Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New: Clé de Peau Beauté Enhanced Lip Luminizer

Clé de Peau Beauté Enhanced Lip Luminizer ($35) - three new, limited-edition sheer lip shades inspired by desserts. "A delicious-looking desert with a texture that captures the gaze. The irresistible smell and excellent taste bring deep satisfaction." Luscious, mouthwatering, and pink, the color of spring.

Pure radiance in a lip rouge. Lavishly bathes lips in luxurious luster. With each use, the fuller and more stunning your lips become. Brilliant dessert-inspired shades and a sumptuous texture put a spotlight on your most beguiling feature.

I purchased all three in the refills to save money.  Directly above, the photo (taken in full sun) shows #221 (Sweet Nougat), #222 (Sugar Candy), and #223 (Raspberry Rip). How could I select just one?

My swatch photos were also taken in full sun. Interestingly, #221 isn't much different on the skin - or the lips - from #222. I probably didn't need both of them. They are swatched on my arm in numeric order, with #221 at the top.

While there is a difference between #221 and #222, it is very hard to discriminate. That's surprising because they definitely look different in the tubes.

All of the other photos I took radiated intense shine. While these swatches show shine, it's moderate (and true). The superbly soft and silky formula melts onto lips and hydrates them intensely. This lip color feels good.

There is a retractable holder ($25) for the Enriched Lip Luminizer cartridges, and I would recommend you purchase at least one. Otherwise, it's extremely difficult to turn the mechanism at the bottom of the refill to raise the color bullet in the tube.

These colors are magnificent, in my opinion. They are perfect for me at any time of year, but they signal spring and warmer weather - or dessert time. Select the mental image that appeals to you.

I'd recommend you stop by a Clé de Peau Beauté counter and explore the magnificent new colors. Since it's Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus, why not go there? Or, check them out online at the Clé de Peau Beauté Web site.

Photos at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Soni said...

Oh how I love these lip luminizers. They feel so good on. (especially in this winter weather) I have a Cle de Peau counter at the Japanese market across the street from where I work. (this causes frequent MIA scenarios at work) :)
I was just there last week & tried on 221 & 222. On my pigmented lips 222 was the clear winner. 221 was just a tad too pale. Unfortunately they only had the testers so I walked away empty handed. They did promise to call when the products came in. I have 222 on hold as well as that gorgeous shadow quad. (#510) Thank you for your gorgeous swatches & all you go through to get them for us. Not an easy feat on the East coast.

Soni said...

Oopsie! I meant quad #209 not #510.

Anonymous said...

Do these plump the lips?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Soni,

I knew they had to look different on someone. If you want, I can give you the name of my SA, who can send to you with the Beauty Event bag/GWP.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

No, I don't think so.

Walls said...

Raspberry Rip looks especially delectable. Don't yet own any Cle de Peau makeup... that may have to change. Thanks for the pretty swatches, CG!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Walls, it's definitely worth dipping your toes. :)

Soni said...

Ooooh yes, that would be great! Unfortunately this little Japanese market doesn't do the beauty events.
Thanks so much CG!!

Meredith said...

I just received the Raspberry Ripple and the new face luminizer. Both are gorgeous. The lip luminizer is unlike any other product around, IMO. Very soft, pretty, moisturizing and just somehow special. I feel that it gives a special youthful look to the lips. I'm going to spring for another. I took a chance on the new face luminizer and it's special also. I use it as a contour, very nice color for those of us with pale skin. Very natural and soft, no hard lines or obvious marks. I bought the palest one in the past but it was too frosty and obvious on my middle aged skin so I gave it to my older son's girlfriend. It is very beautiful on her perfect skin. I can't wear the eyeshadow quads as the sparkles scratch my too sensitive eyelids but this collection is a winner!