Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IT Cosmetics Vitality Cheek Stain in Radiant in Rose

Last fall, I discovered a new-to-me brand: IT Cosmetics. IT knocked me off my feet. I featured Vitality Cheek Stain in Pretty in Peony and expressed my wish to try Radiant in Rose. IT sent me Radiant in Rose, making my wish come true. I knew I'd love Vitality Cheek Stain in Radiant in Rose ($24), and I do.

Let's start with the color. It's much prettier in person than it looks on the IT site (see photo at the top of this feature). The color is pure rose, and a perfect pick-me-up for spring and summer.

It's a powder blush, cheek stain, antioxidant defender, and hydrating skin conditioner all in one. The cutting-edge micro-milled, long-wear powder stain never clings to fine lines and wrinkles, but it imparts the glow of a stain with a powder. In the compact, if feels like a hybrid between a cream and a powder. Pretty cool!

Developed with plastic surgeons, this hydrating, brightening, and anti-aging blush gives the perfect naturally pretty flush of color to the cheeks and is surprisingly long-lasting. The innovative formula contains IT Cosmetics' Hydra-Luxe technology, including ingredients such as plum oil, cherry oil, hyaluronic acid, pomegranate, seaweed extract, grape seed, aloe, and jojoba that all work together to treat, hydrate, condition, and nourish your skin. Plus, Vitality Cheek Flush is packed with antioxidants, including vitamins A, C, and E, açaí fruit, green tea, and white tea. They packed all those fabulous ingredients into one blush. What did they leave out? Talc, paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, and phthalates, making Vitality Cheek Stain a blush for everyone. An extra-added benefit is that is is made in the USA and cruelty-free.

I know we have all been trying to avoid phthalates, but after seeing Dateline on NBC News Sunday night, I must write about what I learned. I don't want them or any other hormone disruptors metabolized in my body. More on that another time.

All of you who have a hard time holding onto your blush for an eight-hour day will love Vitality Cheek Stain. It is seriously long-lasting (as are some other It products I've been trying), and it may be the answer to an issue that has vexed you as long as I've been writing this blog - or longer. This cheek color will stay with you all day.

I took swatch photos in full sun that was fading fast. I applied the swatch of Radiant in Rose at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator, and a larger swatch with a blush brush below - both fairly heavily. Fortunately, I got a few photos before the clouds diminished the light.

The color is pure rose. It is the pink of spring. With Easter coming up, we will see a parade of spring colors. Radiant in Rose will fit right in.

I have one more of these gorgeous IT Cosmetics blushes to show you: Magical in Mauve. I'm a fan!

Last fall, I admitted that I've had my head in the sand. Perhaps I'm too much of a luxury brand snob. Look at this page of stories and wonder (along with me) how I had only a passing knowledge of IT Cosmetics before autumn. I'm almost ashamed to admit that my first try of It Cosmetics was in October. Want to know a little more about IT? Check out this About page on the company's Web site. I'm joining this family. Who doesn't like anti-aging makeup with flair?

You can find IT at QVC (where I don't hang out often), Henri Bendel, and Beauty.com, and the company's Web site. In Canada, you can order from The Shopping Chanel, and in Australia, you can order from PM Studio. Look around online and let us know what rocks you. Thanks to IT, I have a lot more to show you. As the sun rises in the sky and spring arrives for good, I'll have more available time for swatch photos.

Photo at top courtesy of IT Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charleston girl.
I've been reading your blogs for some time. I like to know if you have tried Le Metier De Beaute's Dark Spot Corrector?

Charlestongirl said...

I did try it. LMdB's Dark Spot Corrector made me peel. It has too much retinol in it for my skin. I am terribly allergic to retinol and cannot develop tolerance to it. Others who are using Dark Spot Corrector like it.

Gingy said...

Oh! I'm excited about this brand! I went back to check out your post of the Peony stain and it's so pretty!! IT's website has an "Exclusive Spring Collection" for $50 that has the Peony stain, Anti-Aging Crème Radiance Illuminator, and a super cute blush brush! Have you tried their Anit-Aging Radiance Illuminator or had any experience with their brushes? Thanks so much, CG!

Anonymous said...

They make a fantasic eyeshadow primer called bye bye lid lines.

Meredith said...

Hi CG, I may be imagining things but I seem to remember maybe 6-8 weeks ago or so, about you maybe getting a beautiful blue suede jacket. I think you showed a photo of it. I remember thinking how lovely you would look in it with your blonde hair and pale skin. Did you ever get it? Or am I dreaming again?

Anonymous said...

Gosh! I just want to dive into that color! I love colors like this but even ever so lightly applied it makes me look burned. Tempted to still try it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gingy,

Love this brand! They kindly sent me a brush set, and I LOVE it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous, I will have to see if that's among the products I haven't had time to test yet.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Meredith,

I didn't buy it. I haven't found a new job. Sad.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Renee,

Easy does it on the application. Use a fluffy blush brush. It works for me, and I'm pretty pale.

Anonymous said...

I am most definitely going to give this brand a try! Thank you CG for bringing it to our attention :) Who can argue with anti-aging cosmetics. What a brilliant and perfect combination. One of my favourite skin care products contains fairly high conentrations of hyaluronic acid and whenever I use this mask (Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask), I see wonderful benefits for the following two days. I look more rested, my skin much more dewy with fine lines far less noticeable. I don't have many, but I know they are there!. So, Wow, imagine wearing cosmetics that actually plump and hydrate versus cosmetics that dry and lend to sallowness on more mature skin. I just took a peek at the blush colours on the company website and I'm leaning toward Peony but I'm having difficuly visually discerning the difference between the rose and apple shades. I'm going to guess the apple shade has a redder base and the rose..well..I see it here on your post and know I can wear this shade so I think I should pick up both :D Thanks again and enjoy your evening!

Meredith said...

For Renee, I have found that using a stipling brush, otherwise known as a skunk brush is the secret to using blush colors that are highly pigmented or a stronger color than I can usually wear. MAC makes a couple sizes and Chanel makes one, as well as Hakuhodo if you prefer a Japanese brand. All are equally good.

Alanne said...

I already use IT Cosmetics universal brow power pencil and really like how natural it looks and how easy it is to apply. The oval shape of the tip is the secret I think. Anyways, I need to reorder soon and was thinking of giving this blush a try at the same time - so this review is timely! I'm just not sure what color to get. I look best in neutral, muted colors that lean towards warm rather than cool. Based on what you've tested what would be the better color for me?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi wwendalynne,

I adore that Sisley mask. Addictive love.

Pretty in Peony is darker on my skin that Radiant Rose - if that helps. I think you will enjoy IT.

Charlestongirl said...

Good ideas, Meredith!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Alanne,

The Matte Sweet Apple color might be best for you.

ame said...

I use this blush in the Pretty in Peony shade and love it.