Sunday, March 31, 2013

Chanel Collection Révélation Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer for Spring/Summer 2013 - New Shades Swatched

The collection we've been anticipating is here! I took at photo at Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase, Maryland, of four of the five new Collection Révélation Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers ($29.50). Ocean Shimmer is the one I didn't swatch - primarily because it's clear. These are the shades that Chanel has introduced as new. The other shades in the collection are repromotes (see below).

Inspired by the elegance of Gabrielle Chanel, Collection Révélation makes lip gloss the essential accessory for summer. A fresh palette of best-sellling Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers ($29.50) presents captivating options. New and beloved shades offer a sophisticated spectrum of color, from simply sheer Ocean Shimmer to intense yet versatile Crushed Cherry. An array of finishes - subtle sheen to sparkly metallic - complements every look with ease.

The colors in Collection Révélation are listed below.
  • Ocean Shimmer (clear shine with shimmer)
  • Argonite (repromoted clear shine with pink shimmer)
  • Plaisir (repromoted milky rose)
  • Seashell (repromoted delicate peach)
  • Mica (repromoted pink with shimmer)
  • Amour (repromoted extreme sparkle pink-coral)
  • Rose Sauvage (shimmering rosewood)
  • Daydream (intense metallic fushsia)
  • Savage Grace (deep shimmering garnet)
  • Crushed Cherry (deep burgundy)
 My photo above, shows, from left to right, #172, Rose Sauvage; #174, Daydream; #175, Savage Grace; and #176, Crushed Cherry. That's also the order in which I swatched them on my arm, shown with #172 at the top and moving down numerically. I took my swatch photos at high noon outside of Saks.

Had I had the money, I would have purchased all four of them. I gave myself a day to think about it, and I still can't decide. I plan to limit myself to two. The problem is that they are all gorgeous.

Rose Sauvage at the top of my arm is described as a light rosewood, but I see more of a medium pink. I don't see any brown in it. It is the sheerest of the four. I think it's very pretty, but not necessarily unique in my collection.

Daydream (second down) is gorgeous. I really don't know why Chanel described it as an intense metallic fushsia. Metallic/shimmering? Yes. Fuschsia? No, I would reserve that description for Savage Grace. That leaves me wondering if I confused the descriptions from the training sheets, so I went back and checked. No matter what shade Chanel calls it, I would call it a shimmering, warm pink - one of the prettiest shades I've seen lately. I'm sure this is one of the two I will purchase.

Savage Grace (odd name for a lip gloss, don't you think?) is a wow shade. Bright, shimmering fushsia, it could also be a rose-red on the lips, depending on lip coloring. It's a beauty.

Crushed Cherry, described as a deep burgundy, is more of a cherry red to my eye. It's so pigmented that wearing it is like wearing lipstick, not gloss. A bit less shimmering than the others, it's a perfect red gloss for those who are comfy with red lips.

Ocean Shimmer is a clear shimmer that adds iridescence to the lips without color. It's a great topper, but I don't think I need it. Which shades look like must-have's to you?

Chanel's Collection Révélation Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer for Spring/Summer 2013 is available now. You can see the collection at Chanel's Web site, and I'm sure it will arrive at your favorite Chanel counter soon. If you would like help from the Saks Chevy Chase team, give them at call at (240) 497-5363 or (240) 497-5301. Georgia and Maria will be happy to help you. I hear Loyd has been feeling under the weather.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, Wow---- Savage Grace is gorgeous! (And what a name too)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey!

They are all so pretty. This is going to be a tough choice for me. Bizarre name. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello CG,
I bought Daydream at first, then exchanged it for Rose Sauvage. Daydream was too fuchsia on me (and I am usually somebody who can wear pinks/fuchsias). Somehow,this bright color and in the form of a gloss didn't work on me - or so I think at least. The other dark ones weren't spectacular on me either. Rose Sauvage is not unique but a pretty lip colored gloss. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones on two and four legs. I love your blog.
Best,
Tanja

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tanja!

That's why there are four new ones. I'll bet we will all find one that's perfect.

Audrey C said...

I like the crushed cherry. I am a darker skin tone so the lighter shades would probably be to bright.

Andrea said...

Daydream and cherry both look fabulous, I will be stalking the Chanel counter for the release of these glosses in the UK.

VancouverChic said...

Oh WOW! The Savage Grace that is an amazing color. Okay ... WANT!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for doing the swatches C-Girl, they are simply stunning.

Warm Regards,
Joanne

bedazzled64 said...

I really want to try these! Savage Grace looks too much like my beloved EL Pure Color in Violet Rain. Actually I think my EL is more opaque than Chanel's SG. So I'm thinking maybe Crushed Cherry and Daydream, they are so pretty! Thanks for the swatches CG, its much appreciated :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Funny, I thought for sure that "Rose Sauvage" would be the one that spoke to me, but "Daydream" is much warmer than I would think based on its look in the tube and the description by Chanel. That's why swatches help so much! Especially before shelling out money on high-end cosmetics. Thanks so much!

Running with Scissors said...

Daydream is definitely my favourite. It would be so pretty layered over other lippies as well, no?... Hope they hit Oz shores soon - perfect for our upcoming winter xxx

Melanie Stewart said...

love these colors, this makes me want to play with them! so pretty.