Friday, March 22, 2013

Coming Attraction: Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shine

Guerlain's new lip gloss collection, Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shine ($30) is due at counters in April. The classic 1960’s pin-up girl is more than just a pretty face. She is witty, elegant, playful, and secretive all at once. She is incomparably charming and has perfectly mastered the art of femininity. A reflection of her era, the 1960’s pin-up girl embodies bold originality. In homage, Guerlain presents Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shine, a collection of lip glosses as sensational as the era that inspired it. Just like the '60’s pin-up girl herself, Maxi Shine is playful, provocative, ravishing, and irresistible at first glance. The new gloss will provide intense color and shine with a bare lip sensation.

The 20 shades of Gloss d’Enfer guarantee our lips a shimmering, radiant, and plumping finish. Maxi Shine’s oil composition creates a moisturizing barrier to ensure an intense softness. The ergonomic applicator allows for easy lip definition, more effectively evoking the hint of a smile. Additionally, each shade presents varying degrees of coverage and pigment intensity. The perfect partner for a desirable, appealing smile, Maxi Shine offers tailor-made effects for beautifully enhanced lips.

An amazingly smooth and non-sticky texture glides on the lips like a second skin. Guerlain says we'll forget it's even on. Composed of mineral and vegetal oils, the texture forms a protective barrier on the lips that prevents moisture from evaporating and keeps the lips soft and hydrated.

Extremely shiny, the lips will look plumped, radiant, and absolutely brilliant. I can't wait!

The shades fall into four categories: beiges, reds, oranges, and pinks. The wide range of colors features sheer to rich coverage options, as well as high shine with and without sparkle effects.

I have one low-resolution and one scanned photo of the shades. Please remember to click on the images to enlarge them.


I'll show you the 10 new nail lacquers tomorrow. Start saving your pennies! Guerlain’s Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shine collection will be available beginning in April 2013 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman. Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shine will be available at select locations of Sephora in May 2013.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain

11 comments:

Meredith said...

Lots of pretty colors to choose from! Why is it that I can spend as quickly as I save up? Always something new to desire! I like the last 3 colors of the pink category.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful and I feel trouble in the wallet brewing. Too many gorgeous shades to possible choose one, two...
Thanks for sharing!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Meredith,

Easy! The temptations are too great. These look exquisite.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Purple Peacock. I'm wondering what I can sell. :)

Anonymous said...

#470, you are gorgeous.. I want you!

STEPH said...

I'm looking forward to seeing these in store, cant wait to swatch them myself

Charlestongirl said...

Hi wwendalynne, I am sure it will be yours!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Steph,

I would imagine that I will have a thin wallet after they arrive.

Evelyn said...

Good thing I've been limiting my beauty purchases lately, those pinks are calling my name! :)

Emeral Beautylife said...

Nice looks:)

STEPH said...

You and me both Charleston Girl. Haha :)