Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bobbi Brown Launches a New Pretty Powerful Campaign with Pretty Powerful Pot Rouge

March is International Women's Month, and even though Bobbi Brown Cosmetics celebrates women every day, Bobbi is launching a new Pretty Powerful Campaign for Women and Girls, the first-ever charitable initiative by Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. This worldwide movement, launching this Friday, March 8, is dedicated to empowering women and girls with education, resources, job skills, and work experience and will aim to help them "be who they are" - the best they can be.

The campaign will raise funds through the sale of a limited-edition Pretty Powerful Pot Rouge (shown above, $25) and via GlobalGiving. This shade was designed to work with all skin tones. The double-duty cream formula blends easily for a soft, stained finish, while the mirrored flip-top compact allows for on-the-spot application. 

In the United States, every penny of the proceeds from the sales of the Pretty Powerful Pot Rouge will go to Dress for Success, which Bobbi has supported for years. In Bobbi's words, "Makeup along cannot even the playing field for women and girls across the world, but I believe that together, those who create, apply, buy, and wear makeup can."

Bobbi has put together a video introducing the campaign. You can see the video on YouTube. As she said, "Let's rock this one!"

Isn't it amazing that you can treat yourself to this gorgeous pot rouge and contribute at the same time? Even better, you can donate directly at the Global Giving site. Just go to Bobbi Brown's Web site to purchase the Pretty Powerful Pot Rouge. From today (actually March 1) through September 1, 100% of the proceeds of the sale of this special-edition, multitasking lip and cheek color will go to Dress for Success. How can you resist?

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

10 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'll be first in line! I love that Bobbi is a philanthropist (have you ever seen her on QVC? Every single time she's on, she gives $25,000 to Dress for Success.) Looks beautiful. Do you know if it's a brand new color or a re-work?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

I think (I'm pretty sure) it's a new color, but I have written to PR to verify. I wrote after COB, so I will let you know tomorrow.

Eileen said...

100%? Now, that's impressive! Dress for Success is a wonderful and worthy cause. Looks like I'll be buying a new pot rouge :-). Bobbi Brown has long been the working woman's hero; not just for her work appropriate makeup, but for her philanthropy. Three cheers for Bobbi!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the information. Picked up a pot tonight as a pick me up while jean shopping. Cuz you know, trying on jeans when you're having a puffy day isn't the best time to shop for clothes. However, it's a perfect time to shop for make-up!

Ellen said...

Love her philanthropic nature, don't believe in the one color can fit most skintones theory. Maybe because I cannot find colors to suit me within her line anymore. I wish her charity all the best, and hope she brings back some of the brown toned shades that were the secret to her "success"!!

Charlestongirl said...

Cheers again, Eileen! She is tops. I am waiting for my pot to arrive and will swatch it when it does.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Wendy, do you love it?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ellen,

I see a lot of browns in Bobbi's lipsticks (and lip glosses), the early keys to her early success.

Actually, I can see this rose shade working on nearly everyone. Maybe not every single person, but that's just because I can't visualize it on olive-toned skin without seeing it in person. Soon!

Wendy said...

Good evening! Do I love it? As a blush, yes! On my blueish-brownish, pigmented lips, not so much. It shows up as a pale pink. It reminds me of a less pigmented, glossier and lighter shade of Becca's dragon fruit beach tint or MAC's Twig. I might give it to my fair skinned daughter once summer comes and my face tans. It does perk up my face on gloomy rainy days like today.

Ginny said...

This looks like one of their existing rouge pot, or very similar to it. But for the good cause I'll probably get one...Can't wait for your review!