Fuchsia, #9. Either shade will create a pop of color that transforms into a soft flush when it makes contact with the skin.

Blushing Fabric is a micro-blend of water-soluble pigments that creates a luminous and luxurious fabric-like finish with incredible transparency. Inspired by Armani's finest couture fabrics - silks and chiffon - this sensuous "textiled" color wraps the skin in weightless perfection.

Blushing Fabric is like wearing a "colored layer of air" on your skin. Formulated with Armani's MicroFil 3D technology, it creates your "second-skin blush." The unique MicroFil 3D formulations in Armani makeup products are characterized by lightness and fluidity, facilitating seamless blending and layering to enhance the natural glow of the skin.

As you might expect, I selected #9, Fuchsia. High Density Orange is actually a pretty peach on my skin, but I'll get more wear out of #9.

You must try Blushing Fabric in order to understand how it will look on your face. Don't ever let the color on the tube dissuade you from trying these long-lasting blushes. It takes only the tiniest drop, about the size of the head of a pin (or less), to make you blush. You might think the 20 ml tube is "stingy," but when you see how little product is needed per application, you'll realize the tube will last for years.

I applied #9 exactly as I would wear it on my skin - by blending a tiny drop on my arm. I used my finger to apply and blend, but you could use Armani's Blender Brush or any cream blush brush. Or just stick with your fingers. Make sure that you use very little and blend quickly before it sets. You can always build the color, but it's hard to subtract it. It's a bit like a stain.

You can see why #9 was dubbed Fuchsia. It has a vibrant hue, even though it's perfectly wearable by us pale faces. I blended the swatch on my arm, although I left enough unblended product to produce decent swatch photos.

Pretty, isn't it? I'm not sure why Armani Beauty made the new shades limited editions. They fit in perfectly with and extend the range of the previously introduced shades.

I wish I could suggest you look at the shades at the Giorgio Armani Web site. They show them on the Pop Collection page, but when you get to the Blushing Fabric Page, #8 and #9 are not shown as available. I suspect that will be rectified soon. I purchased my #9 at Saks Fifth Avenue. I'm sure most Armani counters will have these new little darlings soon.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charleston girl,

Love it!

Ps- bergdorfs AND saks in NYC got the new tom ford lip shines in this week! You're my high end Shero, so I'm hoping you can swatch them before anyone else!

The rest of the spring collection consists of seven items and won't be out until march.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I LOVE when blush melds with your skin and looks just like a glow from running, a brisk walk, or... This is a beautiful color! Chalk up another win for Armani!

bisbee said...

Charleston Girl - question about the Rouge Sheer lipsticks - besides the 2 nude shades, there's 500 - is that an old shade? Thanks! The nudes are not for me...

Anonymous said...

Love these. I got both, 1 as a gift from my fab SA :) Also like that they can be used on the lips as well. Have a good weekend.

Anne

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Anonymous! Good tip!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, MamaVal,

I do too. It's so natural. Armani never slips and falls. It's amazing.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Bisbee, 500 is "old." It is called Ecstasy, and there are swatch photos on my blog.

Charlestongirl said...

Anne, what a nice SA you have! I'd kill to be treated that well.

Anonymous said...

If you're ever in Scotland.......As we say in this neck of the woods, he's a wee gem :)

Anne

Charlestongirl said...

That's a good one, Anne! He is short.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous. And it looks so foolproof that even I can use it!! :D

bisbee said...

Thanks CG - I think I'm going to order it anyway...along with some of the other older colors...like 400. I LOVE this formulation! The Face Fabric blush in Fuschia will also be mine!

Meredith said...

Hi CG, Are you sure #9 is new? I could swear I have that one a few years back or am I confused?

Charlestongirl said...

It is, Becca. Just get the hang of how little you need to squeeze out.

Charlestongirl said...

Have fun, Bisbee!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Meredith!

Pretty sure. Armani says it is new, and you will note the numbers are higher than the previously introduced shades.

Meredith said...

OK, I must be thinking of something else. It looks lovely, just what I like so I'll order one from NM.

Anonymous said...

How pretty!! I wasn't expecting that color to come out of that tube! All of these spring collections have really outdone themselves this year!

Makeup Remastered said...

These blushing fabrics really give a great flush to the cheeks- and since you use such a small amount last for ages- my tube is still full!

Editor said...

Such beautiful color, so gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PaintedLady!

Yep. Plus, Loyd put the Rose Bliss Palette on me today, and I had to buy it. Wow, does it look good!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeup Remastered,

Yes, they last forever. I still have my originals, and they are fine.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Solarride!

Ditto!

Meredith said...

I think I must have had #5 back then. They both look to be beautiful fuchsia colors. I should receive mine on the 5th so then, I'll be able to compare colors and sort this out.

Charlestongirl said...

Meredith

I could probably find my #5. The question is, "Do I have time?" :)

Jenni said...

what a breath-taking glow! I"d love them if they don't feel so silicone-y!

Lucy said...

The Armani formulations seem so well suited to my skin. Thank you for posting on this, and the color looks luscious especially on you.

beccaanne said...

These are gorgeous! One of them may just be my first Armani beauty purchase! I hope they're available where I live.

Unknown said...

That is really good. I love al the products of Armani. I think this is worlds best brand.

Anonymous said...

@meredith
Is finally the 9 fushia similar to the 5 ?
thanks

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, here is a swatch of #5. Karla has a different skin tone than I do. Without seeing them side by side, it's hard to say they are the same. Clearly, they are similar.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://karlasugar.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Armani-Summer-2011-light-blush.jpg&imgrefurl=http://karlasugar.net/2011/05/armani-summer-2011/&h=600&w=800&sz=158&tbnid=kgAg2FLhxbEkiM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=123&zoom=1&usg=__qnNkq1wd_6y3QQ46uC8TfrzcVKw=&docid=skmnHS7EzOz2fM&sa=X&ei=-10lUdvnB87w0QHfjYCoBg&ved=0CEAQ9QEwAg&dur=367

Charlestongirl said...

Here is another - easy to find using Google. This photo makes it look quite a bit darker than this one.

http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/10/giorgio-armani-blushing-fabric-swatches.html