Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Eight New Shades

Inspired by Laura Mercier's cult classic Caviar eyeliner, Caviar Stick Eye Colour ($24) offers a new technique to create a glam eye look. In a range of eight beautiful shades, this creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless eye. Each convenient stick is long-wearing, transfer-resistant, and crease-resistant. The color glides onto the eyelids and blends easily, with rich color payoff.

The new shades for Winter 2013 are Seashell, Orchid, Sugar Frost, Sand Glow, Mint Snow, Rosegold, Gray Pearl, and Pink Opal. I poked my toes in the fresh water with Sugar Frost and Rosegold (of course). In my photo directly above, Rosegold is shown in the left; Sugar Frost is shown at right.

These wonderful cream eye shadows adhere to my eyelids for a very long time. Once they set, which happens quickly, they don't budge. I love both the shades I purchased - and I love the shades I already have.

I took swatch photos in full, mid-day sun. I swatched directly from the tubes, making no effort to blend them (they do blend easily). The sun added extra sheen to the already glowing shades. Rosegold is shown at the top of my arm, with Sugar Frost below.

I love using Rosegold to swipe and go. Some glowing color on the lid under the crease accentuates the color of my eyes. Plus, I'm a rose gold kind of gal. I love the color! Sugar Frost is a perfect base color for any other cream shadow. I tried it with Khaki, and it looked fabulous.

You can purchase Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick Eye Colours at Laura Mercier counters, and online at Laura Mercier's Web site (where I purchased mine) and Bluemercury - along with other online retailers.

Photo at top courtesy of Laura Mercier; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi CG, I am a loyal reader and absolutely love your writing and blog. I just wanted to tell you how excited I am because last night I pre-ordered the LMdB palette online at BG, with a bunch of other goodies. Thank you so much for giving us the heads up on this little beauty, it has been the most lust worthy beauty product I have experienced for a long time.

Have a fabulous day!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kristina! That's so sweet - thanks!

Running with Scissors said...

HI CG, I have one of the original colours, Amethyst. It is probably the colour I reach for most! I was skulking around the Laura Mercier counter at our biggest department store recently and the SA told me new colours were on their way! We have to wait another month or two, but I'm so excited.

thanks for giving me a sneak preview!

Christy

Charlestongirl said...

Cool, Christy! I have Amethyst too. Pretty color!

Wendy said...

I chose Rosegold when I saw them at Sephora last week. Of all the colors, Rosegold appealed to me most as an easy to wear, everyday shade. Seashell looked a bit too yellow for my liking. I love the shimmery, creamy texture. It glides on easier than Chanel's cream eyeshadow. I haven't yet swatched it against Chanel's creamy emerveille to compare the color. Rosegold looks just a beautiful on my NC35 skin as it does on yours.

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, I love every rose gold I've ever purchased. I am such a pushover for the color - and the real thing. :)

They do glide on perfectly. Love these!

Annick said...

Rosegold looks AMAZING! I'd love to layer this with a bronze shade. Gorgeous!

Jules said...

I just bought Jungle today and I love it. It looks great with my brown eyes!

Julia said...

I LOVE Laura Mercier. I think she's so sincere, she was the first company I bought make-up from when I was 15. She does natural beauty so well... these are gorgeous, I cannot WAIT to try them out!!! I'm going to have to decide on a color, as a redhead, I have too many bronzes, browns, and tans!

Mara said...

The colors look beautiful! Laura Mercier is not available where I live so I would have to order online - how would you compare them to the recently launched Bobbi Brown's cream shadow sticks?

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, especially Rosegold - I might have to spring for this. Since you're a rose gold expert, what if you added a "rose gold" tag to products you review in this shade? I'd love to be able to search for other rose gold products you've loved.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I ended up purchasing "Amethyst", one of the older colors. And it's gorgeous, it just doesn't quite have the staying power on me that Bobbi Brown's new Long-Wear eye sticks seem to. I know, I'm a BB fan, but seriously, I had some eyeliner transfer with this one, and none whatsoever with Bobbi's. Have you tried those yet? (why do I feel like I've told you all of this before? It's my "meno-fog"!!)

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Anonymous, I will try to remember to do that, and I am going off to add the tag to this one.