Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty New Fluid Sheers - Swatched

Finally, the new Giorgio Armani Beauty Fluid Sheers arrived at Saks Chevy Chase. Giannina Davis called me to let me know they were in the store and waiting for me. I went over today to swatch them. I swatched five of the six. Somehow I missed one.

The new Fluid Sheers ($59) left me bouncing off my boot cast - as I expected. I adore Fluid Sheers. They dress the skin in an illuminating veil of radiance. The unique, translucent formula is available in a range of versatile hues, including makeup base shades, correcting shades, and radiance boosting shades. Blend your favorite Fluid Sheer with foundation to add radiance, polish, and sculpting definition to your complexion or use it alone as a makeup base. Fluid Sheer was named Allure's Best of Beauty Award for Best Highlighter in 2012.

The new Fluid Sheer shades follow.
  • #4 (yellow)
  • #5 (peach)
  • #6 (coral)
  • #8 (light pink)
  • #9 (rose pink)
  • #12 (copper brown)
I wanted every one of them, but restrained myself to an initial purchase of #5 and #8. I am sure I'll go back for at least two more.

Here are my swatch photos, taken outside Saks. I found a nice patch of grass in the sun and plopped myself down to take photos. My swatches were applied with a sponge-tipped applicator. The lighter ones were patted onto my arm because they started to blend out too much when I swiped them. The darker ones were swiped and patted for even swatch color. From top to bottom on my arm, they were #4, #5, #9, #8, and #12.

I expected to find the #4 yellow too artsy, but I really want it. I was constrained only by cash. The yellow is a perfect gentle shade to take the red out of my cheeks, and it mixes beautifully with the other shades. Giannina mixed thee shades on her hand - #4, #5, and #9, I think - and the result was exquisite. It made me want to stay and finger paint.

The peach #5 is irresistible. It's light, glowing, and perfect for warming the skin with easy color. It will also be fabulous for spring and summer. The bright pink #9 is a sunny cool pink that sheers out easily when blended.

The light, silvery #8 is drop-dead gorgeous on my skin. It is a beautiful highlighting shade. At the bottom of my arm, there's a Fluid Sheer that's perfect for gals with medium to dark skin tones: #12. The coppery brown is gorgeous when blended.

Somehow, I missed the coral #6 when I was swatching. I have no idea how I did that, but I'll show it to you when I feature mixed shade swatches. They are worth a special feature! Leave it to Giorgio Armani to develop my latest crush.

The Fluid Sheers have arrived at Giorgio Armani counters nationwide. You can also find them at the Armani Beauty Web site, where you can take advantage of a 15% off offer with the code GLAM. It's valid until March 24.

If you need help, give Giannina a call at Saks at (240) 497-5206. Or call the store phone at (301) 657-9000, dial 0 for operator, and ask for Armani Cosmetics. 

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

19 comments:

JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty said...

So nice to see more colors in the range. While I'm not sold on the texture, I do like the nice subtle shimmer of fluid sheer.

lovethescents said...

What a fascinating collection. I'm so not an artist. I'm sure those with a bit of flare and imagination would have a lot of fun with these! Thank you for the swatches!

VancouverChic said...

Hi C-Girl,
This is real nice product! I can see using the yellow on my cheeks to cover red.

Do you think the peach is sufficient color to use as a blush? Still looking for the peach blush of my dreams with no red in it, but with enough pigmentation.

Thanks for the great pics!
Warm Regards,
Joanne

Polarbelle said...

Those are REALLY interesting!!!! Can't wait to see your mix swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne,

I love everything about Fluid Sheers, and now, there are so many new ones to tempt me!

Charlestongirl said...

You don't need to be an artist, Lovethescents. Just pick one and either mix it in with your foundation, moisturizer, or dab it on the high points of your cheekbones.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne,

I can use it as a blush.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Shelley,

The mixed shades are beyond cool. The result is like having your own color.

Virginie said...

I want them all, is that possible??? Gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Very possible, Virginie! I want them all too.

Trishb said...

If Bobbi Brown's yellow powders are too dark for me, it seems the GA FS yellow may be even more unforgiving. Hmmm, need to get my hands on a sample.

VancouverChic said...

Awesome C-girl ... I am feeling the peach big time lol lol

Charlestongirl said...

Joanne, that peach is a must-have.

Charlestongirl said...

Trish, I think it will be more forgiving. Very sheer.

LilJeJa said...

5 and 9 8 are beautiful! great choice

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oooh yeah...that Peach will be mine!! :D

Charlestongirl said...

Hi LilJeJa,

I think so too. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Becca, it's totally irresistible.

Makeup Remastered said...

Hi CG
Please may I have your expertise-I am a light to medium skin tone-would I go for the the coral or peace for adding into my foundation for added radiance and a bit of colour correcting?-is the yello good for all skin tones for canceling redness??-Thanks
I am going to order online sight unseen-Help!